• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Mawile! (382)

Heracross

Custom User Title
Wow, this one was as funny as people said it was. The whole episode was really comical, especially Brock.XD I noticed the sound effects that Dogasu mentioned and I thought they were completely out of place. I never really liked those type of sound effects anyway, but I like them even less now. I guess I'm not the only one who thought the animé did a much better job presenting Mawile than the games did. Before I saw this episode, I thought Mawile was really weird-looking, but the one in this episode was really cute, and so was her trainer.^^; With all the comedy in this episode, one thing really made me laugh. I loved the part when Corphish is flirting with Mawile and he comes running back after being rejected the first time and is stunned to see Mawile clinging to Lombre. Brock runs over and starts to cry, followed by Corphish... and then Torkoal starts to cry for no reason.XDD That was so funny!

Geodude

Do you think it's possible that Pokemon can detect the presence of evolutionary stones, but don't know exactly what they are until they find them? Lombre could have sensed something was nearby that was of interest, but didn't know what it was until it found the Water Stone. That's my guess.

F

Factory Head Noland

I've just watched this episode and it was hilarious! I loved the convo between Wobbuffet and Lombre, Team Rocket are just watching them, lol. I know what you mean about Wobbuffet hitting Lombre across the head being funny, it was a hoot!

I loved how Ludicolo was shocked that Mawile liked that Psyduck and then about 3 seconds later it's back dancing lol!
I LOVE Ludicolo, it dances and it's happy and it knows Bullet Seed!!

One of the best things in this ep is that the Advanced Adventure tune is in it!!!!!!!!

Chris

Old Coot
Geodude said:
Do you think it's possible that Pokemon can detect the presence of evolutionary stones, but don't know exactly what they are until they find them? Lombre could have sensed something was nearby that was of interest, but didn't know what it was until it found the Water Stone. That's my guess.
It's possible. Going back to the Johto episode that explained the shards of evolutionary stones can be picked up in the wind, the Gloom huddled together when the winds picked up and evolved differently. Poliwhirl even put the King's Rock on its head without knowing what the effects would be.

F

Factory Head Noland

Also in "The March Of The Exeggutor Squad" all of the Exeggcute evolved without Grass Stones. Many people believe that there were particles of Grass Stone in the wind just like in the episode "Whichever Way The Wind Blows" as mentioned by Edward Elric (Are you EliteTrainerRaven?).

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Can anyone get me some sound clips of the "cartoonish" sound effects used in this episode? They really piqued my curiosity, and if I hear them, maybe I can identify which American studios they're from.

*sends millions of letters that ask the dubbers to dub it way early.* :D

It just seems so hilarious. :)

I literally can't wait for it to come. However, chances are that I'll end up forgetting about it by then. I sure hope not. :(

Also, I think the Psyduck might mean the return of a certian charcter soon.

Hmm. They're not to Sootopolis yet. I wonder. :)

Was anyone else really surprised by how high Torkoal jumped?

You wouldn't expect such a slow-and-heavy looking turtle to jump that high into the air.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
this episode is hilarois lately these eps have been enjoyable fillers
off topic: seems to me they have been doing wobbufet some justice by giving him some more funny scenes because wobbufet started to lose his shine by not being so funny near the end of johto and some of hoenn.
any way congratalation lombre for becoming Ludicolo

F

Factory Head Noland

I am surprised at that, it's one of the few times we have seen it use Body Slam:

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/026.jpg[/img135]

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode looks so great! Poor Lombre/Ludicolo looks just as unlucky in love as his trainer, and poor Corphish looked heartbroken too, but they had some great moments from what I saw in the picture. :) I'm not crazy about mawile, though, I consider it the least attractive of all pokemon (which makes me glad I got Sapphire). Storywise, though, the episode looks great.

Plus, there's a Psyduck!!!!!! :D :D :D

F

Factory Head Noland

I agree, I thought that Mawile would look kind of ugly (judging on R/S sprite) but it's not that bad:

[img135]http://leafgreen.free.fr/pokemonag/ag105/110.jpg[/img135]

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Nameless said:
Poor Corpfish but it was funny to see brock and Torkoal cry with it.

Heracross said:
Brock runs over and starts to cry, followed by Corphish... and then Torkoal starts to cry for no reason.XDD That was so funny

you saying torkoal crying is funny? as a torkoal lover i find that offensive! Maybe torkoal just missunderstands the whole crying thing.Torkoal will get his revenge!!!!! you can count on that!

i looked at the pics and it looks like a realy good ep! cant wait til the UK Get it (if we ever do)
i never knew torkoal could jump that high

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
....I just saw the episode and Hasubrero sounds a lot different to how I remember its voice way back during the episode it evolves from Hasubo 0_o; I don't remember it sounding half as dopey as it does now~

Does anyone know if they had a change in the voice actor at some point?

Chris

Old Coot
The voice actor didn't exactly change, but they deepened the voice. It sounded better now.

And please, don't take offense to laughing at Torkoal. Torkoal's crying is SUPPOSED to be for comedic purposes. Especially when it joins Corphish and Takeshi in the crying session. XD

Come to think of it, what does the 'lombre's flower arragement' mean, in the title? I saw this episode and I don't remember anything about flower arranging.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
That would be because someone misinterpreted the kanji. 花道, read kadou, refers to the art of flower arrangement. 花道, read hanamichi, as it was in this episode title, literally means "flower road", and can refer to either the part of a kabuki theater where spectators gave flowers to the actors, the path a sumo wrestler takes from the preparation room, or metaphorically to a glorious departure scene.