• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once Upon a Time - Magic is Back

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
AKA The let me express my unashamed love of Robert Carlyle Thread

Please note that this thread will likely contain spoilers! If you haven't been keeping up with casting announcements for new characters because you want to be surprised or miss an episode and don't want it spoiled, it would probably be in your best interest to not read here until you do.

We had one of these threads at one point but I guess it wasn't active enough because it's nowhere to be found. Anyway... Those of you who watch this show probably already know Season 2 premieres this Sunday. Have you seen the sneak peeks and the promo photos? If you haven't seen some of the newest promo pics, you can find them here.

So what are your expectations for Season 2? Do you have any predictions? Conspiracy theories? Ships? If you've been keeping up with new character announcements, what are your thoughts? There's been a lot of controversy in the fandom over Mulan coming to the show. Some people think she's awesome and others think she isn't fairytale character material. One thing I will say I've noticed: August isn't really in any of the promo stuff, which leaves a lot of questions (I'm sure on purpose). Do you think he'll return as a regular cast member now that the curse is broken or is he still stuck as a piece of driftwood?

Discuss!

Oh my gosh! My favorite show!!! I'm really expecting more storybook characters. They missed the three musketeers, raps zeal, and so many more. I think they should really include these characters.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I was the one who made the last thread. I guess the break made it go inactive... Good to see another one, though.

I just saw the season premiere! :D OMG! I was not expecting what happened at the end.

Mulan! <3 This episode makes me wonder what happened to Shang, though.

Last edited:

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I was looking for the last thread, but it was nowhere to be found and it's a crime not to have an OUAT thread.

I worked Sunday and I was busy with other stuff so I didn't get to watch the season premiere until yesterday. I thought it was pretty awesome, though. I love how Gold has everyone in Storybrooke in the palm of his hand. Everyone thinks they can stop him, but he fools them every time. I was kind of annoyed when Belle walked out on him. I mean, really? Why would she think he's changed at all? But the ending with that Beauty/Beast moment just gets me every time. And I like the addition of Mulan. Not sure how I feel about the implied Mulan/Phillip relationship since he's kind of lame. And did anyone else find Aurora to be totally obnoxious? I saw the ending coming with Snow and Emma ending up back in Fairytale Land, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with them and Mulan and Aurora.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Nah, Aurora was more obnoxious in the Disney movie. She barely spoke in her own movie. At least here she's doing something. :/ Besides singing to animals and sleeping.

I was more surprised that there's a section of the Fairytale world that's not cursed, and that the whole Fairytale scene in this episode was likely happening at the same time as Storybrooke. (And therefore not a flashback.) Does this mean we're gonna have three flashbacks throughout the season? (Fairytale before the curse, Snow and Emma, and Current time.)

Last edited:

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I guess I just have no patience for stereotypically weak female characters, of which Aurora is the epitome. I get that she's there to fill that niche, but I don't like her much.

I would think (and this is just a guess) that if we have anymore flashbacks from before the curse, they would only involve Aurora, Phillip, and/or Mulan because all of the main characters from last season have already had their histories explained. The only person in Storybrooke I can see us getting a flashback before the curse of would maybe be Dr. Whale because we still don't know who he is yet. I'm wondering if maybe there was a particular reason for keeping that corner of Fairytale Land safe. Maybe Gold designed the curse that way? After all, he had the amulet to summon the wraith to go after Regina so maybe he left that area untouched for a purpose. He seems to have a reason for everything he does and I can't see his curse accidentally failing to hit that part of the world.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I just started watching the first season on DVD and I really enjoy this series. A friend from school introduced me to it.