• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once In A Mawile! (382)

Desert Flower

Sandstorm Trainer
I'd been looking forward to seeing this one, because I love Mawile. I thought, possibly, that I may even gain a new respect for Ludicolo by seeing it on the anime. But no, my opinion of it is lowered even more. It's even more annoying than on the game. It's gonna end up chasing girls away from Brock, I can see it now. It's too bad, I kinda like Brock. Not as much as Steven of course, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for him.

Pokemonger49777

IT'S ASHER JESUS!!!
That was funny when Meowth said what the boss could do with the Lombre lol.

mrbrightside69

*The Water Warrior*
Ok i just watched this episode again this morning, and i have one thing to say about that Mawile: she was totally leading lombre on, all over him, and then right when he evolves, shes all, no way hose, i want psyduck. That girl must get around.

Maestro Kinético

Stupid episode, I love Mawil and they just ruined the Pokemon. It was so lame, bad jokes and no plot at all, and Ludicolo's evo was the worst evo ever.

I hate this season with a passion...

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Stupid episode, I love Mawil and they just ruined the Pokemon. It was so lame, bad jokes and no plot at all, and Ludicolo's evo was the worst evo ever.

I hate this season with a passion...
Way to give reasonable opinions. Maybe you could explain WHY you thought they ruined Mawile? Maybe you could explain why you thought all the jokes were lame and Ludicolo's evolution "the worst ever" (really I liked how fittingly random it was).

Mostly the Mawile was a pokemon who liked pokemon that were dense and didn't avidly return her feelings. She liked it when Lombre defended her but didn't like how affectionate Ludicolo was. In many ways she is like the girls that go after Ash (be they Misty, Melody, Anabel etc.), they seem to be attracted to guys who are good-hearted and sweet but dense, thus letting them be the pursuers rather than the pursued.

Maestro Kinético

You are trying to find a meaning to something it hasn't, it was just a filler episode with random and stupid evolution (takes a water stone because he feels like doing it and starts to dance). I don't think that I have to give an explanation to why I didn't like Mawile. Come on, she was like one of those teen dumb girls and she used her fantastic weapon in a lame way. This was an episode for kids, with no drama and sense at all.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
You are trying to find a meaning to something it hasn't, it was just a filler episode with random and stupid evolution (takes a water stone because he feels like doing it and starts to dance). I don't think that I have to give an explanation to why I didn't like Mawile. Come on, she was like one of those teen dumb girls and she used her fantastic weapon in a lame way. This was an episode for kids, with no drama and sense at all.
Since when was pokemon all about drama? This was a comedy episode no different from that Slowbro one in the first season or the episode where Misty caught Psyduck.

Plus it had higher quality animation than most episodes and one of Torkoal's best (and among its few) battles.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Dude, Torkoal and LOMBRE battled. That doesn't happen everyday, this episode is one of my favorites ever. Kanto can keep it's AMAZING evolutions....

Maestro Kinético

Yeah, a teen crush, jokes for kids and a battle with nothing especial is better than intelligent writting and dramatic twists. Come on.

Since when was pokemon all about drama? This was a comedy episode no different from that Slowbro one in the first season or the episode where Misty caught Psyduck

It was not all about drama, but it was drama since the first episode (the spearows, Ash hurt and Pikachu saving him) Now we don't have drama, we have cheap comedy and random evos. I don't mind comedy as long as it's intelligent comedy mixed with emotional escenes and nice plot twists.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Kanto....

Teen Crushes.
Jokes for Kids.
Battles that were one or two attacks.

It's getting annoying how every post is praising Kanto, yet their can't be any new episodes we think are great.

I'll take this episode over 2/3 of Kanto any day.

Maestro Kinético

Yeah, plus good storylines, drama, intelligent writing, original episodes, episodes with deep meanings...

Now you only have the teen crushes ,the bad jokes and two attack battles (Team Rocket?) which wins?

About your last sentence, No comment. I think that you can try to deceive me but you can't deceive yourself.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I'm "decieving" myself? How? I loved this episode, I wanna make LOVE too this episode, it was friggin hillarious, Torkoal is one of my favorites, Lombre's battle was kick ***, the romance was cute, Corphish getting jealous was cute, the whole crying scene rocked.

NOS! Algae, uhh????

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Yeah, plus good storylines, drama, intelligent writing, original episodes, episodes with deep meanings...
These episodes have always been rare, name any in the first season and I can come up with ones from more recent times. Like the Ralts episode with Max, the episode with Ash bonding with Sceptile, or the episode where James gets Mime Junior.

Really, I don't see how the first season was bursting with intelligent writing (aside from puns), drama and deep meanings, the latter of which are usually saved for the movies. It does have some of the series' best episodes, but it seems to me you're seeing the past through rose-colored glasses.

Now you only have the teen crushes ,the bad jokes and two attack battles (Team Rocket?) which wins?
And these haven't been present throughout the series? As I recall the first trainer battle Ash won consisted of a couple of String Shots and a Tackle, and with some exceptions most gym matches ended after only one or two attacks were exchanged.

Last edited:

parukia49

Hey if there r any aussies out there, any1 know when pokemon will come back to the battle frontier series from this episode onwards? Im kinda gettin sick of chronicles as theyre repeating those episodes again!
edit: sorry i meant after pasta la vista but i thought this was after pasta la vista.

Last edited: