• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once More With Reeling! (467)

Who knew something as small as finding out who won a (non-official) contest could be made out to look so dramatic? :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
May's Eevee's Dig and Shadow Ball appeal was kinda predictable in my opinion, and Team Rocket's ship and net scheme had me rolling due to how basic it all was. I cheered when May's Combusken finally evolved after so long and I thought that Sceptile activating Overgrow and Blaziken activating Blaze was a good way of boosting the battle's climax.

JudySpell

Banned
Sceptile battling against Blaziken was great but I thought it should've been done without the Contest setting. I was just sick of Contests by this point. 4/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow Ash and Pikachu's electric disc appeal was impressive, plus so was Eevee's Shadow Ball appeal. I loved how Combusken evolved as well as seeing Blaze and Overgrow activate. :3

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ugh, this battle was rushed. I just wish May would have used Blaziken better. It has a good advantage against Sceptile and May didn't use that advantage to help her much. If she used Flamethrower then Ash would have been in a worse position...

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was really just a feeble excuse for Ash and May to battle. Honestly, a Contest that just so happens to only have two rounds and in the second, only two people advance from the first? Please.

Ash deciding to enter a Contest was stupid, moreso because he had zero experience with them yet his appeal with Pikachu still got him a high score. It was a total beginner's luck moment that looked bad.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Toneriko Town looked so festive, so it was a shame that we only got to watch Satoshi's group hang out at the Toneriko Contest building. Also, the fact that Contesta, Sukizoo, and Lilian weren't involved was depressing. I enjoyed seeing Jukain and Wakasyamo develop a little rivalry, as well as when Wakasyamo evolved into Bursyamo. Better late than never.

Daizy

I call you honey
It was a great episode. I really liked the music when Sceptile vs Blaziken started. Ash's whole electric appeal with Pikachu was good, but what exactly was the point of him entering.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi's motivation for competing in the Contest here seems weak now given that he had never even shown an inkling about wanting to do Contests in the past.

Why did the writers wait to evolve Combusken until the second to last episode... Sceptile vs Blaziken was great