• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Blue Moon! (129)

UmbrionKnight

I love this episode! The Quagsire are so cute! The plot was pretty interesting too, and it intrigued me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just somehow remembered I watched this episode and it's one of the several Johto saga episodes that I've enjoyed. I've mostly enjoyed the Quagsire and it was interesting to know that they liked round objects. The part where a Quagsire took the GS Ball was a bit of a cliffhanger for me but at least I enjoyed their ritual with the round objects.

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I got plenty of laughs out of Quagsire following Ash around trying to get the GS ball and of Team Rocket trying to capture them only to have them slip right out. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Nuoh and Koduck's staring contest made me chuckle, and I was surprised that Nuoh was faster in water than Zenigame was. I liked when Kojirou was using Nyasu's sphere as a crystal gazing ball, and I was irked when a Nuoh stole the GS Ball. Luckily, Satoshi managed to get it back after the waterfall ritual.

ZilverLox

Banned
Pretty good Johto filler! I personally find Quagsire to be a fairly interesting Pokemon. I really enjoyed the part where Chikorita showed her affection towards Ash. I also enjoyed watching the Quagsire escape from Team Rocket and shoot rocks at them. I thought it was pretty clever. I am also glad that they managed to get the precious GS Ball back. Hopefully Ash learns to be more careful with it. :)

_LightMeww_

This was my favorite Johto ep because A) we got to see Ash's crazy antics when he tried getting the GS Ball back and B) Quagsire is my favorite Johto mon. This was such a fun and wacky adventure.

Vipsoccermaster

Fair episode. Indeed, it was annoying how Quagsire kept coming for the GS Ball, but the reasoning was explained at the end of the episode. Ash is lucky, but he doesn't appear to be most of the time. Chikorita seriously has a crush on Ash, it just wants to have more screen-time than Pikachu. Rather, more attention than Pikachu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Fair episode. Indeed, it was annoying how Quagsire kept coming for the GS Ball, but the reasoning was explained at the end of the episode.

Even with the reasoning given, Nuoh ended up being a nuisance. Had it not been so obsessed with taking Satoshi's GS Ball, I might've actually considered it as a potential capture since Satoshi lacked a Jouto Water-type at this point.

Vipsoccermaster

Had it not been so obsessed with taking Satoshi's GS Ball, I might've actually considered it as a potential capture since Satoshi lacked a Jouto Water-type at this point.
And even if that scenario happened instead, Ash wouldn't have gotten Totodile and instead would have gone to Misty (and the Totodile duel wouldn't have happened, either).

Alloutℯ

Banned
I thought that Misty had a good chance of catching Quagsire and she might have succeeded if it wasn't for her Psyduck's complete cluelessness.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I thought that Misty had a good chance of catching Quagsire and she might have succeeded if it wasn't for her Psyduck's complete cluelessness.

Koduck was just being his usual simple-minded self. The funny thing to me though was how Nuoh looks just as dense as Koduck, yet the ones shown here surprised me with their cleverness.

Daizy

I call you honey
The GS Ball was never gonna be resolved so I guess it didn't even matter if Quagsire had stolen it. Ash went through so much drama just to get it back.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even though Satoshi saving the GS Ball seems sort of moot now given how the GS Ball was pointless in the end, I do wonder how Gantetsu and Okido-hakase would've reacted if Satoshi had failed to get it back from Nuoh.

Who knew that Ash taking care of the Gs Ball would be so hard? He almost lost it here which would've been bad since his whole trip to Johto started when he promised to deliver it to Kurt. I thought that Quagsire was really annoying and a thief even if it didn't steal the Gs Ball for malicious reasons. I just hate it when random wild Pokemon mess with Ash and the group.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
He almost lost it here which would've been bad since his whole trip to Johto started when he promised to deliver it to Kurt.

Given that the GS Ball plot ended up being wasted since it was never resolved, I don't think that it going missing permanently here would've been such a big deal in all honesty.

For an episode about the GS ball nothing really happened. I wish that Ash would've learned more about what made that item so special instead of him going most of the episode worrying about where Quagsire had taken it. I think that the waterfall scene when the Quagsire were throwing their items in the night sky was beautifully done but it still seemed like something was missing that would make this episode more special than it ended up being. 6/10