• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Mawile! (382)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
WaterDragon trainer said:
I guess Torkoal and Lombre learned some new attacks. When I first saw them use Body Slam and Razor Leaf, I though to myself, "Since when did they start using those moves?"

Err, they knew those attacks a LONG time ago. In fact, I think Lotad used Razor leaf in it's debut episode. If not that, I know it used Razor leaf in the Sharpedo episode in early Hoenn.

Medea

Excalibur
Okay didn't come back here at 9:30, so here I am now! This episode was pretty good. I just love it in Meowth's vision and Gio's expression staring at Lombre. And good to see Brock's Lombre evolve. So it was a good episode overall!

Thriller

Its almost time
GRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH :# I HATE THIS!!!!!

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS EPISODE SINCE FOREVER AND WHAT DO I COME HOME TO SEE ON MY VCR? Its default, meaning the power went off today. I was hoping it went off after 10:00 AM and checked the tape and saw nothing. I am really ticked off about this, yes I can watch it on Friday but now I gotta wait almost another whole week before seeing Ludy come into the picture.

P

Proffesor Pikachu

They didn't show a Pokemon episode today.I WAS SOOO annoyed.*kicks tv*

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I always pictured Mawile feminine like as her lower half looks likes a dress.

I guess Mawile & Lombre's love were never meant to be. They are in separate Game Boy Games.

I agree with James. Those "Boss Fantisies" were ridiculious! Giovanni want Pokemon he can use to gain power, not for some damn staring contest!

What the hell does Mawile see in that Psyduck?! Would she fall in love with Misty's Psyduck?

I always thought Overheat was spreading fire through your body.

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
My favorite aspect of this episode was the very clean animation.

This episode was pretty funny, especially when Meowth couldn't think of a good fantasy for Lombre.

It seemed sort of random for Lombre to suddenly search Samantha's bag for a Water Stone. The fact that it's personality changed when it evolved into Ludicolo fit well in this episode, but how did it know there was a stone in her bag?

I too wanted to see at least a portion of Brock's act.

Lombre and Wobbuffet's stand up routine was entertaining.

This episode was pretty good, though I didn't particularly like Mawile's intro into the anime

9/10

EDIT: Psyduck

STJ

meh..^_^'
I've only seen the Japanese version, and I found it very funny

As for the banter between May and Ash, what does Ash say exactly again?
Something along the lines of "you can't force love"

I'll greatly apprecieate it if someone can give me the quote

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't know if this is correct word for word, but it went something like this:

::Corphish is upset, Mawile runs after Lombre::

Ash: Guess you can't go out of your way to force someone to like you.

May: Spoken like a mannnnn. (Emphasis on man)

Later toward the end of the episode:

Ash: So much for true love.

May: And he still acts like a man.

Ash: (turns to her) I do?

I'm sure I'm a little off at what Ash said word for word, but it went something like that. What May said however is exactly what I typed.

Psychic Venusaur said:
My favorite aspect of this episode was the very clean animation.

This episode was pretty funny, especially when Meowth couldn't think of a good fantasy for Lombre.

It seemed sort of random for Lombre to suddenly search Samantha's bag for a Water Stone. The fact that it's personality changed when it evolved into Ludicolo fit well in this episode, but how did it know there was a stone in her bag?

I too wanted to see at least a portion of Brock's act.

Lombre and Wobbuffet's stand up routine was entertaining.

This episode was pretty good, though I didn't particularly like Mawile's intro into the anime

9/10

EDIT: Psyduck
Pokemon that evolve through stone evolution can sense when stones are nearby i believe.

Andromache

Cat and Snake lover
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like that Lombre just obeyed Ash. I mean, what's the point of a Pokemon belonging to someone if anyone can order it around? Seems to defeat the purpose. Otherwise, though, it was a pretty good ep.

I agree with the person who said a while back, I think on the previous page of this thread, that they felt bad Brock wasn't there to witness how well Lombre did, and I agree. The evolution was random, but a bit less random than Lotad to Lombre, since it seemed Lombre sensed the stone. A shame he evolved for nothing, but hopefully he'll have his uses.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Any noticed Runpappa's voice was Eric Stewarts (Brocks)? I read an article some years ago that he does a majority of the Pokemons voicing

wobbanut

Team Awesome
You know, I came into this episode solely looking forward to the random psyduck cameo. :D I ended up enjoying this episode even more than last week's claydol episode, which scored a 9.5 from me. It was also the first episode since "Dues and Don'ts" that I watched twice in one day because I really enjoyed it.

HIGHLIGHTS:

-- Wobbuffet and Lombre's comedy routine. :D :D :D That was too funny for words. At least unlike the Wobbuffet/sudowoodo scene in "Type Casting", I didn't have to know what their Japanese names meant for it to be funny. I liked James "Stand-up?!" reaction afterward too.
-- "I always wanted a green mawile with a pan on its head." ROFLOL
-- The anti- Boss fantasy. About dang time. :)
-- Dustox!!! We see it so rarely. :( At least its appearance and Wobbuffet's comedy schtick made up for the lack of Chimie.
-- Lombre's total cluelessness. Reminds me of those Dumb Ash moments I miss so much. :D I loved Brock's frustration too.
-- GREAT showcase for Brock.
-- Great Corphish outing too. He's still my favorite of Ash's Hoenn pokemon. I really felt for him when he started crying before Brock came to console him.
-- I LOVED the Brock/Corphish/Torkoal group cry. LOL Of course, Torkoal joining in was what made it funny.
-- Ludicolo's mouth hanging open in shock was LOL hilarious.

LOWLIGHTS:

-- Mawile. Sorry, I just don't like 'em. At least otherwise the story was great.
-- What, no "Takeshi in Paradise" singing this time? I really wanted to see Brock and Corphish shakin' their groove thang, considering they really got to bond a bit in this episode.

Overall, 10/10, one of the best episodes this season for sure. I'm glad we had two great episodes two weeks in a row.

PDL

disenchanted
I was afraid I was going to miss this episode, but I managed to see it before I had to leave for a resort...

anyway, it was very amusing, most of the amusing points have already been mentioned already... however, I would add

- anyone notice the sound effects of Dustox's Psybeam?

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
PDL said:
- anyone notice the sound effects of Dustox's Psybeam?

Which leads me to my question - I didn't get to see this, so I must inquire as to whether or not 4Kids touched the sound effects in this episode. I'd been looking forward to this episode in America (that's the ONLY time I'll ever say that) because it uses a vast amount of American-made sound effects, no doubt to give it a more cartoony feel. So did 4Kids leave them in for the majority, or did they get the shaft?

B

Blaziken master

Jesse GS the II said:
Which leads me to my question - I didn't get to see this, so I must inquire as to whether or not 4Kids touched the sound effects in this episode. I'd been looking forward to this episode in America (that's the ONLY time I'll ever say that) because it uses a vast amount of American-made sound effects, no doubt to give it a more cartoony feel. So did 4Kids leave them in for the majority, or did they get the shaft?

I've watched it and I heard no sound effects whatsoever