• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once More With Reeling! (467)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
But wasn't this tie that people were talking about supossed to be in this episode...something is up.

And either Blaziken is weak or Sceptile's tail is really tough cause it is sad that Blaze Kick did next to nothing on it.

I just saw the ep, the usual dumb team rocket stealing pokemon from trainers but were there really only 5 competitors in this contest cause obviously there was only one battle for the winner.I gotta say i still dont completely understand contests does the bar go by health or by style points, there were many times in this ep(and many others) where a pokemon lost health and didnt get hit, and o ya and the anime doesnt neccesarily always follow the manga adaption

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
All the past times they have.

but according to the manga version the "Tie" was supossed to happen this episode, Combusken evolved during the fight with Sceptile, and Pikachu and Blaziken sent TR flying of something to that extent...something is up we might actually have a winner after all.

Geodude

At first I disliked May's lack of commands in the first few minutes of the battle. But now that I think about it, Blaziken had just evolved. May had not yet had a chance to see what it could do in battle, to gauge its strength and power, get used to its reaction times, and so on. She kind of had to do that on the fly in this battle. She was used to dealing with Combusken, but the more powerful Blaziken was another matter entirely. So she spent the first few minutes getting a feel for what Blaziken could do, while it naturally dodged attacks, lowering Sceptile's points in the process. That's a sign of a good coordinator right there.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I think it will still end in a tie, I bet that explosion is Team Rocket again. Than Ash will lead Team Rocket away from the contest area and fall down a rocky area and run into Gary who is on a cliff than Gary helps Ash defeat Team Rocket. Ash challanges Gary to a battle but his Pokemon might be too tired and weak. Than they go back to the contest and Ash finds out the battle ended in a tie and he gets some thing along with May. And tells every one what his plans are and is with Gary or Gary went some where else to pack. May tells Ash the contest gave her inspiration to go to the Jhoto contests and defeat her rivals. Max cries about leaving and May tells them they will meet up agian some day and Max stops crying. They all split up, Ash stops by his house and says good bye agian. Gary is there and goes with him, it ends there. That's how I see it happening next week, huzzah I'm bored.

Manene!

I think that may have been the end of the contest. I'd be surprised if they actually finish the battle in the next episode.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
^ That is true. The smoke may clear with them both on the ground.

After all, there's a lot to fit into the next episode.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
I think that may have been the end of the contest. I'd be surprised if they actually finish the battle in the next episode.

I agree. The outcome will be decided when the smoke clears weather it's a tie or somebody wins. They could give May a win and make it not look out of place since she was given a big type advantage and a big advantage in it being a contest battle.

Last edited:

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
No, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile has never used Slam. Its moves are:

Pound
Quick Attack
Bullet Seed
Leaf Blade
Solarbeam

If you've seen the episode, how can you possibly mistake Sky Uppercut for anything else, considering that the Japanese name for it, called out clearly whenever the attack is used, is "Sky Upper"?
The people confusing the attack were probably judging by the pics. In the pics sky uppercut, mega punch, and focus punch pretty much look the same.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
I hope that Ash wins. Sceptile is MUCH cooler than Blaziken...fraid i have never been a Torchic/Combuskin/Blaziken fan, just always looked like an overgrown chicken!

I like the fact that Ash lost points at the beginning for ungraceful battling. It's to be expected as this is his first contest. He's used to just hitting and knocking out as fast as possible. It also shows how quick he is to adapt his and his pokemon's battle strategy and style. Illustrates that he's grown up a LOT when you compare it to his battle style and strategies when he was younger.

I recon it would be nice for Ash to have this win because it won't mean anything really, just that he can excel at all ways of pokemon battling!

Rudoku

Your mom
BTW, only 40 episodes more and Pokemon will be the longest anime series in all history... (Dragon Ball Sage has the record with 506; Dragon ball (153), Dragon ball Z (291) and Dragon ball GT (64))

You know that's a lie. Detective Conan beats Dragon Ball, Doraemon beats Dragon Ball badly, and there's a series that has over 1000 episodes (I forgot the title).

cassius335

Aura Trainer
You know that's a lie. Detective Conan beats Dragon Ball, Doraemon beats Dragon Ball badly, and there's a series that has over 1000 episodes (I forgot the title).

As for as I can find, Detective Conan only ever had 452 eps. Doraemon, on the other hand, has over 2000 eps and counting, therefore pretty conclusively kicking Dragonballl Saga's head in (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1317)

EDIT: Koga Rank!

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
This episode made Blaziken go up in my favorites list. It looks awesome.

But I dont like the fact they have overpowered Sceptile. Blaziken should be able to kick it's green a** in no time.

NateDawg161992

Mononoke Fan
SO I just watched it and I think that blaziken looks to red also Sceptile was murdering blaziken and now they have the same Points. And does anyone know where I can watch it with english subs?

NateDawg161992

Mononoke Fan
I didn't mean now I meant in general where can I find the newer japanese episodes subbed, since I don't want to wait for a year until the episodes come out in english (with crap voices)