1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by OnceUponATime, Sep 25, 2013.

1. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I'm honestly astounded that there isn't a thread for this show already. It's a pretty popular ABC show. So yeah. Discuss here. :)

Due to the love of her life being killed, Regina (the Evil Queen) turned evil and set out this Curse onto the Enchanted Forest and other lands (as seen when Frankenstein was brought). She blamed Snow for this as Snow told her mom Cora about her being engaged to the stable boy. When cursed, the characters were moved to Storybrooke, Maine and didn't know who they really were. While the curse was set, Snow and Charming had Emma, their daughter, and she was sent to our world via an enchanted, carved tree.

A 10 year old boy shows up and brings her back to Storybrooke to break the curse. He was her son, and Regina was his adopted mom. After trials and tribulations, Henry eats the Cursed Apple in the form of a turnover and gets put under a sleeping curse. This causes Emma to believe. When in the hospital, Emma kisses Henry's foreheard, breaking the curse with true love's kiss. When the curse breaks, Rumplestiltskin brinks magic to our world.

Emma and Snow get sent to the Enchanted Forest via the Mad Hatter's Hat and meet Cora, Aurora, Mulan, and Hook. Cora and Hook are after them while Aurora and Mulan help them get back. Mulan and Aurora stay behind while the other four all make it back, alongside Anton who Cora secretly brought. Rumple, Emma, and Henry go to NY to find his missing son and find him and bring him back to Maine. Cora dies in a climactic fight. Belle loses her memory by crossing the town line and a stranger by the name of Greg shows up in town.

Neal, Rumple's son, is the father of Henry and ex of Emma. He's currently engaged to Tamra, who is secretly working with Greg against magical beings. In the finale and episode prior to the season 2 finale, Neal gets shot and falls through a portal thanks to Tamara and lands in the Enchanted Forest. Mulan, Philip, and Aurora find him, though. Tamara and Greg then kidnap Henry and take him thruogh a portal. Rumple finds out they're in Neverland. Belle gets her memory back, and stays behind to lead the town while Emma, Snow, Charming, Hook, Rumple, and Regina set sail on the Jolly Roger, Hook's ship, in pursuit of getting Henry back from the bad guys. That's where we're at right now. Season 3 starts this week and will start with them in pursuit!

Emma: Henry's mom, the Savior, daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming
    Henry: 11 year old, son of Emma, helped break the Curse, also son of Regina
    Regina: The Evil Queen, adopted Henry when Emma put him up for adoption, laid the Curse into action
    Snow White/Mary Margaret: Teacher, wife to Charming, got sent to the Enchanted Forest with Emma
    Prince Charming/David Nolan: Was in a coma and "married' to Katherine, 'will always find' Snow, father to Emma alongside Snow
    Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold: Just watch the show for this one...
    Belle/Lacey: Lover of Gold, loves books, and is gorgeous <3
    Hook/Killian Jones: Initial antagonist, turning good maybe a little?

Where do I start? There are a lot!
    Cora (dead)
    Ruby/Red Riding Hood
    Archie/Dr. Hopper
    Granny
    Mulan
    Aurora
    Philip
    Neal/Baelfire
    Mother Superior/Blue Fairy
    Tamara
    Greg Mendel
    Regina's Dad
    Dr. Frankenstein
    Dwarves
    Tiny/Anton
    Tinker Bell (upcoming)
    Ariel/Little Mermaid (upcoming)
    Peter Pan & Lost Boys (upcoming)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. RogueLapras

RogueLapras Water Gym Leader

I really like this show too. I also was surprised there was no thread for this, Vampire Diaries, and True Blood. All of them are pretty popular.

Anyway, I won't be able to watch the new season until it comes out on dvd next year :( but I am looking forward to it. I just recently finished the second season. I think the second season was my favorite so far. I heard Ariel and Tinkerbell are suppose to be in season 3, but I don't know if that's true or not. I hope so, The Little Mermaid was my favorite Disney movie when I was a kid and I would really like to see Ariel on this show.

I like most of the characters but my favs are: HOOK, Mr. Gold, and Regina. Others I like are Mulan, Ruby, Belle, Aurora, Cora, Mad Hatter, Mary Margaret, David, Henry, and Emma. I also really liked the kid Baelfire, but not so much the adult. Oh and kidnapper Peter Pan was a great spin on that story.

3. SaveMeJeebus

SaveMeJeebus Fish are friends

I have only just caught up watching both seasons back to back. Its alright. I also like the twist of changing Peter Pan in a dark way. I believe they are adding Prince Eric as well. I also believe they have already casted Ariel and Tinkerbell. I hope they bring in Ursula too. I am looking forward to Wonderland!

4. RogueLapras

Yeah I really like the show. It's pretty cool to see real-life versions of the Disney characters I grew up watching. Prince Eric would be ok too. I agree with you: Ursula would be a great addition to the villain side.

5. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I have a sneaking suspicion that the writers of UOAT will make Regina also be Ursula like how Rumplestiltskin was also Belle's Beast from Beauty and the Beast.

6. RogueLapras

Ugh... I hope not. You may be right though.

7. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I don't know why, but it just seems like that's what's gonna happen. I'll be fine with it, though. :)

THREE HOURS UNTIL THE TWO HOUR SEASON PREMIER. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

8. RogueLapras

Only because I would like Ursula to be an evil addition to the show. I really like Regina, but I think Ursula would bring more to the show then to have Regina represent her in a backstory with Ariel. Like Mr. Gold and Beast: I really do like what they done with that combo, but I don't know if it'll be the same with Regina/Ursula. I guess we'll see next season though.

Too bad I won't get to see the next season until it comes out on dvd next year :(

9. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Sorry you have to wait. :( It especially sucks because the season premier which ended forty minutes ago was so, so good.

10. RogueLapras

It's alright... and thanks for rubbing it in :p

I'm sure it was really good. Most of the episodes don't have downtime like other shows. OUAT is definitely one of my favorite shows right now. I can't wait to see what happens and how they save Henry.

11. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I'm curious on how Storybrooke is doing without the 'Six Legends' (Emma, Snow, Charming, Regina, Rumple, and Hook)? When the show left Storybrooke in the second season finale, Rumple left Belle in charge of town. (Who else really could be in charge? Blue Fairy? Leroy?) Now that we're diving into the third season and none of town has been shown, I'm curious as to how they're handling the absence. Are they in chaos because all of their leaders are gone? Are they facing an enemy of their own? Ughhh.

12. crobatman

crobatman Well-Known Member

I want them to show what is happening in Storybrooke too. I am such a tv-holic. I watch all these different shows in the fall.

13. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

So, an interview with the writers of the show took place about a week or so ago and stated that Storybrooke will not be featured for a while; however, they said that they will keep Belle around. How they plan to keep Belle in the show in the present without Storybrooke baffles me, but that's okay because I'll love whatever they do. I always do!

14. Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum Well-Known Member

I wonder how the spin off 'Once Upon a Time In Wonderland' will turn out since it premieres tonight.

15. RogueLapras

I watched the sneak peak of Once Upon A Time In Wonderland. It was ok. It's basically the same thing, but I don't think the characters will be a memorable. I figured there will be cross-over episodes. I'll probably watch the series though.

16. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

Has anybody noticed how BAD some of the green screening is on the show? Tinkerbell flying in the last episode was downright embarrassing.

17. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

Graphics aside, the show in its entirety captivates me. The characters, the story, and everything else just all has me Hook'd.

18. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

I suppose you're enjoying the Emma/Neal/Hook triangle then, aren't you?

19. Mitzi

Mitzi L'Etat c'est moi

I've just gotten into the show, and I was pleasantly surprised by how well the actors and the storyline were. My favorite character thus far has to be Regina. The sassiest/most sarcastic character is always the best character, no questions asked. I've also taken a liking to shipping of RumBelle (Rumple and Belle, obviously). Both of the characters are portrayed fantastically, and their chemistry is beautiful.

20. Schaden Freude

Schaden Freude Devotee

Not a big fan of the show but will admit that the introduction of Ariel has galvanised the plot slightly. I like it.