• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Mawile! (382)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
They say she's called Samantha. A rather common name for once.

B

Blaziken master

This is such a good episode. Lombre is such a great fighter and torkoal was cool too

Zabi

Not really here.
Excellent episode...I love the new animation for Bubblebeam and flamethrower...The end was the best how Ludicolo and his big o_O! XD One of the better episodes in the Hoenn League. Whenever it has to do with Brock's Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo, they are excellent.

This was a great episode.

• Wobbufett and Lombre's act was funny.
  • 2 fantasies for the price of 1.
  • Corphish's interaction with Mawile was also funny.
  • Ash's density has increased twofold :O

We're witnessing a good filler streak. 9/10

Animation = excellent in this episode. Especially Torkoal's attacks.

Lombre also had awesome animations, whether it be attack or dodging.

Mawile is quite cute, I have to admit. Samantha is a little too similar to her, though ._.

LMFAO at Torkoal joining in on the crying for no reason. This entire episode is hilarious :D.

Poor Brock. Poor Mawile. Poor Corphish. And poor Ludicolo. This is a pity episode XD

Trainer's Choice is right again. It's going well this season =D

Lol Lombre and Wobbuffet. I sense the rise of VacantShipping ;D.

Heh, Meowth couldn't find a use for Lombre. That's a first, he can find a use for anything ¬_¬

Overall rating:
9.6 out of 10
Excellent episode in all ways. Dialogue, animation, and plot: all of them were awesome.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
Trapinch is a humble Pokemon?

Mawile aving a crush and Lombre, but he doesn't like her. Then she gets mad and bites him. Hilarious.

Corphish having a crush on Mawile, but she doesn't like him. She bit him and threw him and ran back. He saw Mawile snuggling with Lombre. Hilarious.

Brock talking about 'Rejection Road'. Brock starts crying, then Corphish, then Torkoal. Hilarious.

Torkoal is pretty dang powerful.

Mawile's Ribbon Dance, original idea, pretty lousy name.

Samantha's hair was...ummm, different.

Brock trying to get Lombre to like Mawile so Samantha will like him. Priceless.

Brock: From one loser in love to another, help me out.

Meowth's idea about Mawile to the boss was not that amazing.

Lombre not being a good idea and Giovanni walking and seeing Lombre.

Wobbbuffet and Lombre's stand up act was hilarious.

Yet ANOTHER Pokemon that can use Solarbeam.

Brock's mariache get-up.

Lombre finding a water stone in Samantha's backpack was random.

Do ALL Ludicolos like to dance?

Ludicolo liking Mawile then seeing Mawile's expressin.

How can the main character's Pokemon learn a powerful attack without practicing it?

Mawile liking Psyduck.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode was hilarious!

All of Brock's lines in this episode were brillaint! "What do you know? You're just a kid!" This episode was even funnier than last weeks about Claydol.

Not only that, the battles were very well done in this episode. Torkoal Vs. Lombre at the beginning, and even Team Rocket actually put up a decent fight this time. I also liked it that Ash was commanding one of Brock's Pokemon without a problem. Really nice animation during some of the battles.

We haven't had a love episode in awhile either, so it was nice to have one of these again. Brock + Corphish = gold. Brock was really desperate to get Samantha. Anyone else notice that during the romance scenes the camera kept shifting to Ash and May? I usually don't talk about this stuff here, but I found it amusing that May said, "Spoken like a man." and then, "And he still acts like a man." followed by Ash's, "I do?". If they are heading in that direction, I'm glad it's more subtle and not as cliche as Ash/Misty.

This episode also gets bonus points for Lombre evolving. Ludicolo has the same voice as the one from the 6th movie.

Anyway a really great episode with a mix of comedy, romance, and great action scenes. Another reason why AG is just the best.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Freaken AWESOME episode! So glad that I decided to tape it! The animation and voice acting (especially on Brock) has gotten SO much better!! XD Heres to more eps like this one!~ Lovely

Last edited:
G

Geki

Awesome episode, I loved it. Ludicolo kept the same dub voice as the one Poncho had. Mawile was cool, and the comic relief in this episode was some of the best I've ever seen. And most of all, Torkoal in a battle again!!!

10/10

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Alright, I offically hate the music selection people at 4Kids. Having heard the score for the original final battle, the dub sucked. They used the worst music the dub company created for Pokemon and killed the atmosphere. Though, they have nothing to answer "Ready, Go" anf they will never keep a Japanese song in the dub. I guess all I can say is "KAAAAAAAAAAAAHNNN!".

Other than that, it was an awsome episode and unfortunately too rare for this anime. In fact, two great episodes in a row is almost unheard of in the Pokemon anime.

8/10
The original got 10/10 but the music knocked the dub down a few notches.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Chosen of Mana said:
This was a great episode.

• Wobbufett and Lombre's act was funny.
  • 2 fantasies for the price of 1.
  • Corphish's interaction with Mawile was also funny.
  • Ash's density has increased twofold :O

We're witnessing a good filler streak. 9/10

yea..i agree with what ya said above..

these kinda eps...are just something so funny TO ME...and some others...

good job...for who ever did this...as i love thse LOVE AND REJECTING THINGS...

that's the cool thing about brock...i just like it when his Pokemon get inot the mood tooO :D

V

Volt Tackle

Lombre obeying Ash, nice twist. Plus this episode made me decide to use Ludicolo in my team instead of Exeggutor.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
It was great watching this episode in full animation! I've only ever seen pictures before. It was amazing!

Ermm...somebody needs to confirm this, but I believe they cut out the shot of Heigani sneezing. Apparantly, in the original, Masato mentioned Kuchiito's crush on Hasubero, and that Heigani didn't stand a chance. A shot proceeded of Heigani sneezing. In the dub, Max does mention Corphish, but no sneeze shot! Could this be 4Kids trying to wipe out anything left of Japanese tradition?

And it seemed odd to me they didn't show Takeshi singing anything of his song. Is this the same in the original?

Confirmation would be great.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Samayowa

you amaze me.
This was a good ep. it was funny and we had a new evo.! That was probably the best part..and Wobbufet and Lombre's little act..lmao.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I hate 4Kids even more. The worst part, those SOB's won't even give us uncut DVD's.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Bulba the Great! said:
And it seemed odd to me they didn't show Takeshi singing anything of his song. Is this the same in the original?
No, it doesn't show anything. After the battle, it just cuts to both Brock and Corphish collapsing of exhaustion.

And yeah, they did cut out Corphish sneezing for that brief second~

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Dont worry yall - all future episodes use that type of animation for those attacks ^_^

Anyway - I havent watched it yet (my mom recorded it) but it sounds like a good episode.

~Scott;229;

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was great. Mawile was awesome(I always preferred Mawile over Sableye). I guess Torkoal and Lombre learned some new attacks. When I first saw them use Body Slam and Razor Leaf, I though to myself, "Since when did they start using those moves?" TR's boss fantasies were funny(especially Lombre's). Mawile's boss fantasy wasn't that good(Guess Meowth is starting to run out of ideas*lol*). It was also hilarious when Torkoal started crying with Brock and Corphish. Brock's Lombre evolution was good, too.

mangod/pikachu

Volcano Trainer
I liked this episode. The animation was great, it wasn't just a bunch of "moving" still images of Pokemon attacking like in most episodes. There was actual animation to the characters. I thought it was funny when Brock was trying to get Lombre to act like it loved Mawile. Mawile was especially cute, it's gonna be in my sig soon. I loved how Meowth was trying to think of ridiculous uses for Lombre, but it could only think of it's scary face.