• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once There Were GreenFields (522)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Cacnea & Gardenia! Farewell is for Whom?

In their next town, Ash & co. meet up with Gardenia, the gym leader of Eterna City. Deciding to do a tag battle with James from Team Rocket, Ash & Dawn battle James & Gardenia. However, James' Cacnea has trouble competing and Gardenia wants to help it become stronger. Will James allow Gardenia to take his Pokémon to train?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Goodbye Cacnea. Try to get a place on the discard shelf next to Chimecho, huh?

uber gon

Accept Change

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I dunno, the fact they will eventually double back around to go to Canalave means Cacnea probably has somewhat of a chance to come back. Maybe as a Cacturne even?

Anyway, I also noticed their was a sign in the beginning of the episode with ol' Sugi's Muku.BIRD art on it. Why? Who knows.

Also hear Chiisaki Mono plays when Cacnea leaves (to learn DRAIN PUNCH), and that song makes me cry. Also, Chimchar and Carnivine let Cacnea punch them.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The text beneath that somewhat bird-like image clearly reads 'A liL' H!A', which sounds like 'A little higher', obviously referencing the fact that the citizens of this jerk-water berg strive to one day meet the almighty one on the celestial plain. In short, it's just one more example of Mukuslim propaganda.
To hazard a guess, I'd say the Gardenia poster is promoting drug awareness, the famillar spokesperson of the campaign informing the locals that 'We grow plants at the Eterna Gym!', while the Manene one tells us to fear our own shadows, as they will eventually consume our very lives and steal our identities, like horrible light-devoid mimics.

Really sad that Cacnea left James, especially with all the work they've been doing to try and perfect Drain Punch. Not to mention the flashbacks makes it even more emotional. However, it is great to see Gardenia get Cacnea and to see her appear again.

Overall, nice episode. It was emotional, but that's what makes it good.

zeno48

Zaker!
Sad in deed. Cacnea was one of my favorite Pokemon but the way the writers were treating it I guess It was for the best that it was given to Gardania. James is a good person but a bad trainer and Gardania will make sure it grows strong. Sadly James will forget all about this in the next episode and never remember he ever had a cacnea.

Miss Rarity

A rarity to come by
Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! That was a sad episode... manene better not leave... I'll become emotionally unstable!!!

Speaking of manene is he like the devil of mukkulism or something, cause that evil Manene propaganda poster made me think that...

Anywhoooooo... Sabonea should have punched Maskippa in the face not Hikozaru for stealing his spot! Stupid Maskippa, i mean it has freaking multiple personalities or something. >_>;

All in all this was a nice episode i wish Kojirou would have been the one to prefect Drain Punch for Sabonea though

uber gon

Accept Change
Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! That was a sad episode... manene better not leave... I'll become emotionally unstable!!!

Speaking of manene is he like the devil of mukkulism or something, cause that evil Manene propaganda poster made me think that...

Anywhoooooo... Sabonea should have punched Maskippa in the face not Hikozaru for stealing his spot! Stupid Maskippa, i mean it has freaking multiple personalities or something. >_>;

All in all this was a nice episode i wish Kojirou would have been the one to prefect Drain Punch for Sabonea though

Well if the Characters have to come back here to get to the closed down gym then we may get to see Cacnea again. In regards to Mime Jr., we'll get to see more of it at least.

GreatLiver

Yeah, i really think that of any released pokemon that Cacnea has the best chance to return. The fact that it's with a gym leader and not just a cotd i think means something. Also like Kojiro said they will probably have to double back at some time too.

Sparkleo

Low on power...
It's sad to see another TR pokemon departure. Hopefully we'll see Cacnea again.

I'm surprised that the twerps agreed to help them after the constant attempts of catching Pikachu... (although it may not have been the first time.)

~Mesprit~

*Summertime*
Cacnea said "bye bye". Geshhh, it shouldn't have been happen. I had a hope for an evolution but it didn't evolve. James and Cacnea were really close and a bond between them was strong. If James tried little harder and longer Cacnea would be able to use a Drain Punch. He gave up too quickly.

I wonder when James will give up with his job and start own Gym. He is a sweet trainer and after training he would have a chance for being one of the bests. He is talented only he doesn't believe in own skills.

I almost forget.... James is really cute. I'm his fan girl^^

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Man, Team Rocket have the best Pokemon in the show. Not because they're super powerful, but because when it all comes down to it they're all incredibly loyal and have amazing tolerance. I mean, Carnivine was locked in a box for years yet it still loves James, Seviper was flat-out beaten by Jessie, yet it seems to have no grudge against her whatsoever. And considering the fate of the poor Rocket Pokemon is constant beatings, and the fact they seem to realize that and still stick with Jessie and James is just amazing. This episode shows that as Cacnea still wanted to stick with his loser friends then trade up to a much superior trainer like Gardenia, that really brought a tear to my eye. Meowth was right last episode, Team Rocket and their Pokemon really do have a powerful bond. I really liked how Carnivine looked sorry for Cacnea at that one part (which seemed like some bizarro Rocky scene), since all things considering it's basically probably the reason it is leaving...but still, I'm really gonna miss Carnivine and Cacnea's double hugs. In a way, I always saw Cacnea as kind of carrying on Victrebel's legacy, so now I kinda see Carnivine carrying the torch now.

Oh gawd. I can't believe I wrote that kinda emotional stuff, but seriously, I love the Rocket Pokemon so much. I'll probably burst into tears when Seviper leaves...if it does, that is.

As for the episode itself, to be honest the first half was kinda dull...but Cacnea's entire training and the ending made up for that. And Chiisaki Mono sealed the deal.

Really hope we see Cacnea again, maybe as a Cacturne. I don't expect it to ever permanently return, but it will be nice to see it show up atleast.

Which reminds me...I really really want a Team Rocket-version of Spurt, as in showing all the former Pokemon of theirs lined up or something. That would rock.

uber gon

Accept Change
Did Drain Punch's animation ever show actual "draining"?