• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once More With Reeling! (467)

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Now that I got to see the episode in action, I can't really say I'm impressed. The battle could have been so much better, but all the action seemed... off. Perhaps it was this episode's animation team, but my god. Everything seemed slightly misshapened, not enough to be blantantly obvious, but still enough to see... not right. I do enjoy the fact that Sceptile kicked that fire chicken's butt, and I will insist that only plot forced it into Overgrow. That, or those Blaze Kicks hurt a lot more than it seemed.

Like I said before, I'm glad Sceptile started using that bush of his, but it just seemed so rigid.

Pikafan

Ashfan for life
I think May will win because overheat has more base power attack and Solarbeam has less. Maybe not but let's see where this goes next week

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
^^ That doesnt matter in the damn ANIME Pikafan. If you go by base power then how was it that May's skitty in the last Hoenn contest used Fire spin to completely overpower a Hyperbeam attack from Jynx.
Besides in one of the hoenn league matches, Ash used Torkoals Overheat and his opponent used Tropius' Solarbeam and the result was BOTH pokemon being knocked out.
How many times does this have to be said, the match will be a DRAW. This is not speculation, its already been CONFIRMED. So its not going to be something like Blaziken standing tall after the smoke settles, no thats not going to happen.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The battle should have been much longer too.

It's a shame that when the smoke clears they're both likely to just fall to the ground KO'd. I would have liked the battle to continue in the next episode but I realize there's not enough time to squeeze it in.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
They were both moving a little fast after Blaze and Overgrow kicked in, and that could have been made a little longer rather than the two-minute stare into the smoke, which both Pokémon managed to float in rather than fall straight out.

Overall though, I did enjoy this battle. If it is indeed Haruka's end, then this was fitting. She had a final battle with Musashi, Shuu and Harley, and now Satoshi. It really shows how strong she is too, since she won a fair few, and already beat Shuu before the final battle episode.

Iota

shadowmon

Boulder Trainer
i just saw the epi but i have one question:

why did ash lose points at the begining of the battle?

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I saw this episode somehow and it wasn't much what I expected. I thought there was gonna be a winner, and make us wait for a week. But the looks of the contest, it seems like an ameatur like. Many participants were idiotic people who don't what there doing aside of Ash and May.

The parts that kept me entertained was Ash's and May's appeal and the battle. I thought May's Cobusken would envloved during the battle, but nope around Team Rocket.

Ash looks like he could do pretty well in a Contest since it was highly appealing of the combination of thunderbolt, quick attack, n' Iron Tail could do. But too bad, he's too aggressive with the battling which makes me think he not good battling gracefully. What ya expect?

Before I seen the episode, I had more chances with May to win the whole thing, but I gonna bet Ash is gonna it in her own game, if anyone seen the scoreboard, it looked liked that Ash was in the lead by a 1/8 of inch. But hard to say. Its just me!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Besides in one of the hoenn league matches, Ash used Torkoals Overheat and his opponent used Tropius' Solarbeam and the result was BOTH pokemon being knocked out.

Don't know what your tring to point out but i have to say that in that match that was the second time Torkoal used overheat, if it had been at full power Tropius would've been anhilated, but in this match, the fact that Sceptile had evolved earlier and been used in some high caliber matches more so than Combusken before it evolved, i would say this is even.

How many times does this have to be said, the match will be a DRAW. This is not speculation, its already been CONFIRMED. So its not going to be something like Blaziken standing tall after the smoke settles, no thats not going to happen.

No offense, but i'm starting to think otherwise as certain events in this episode happened at different times than the comic speicfied, we could very well have a winner.

Last edited:

Crimsonmon

Boulder Trainer
Those Diamond-Pearl Promotion Boys are really starting to annoy me, even more so than the Triva Quizzes. Luckily they should only be appearing in one more episode, unless they stick around to advertise the game some more.

Geodude

Sceptile attacked. Blaziken dodged. Satoshi loses points. That's just how contests work.
Indeed. In contests you not only lose points if your Pokemon takes a hit, but also if your Pokemon's attack misses or is dodged. This not only forced Ash to think about the battle differently, it makes coordinators in general maintain a good balance between offense and defense.

PiPikachu

Chu Chu Chu
one thing i really enjoyed from the ep was the remixed GS battle music which just happens to be my favourite score from the anime :>

pokemaster95

King of pirates
ash is good at contests man is there anything he cant do.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was great. It was actually funny when Brock hit on Nurse Joy in the beginning. I kind of thought it was weird how May’s Eevee could make fireworks from Shadow Ball. I though the trainers with the Magikarp and Gloom were horrible so it was so surprise that Ash and May would move on. It was awesome to see May’s Combusken evolve. It was cool to see Overgrow again as well as the Blaze ability.

ShinyLucario

Team Gracidea <3
This was a good episode. I liked how Ash appealed with Pikachu. Those Thunder Rings as I'll call them were interesting to see. Very unique, sticks to the whole "his own battling style" that Brandon taught him to use.

And May using Eevee in the beginning with Dig and then Shadow Ball was very nice and cute. I like how they put May in the first position because she does have more Contest experience than Ash does so it only makes sense really.

And with May having a Blaziken now it was a good fight, but I felt that Blaziken was getting kicked around way too much. It was getting beat up by a grass-type which Blaziken should've been able to defeat easily (Flamethrower would be my ideal move in this scenario).

I just don't think May is used to having a fully-evolved Blaziken to fight with and maybe she was nervous. I am not sure, but the ending will be good. I do know how it ends, but I will not spoil it for the fans.

I'll just say that you'll like the next, and final, Battle Frontier episode.

-ShinyLucario