• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once More With Reeling! (467)

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
This is episode was so amazing and i thought the battle was so awsome <3

10/10

Medea

Excalibur
Super!

-That contest reminded me so much of the VERY first contest that May saw (you know a male announcer instead of Vivian or Lillian).
-The male announcer...oh it's really nothing. I'm just speculating something for next week for a certain voice that BETTER SOUND PERFECT!!!
-I totally space and forget that May's Combusken evolves into a Blaziken. I'm an idiot.
-Usually Brock sits down in the audience and shout his love to Nurse Joy from there. What the hell happened here? How did he make it pass security?
-Because I'm being watched and spyed on by certain people here and it's really pissing me off...
[SPOIL]Seeing Ash in the contest, I am not used to that and I will never get used to it. Not even in D/P! Stick to gym battles![/SPOIL]
Although I will say that his appeal round was pretty good.
-The battle itself...cool! I was at the edge of my seat. (That usually never happens when I'm watching an anime, or at least not since InuYasha)

And that's about all.

Cobalt_Latios

Well for a before last episode for a season, it was pretty good.

The major event that i was waiting to see was Combusken evolve to Blaziken. That was the highlight for me for this episode. The actual battle between May and Ash was pretty good, and the announcers even mentionned that May's Combusken had just evolved.

I was kind of expecting Solarbeam and Overheat when both Blaziken's and Sceptile's abilities were activated. Then the scores that were covered by the smoke in midair. I'm not sure if the animators were expecting us to be color blind, because you could easily see who won and it was both.

here:

Edit: I feel that it will be rather difficult for me to find PBF: "Home is where the Start is." After it airs, since only one place had this episode. Eh, i dont really mind who will have it, just so long as i do get to see it.

~C_L~

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
ash has way too much experience over may, he should have won, but they just like to screw around with us, dont they?

Ash has never been in a Contest before, Combusken/Blaziken have had a ton of battle experience.

Why whine over something so trivial? Its just meant to be the final battle of AG between Ash and May, nothing earth shattering.

Jorah

What do I put here?
I thought through most of the battle, Ash was saying commands but May didn't do much to counter. I found that a little irksome. I think that was at the start of the battle though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
That bothered me too. The writers focused on Ash throughout the whole beginning and didn't have May call out a single attack.

Seriously, wtf.

Cobalt_Latios

I thought through most of the battle, Ash was saying commands but May didn't do much to counter. I found that a little irksome. I think that was at the start of the battle though.
I noticed that too. The least the writers could have done was have May at least tell Blaziken to dodge, or to block the hits. Eh, the writers have an awkward way of doing things but, oh well.

On a side note, did anyone else notice that they deliberately made this a short 2 parter by having the end of battle take place in middair, COINCIDENTALLY in the exact same spot where the "results" screen was? Therefore they could shove the results to next episode and have a proper sendoff. Quite strange really.

~C_L~

wobbanut

Team Awesome
WOW, that battle between Ash and May in this episode that leads into the next episode is so amazing and powerful to watch. It was great to see Combusken evolve, and I was delighted that blaziken kept its established deep voice from the Silver Conference episodes and "Destiny Deoxys". PUSA Combusken never sounded as good as 4Kids Combusken, so I was definitely pleased to hear Blaziken sound exactly the same. Ash and May's appeals rounds were also great. For being a newbie in the contest arena, Ash was really good. At least his performance here helps set up his work in the Sinnoh region. I also liked the appeals of the other contestants too. I LOL'd when that one trainer was DQ'd because her vileplume's sleep powder KO'd the judge and Nurse Joy. :D I liked Team Rocket's pirate bit too.

I'm feeling sad that next week is the last time we'll see May and Max for the forseeable future. I'll talk more about them with that episode, but I know right now that I'm going to miss them a lot. :( Hopefully, if Tracey and Misty are any indication, they'll be making appearances in the future. And hey, I know who *IS* back next week. :D

Overall, 10/10.

Geodude

May must have known that Ash would attack immediately and aggressively, so she intentionally did nothing, relying on Blaziken to naturally dodge, knowing that Ash would lose points for the missed attacks. That's where her experience and familiarity with the scoring system comes in.

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
I liked May's style, against Ash. It was nice seeing Ash doing a contest though, rather then just plain battleing for a change.

I would give the episode a 9/10.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Considering you're the only one to say this a week after the ep has aired, I'm guessing nobody else did or you heard wrong.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I have a question that's been bothering me regarding the ice sculpture created by Seel. What kind of Pokemon was that? I didn't quite catch that one as it moves pretty quickly. I thought that ice sculpture looks like some form of Dialga?

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
watched it eariler today most of not been paying attention to hear that.

rubyandsapphire

The show was super and they had a tie when the time is up and they must share the ribbion as there are only 1,at first May decide to give it to Ash but he somehow tear it to half and give the half to May.That was so nice of him.