• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once There Were GreenFields (522)

Aquarelle

Staff member
Just rewatched this episode. It was great to see Gardenia again since she's one of my favourite Gym Leaders. I just love how obsessed and crazy in love she is with Cacnea...it's always funny to see.

I really liked how this was an episode in which Team Rocket did more than just try to steal Pikachu, it's a nice change of pace. It was great seeing James working hard with Cacnea in order to get it to master Drain Punch. I also liked how this episode showed how much James cared about Cacnea and how he realized that it was best to let Gardenia train it.

I'm not a very emotional person, so I didn't feel overly sad about Cacnea's departure, but it was a bit of a bummer to see it go after so long. Though, it's good that it will become stronger with Gardenia.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I absolutely loved seeing Gardenia return; her glomping James's Cacnea was so cute. I also liked that James teamed up with Gardenia to battle Ash and Dawn, but I screamed in rage when they lost. I thought it was nice of Ash to help make Cacnea stronger and I sobbed like an infant when James handed Cacnea's Poke Ball to Gardenia to be frank.

Pikachu52

It's an odd episode. It's not particularly exciting. It's just Team Rocket and Ash and friends working together to try and teach Cacnea a new move. Nice to see them working together for once, but given everything that they done to him and Pikachu over the past four generations I'm surprised Ash was willing to help Team Rocket. Especially when helping them would potentially put Pikachu at risk of harm. I'm surprised that Dawn was the only one to say anything about this - We'd be helping someone who only wants to hurt us and will use the skills we help them acquire to take our Pokémon from us. Cacnea leaving wasn't that sad - At the end of the day both James and Cacnea had a choice and made their decision. Neither Ash nor Pikachu ever has a choice when Team Rocket kidnap Pikachu. If anything it's kind of ominous - Cacnea hasn't gone for good and if it ever comes back it will be a much more powerful and well trained Gym leader Pokémon. Which would cause big problems for Ash and his friends.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
It's episodes like this that make me REALLY upset we've lost old TR in BW.
I really missed this TR in BW as well.
Cacnea leaving was definitely emotional.It was great to see Gardenia back.I did not expect that Ash will help James and his Cacnea but It was nice to see that he did help.Now that Cacnea is with Gardenia,It would become stronger than he was.A great episode for James's development. 9/10.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
I was so upset that James's Cacnea left here even if I was glad to see silly Gardenia again. It was a mixture of emotions for me. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how Gardenia was such a Cacnea fan, plus seeing her battle alongside James was fun as well. James deciding to let Cacnea leave for training made me sad, but it was probably for the best.

Drain Punch looked really spiffy here compared to what I was expecting. Poor Cacnea should've evolved into Cacturne before leaving James, at least.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It was great to see Drain Punch for the first time I think? It was disappointing to see James giveaway his Cacnea to Gardenia, though. It was sweet to see the Ash's pals deciding to help TR in this episode for a change.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chuckled when the Rocket-dan's motto and attack on Satoshi's group was halted by Natane and her love of Kojirou's Sabonea. Watching the exhibition tag battle between Satoshi and Hikari against Kojirou and Natane was exciting, and I loved how Natane saw Sabonea's potential. Kojirou handing Sabonea to Natane was one of Shinou's saddest moments.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode was so sad I teared up. Was sad to see Cacnea leave, but at least they gave him a decent send-off. He followed the Weezing trend rather than the Lickitung road.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Given how Kojirou's Sabonea had learned Drain Punch in this episode, I wonder why the writers didn't just wait to get rid of Sabonea when Sumomo showed up in Tobari City since she excelled at mastering Fighting-type attacks.

Daizy

I call you honey
Sad that Cacnea leaves and I really can't understand why they did it. It's really irritating how they stopped having Ash's Pokemon leaving the group but keep doing it for Team Rocket.

Zamin

This season is really doing all the emotional episodes. It was sad to see Cacnea leave, I didn't want him to go. I still missing Weezing and Arbok. Team Rocket have had lots of great Pokemon that they have gotten rid of sadly.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zamin said:
This season is really doing all the emotional episodes. It was sad to see Cacnea leave, I didn't want him to go. I still missing Weezing and Arbok. Team Rocket have had lots of great Pokemon that they have gotten rid of sadly.

In this case, I felt that the release of Sabonea made more sense than when the Rocket-dan trio released their Pokemon in Houen, because at least here we saw Natane return and she made an excellent mentor for Sabonea.

Scorbunnie

So sad to see James's Cacnea leave with that crazy chick Gardenia. I wish Cacnea had learned Drain Punch with James's help instead of it leaving to perfect its training.