• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Once you finish your game, what do you do afterwards?

Red and Blue

After completing the regional Dex and side stories I come back to do battle facilities like the Chateau, Battle Tree, and Battle Tower. I like to experiment with different Pokemon outside my core team

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Now for another example. Why i consider Ultra Sun is not worthy a second replay not even close to 100%.

Ultra Necrozma
Totem Lurantis
Totem Ribombee/Kommo-O
I had to cheese through these last 2 battles with Toxic, Protect and Hyper Potion combo.
These few battles that are ridiculously tough if you are unprepared or underleveled.

Even worse approximately 30 moves are locked behind BP points and on several beaches. It can't be easily memorized and this is by far the most one of the worst games where you need a large ammount a unique currency. :mad:

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I kept all of my games except for LGPE mostly because they get dull after awhile although I should get a used copy of Eevee mostly to move Mew from my party to a Box in order to transfer it into Home. I had forgotten it was still in my party when I sold my game to GameStop.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
same. it was gen 6 for me though

when i was a little kid i would restart several times so all of my gen 3, gen 4, and gen 5 pokemon are gone. but i still have all of my pokemon from y - sword

Today I mostly replay games using emulators (gens1,2,4,5). A long time ago, during the DS-lifespan, I used an r4 for the Gen4 games, so I could just drop the 'done' savefiles into a folder on my pc and restart. But I stopped doing that once I got a 3DS.

Haven't restarted Sword yet (since I don't know how), but I might do that so I can get the other Urshifu, Regi and Steed. Can anybody give me a tip on how to do that?

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Today I mostly replay games using emulators (gens1,2,4,5). A long time ago, during the DS-lifespan, I used an r4 for the Gen4 games, so I could just drop the 'done' savefiles into a folder on my pc and restart. But I stopped doing that once I got a 3DS.

Haven't restarted Sword yet (since I don't know how), but I might do that so I can get the other Urshifu, Regi and Steed. Can anybody give me a tip on how to do that?
You can create a new user file on your Switch and use it for another save in Sword.

Pokefan_1987

You can create a new user file on your Switch and use it for another save in Sword.
Or use pokemon home/ save the most important ones from your save and transfer them back into your game.
Just give your trainer the exact same name as last files. Just remember very high level pokemon will have obedience issues.

But don't go into Isle of Armor too early. The first fight against Klara's Slowpoke battle after getting off the train starts at level 20.
Her final fight Slowbro is roughly level 34 in the with poison spikes on the terrain (Cheater)

The real reason why you don't want to go at a high level. Mustard will have a Kubfu that is the same as your own high level.
If you're at above level 50+ it will be difficult to get enough HP IV's on Kubfu to outlast him and manage to use Counter against Aerial Ace that he often uses.

Last edited:

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
I blow though the story on my first playthrough of the game, so I miss quite a lot. I usually only really explore once I become champion. I also breed my team for my second playthrough

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I tend to mostly do all the postgame side quests and try using different Pokémon. In my Alola games particularly, I often did a lot of GTS and Wonder Trade to get my hands on some cool Pokémon (some with hidden abilities or rare Poké Balls) and complete the Pokédex.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I always just restarted and made a new walkthrough. Never really cared about EV training and comleting pokdedex.
But in the Switch games I do that lolll

springtrap

Complete the pokedex and pick up all the items and talk to everyone then shiny hunt because I can’t stand when the game isn’t completed

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
I'm a battle facility kind of person. The exceptions are Let's Go and Legends, which don't really have such a concept, but they both make shiny hunting easier so I'm using them to get into that for a while. Sword and Shield were a lot less exciting to me after finishing specifically because their Battle Tower is just not really on par with those from other generations and games; I'm hoping that Scarlet and Violet have a good postgame battle facility like other regions have had. The Sinnoh Battle Tower is the perfect model for a basic battle facility, the bare bones to make it good and enjoyable; the gold standard is, of course, the Battle Frontier.

Lately I've specifically gotten into the idea of challenging postgame battle facilities not with a team perfectly calibrated for maximum chances of victory, but with my own personal favorites and themed teams, for some extra spice to the challenge.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Depends on the game.

Complete the post-game quests. For new games, complete pokedex, then build the best team I can.

If I'm replaying an old game, usually I just leave it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I usually do the post game stuff, but after that, I don't really touch the game unless I like it enough. But, I did Ultra Wormhole shiny hunt in Ultra Moon way after I beat the post game. But, it's rare I do that. I feel there's much less to do in the newer Pokemon games after you beat them tbh...

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
For my Gen 1 and Gen 2 games, I just let them sit on the cart. My Yellow cartridge still had a good battery when I found it 20 years later, so it had my Game Shark’s Mew and 999 Master Balls.

For Gen 3-7, I do as much of the post-game that interests me. Then I push all of my party Pokémon and Legendaries/Mythicals into Bank and then clear the save file so my kids can play them. And yes, that sometimes means doing the painful cross-generation transfer options.

For Gen 8, I move all of my Pokémon into Home. However, I haven’t cleared my SW/SH save files because Raid Dens and Dynamax Adventures provide some ongoing adventures after I complete all of the storylines. I also have save files on two Switches, so I always have another human partner for Raid Dens if I need one.

Ryker101

Do most the postgame then ditch if I’m on emulator, if it’s a nuzlocke I stop after the league anyway

For actual ones I sometimes try to complete the pokedex or battle ppl online

Pokefan_1987

Note to self. I have no intention of replaying Brilliant Diamond or Legends Arceus on new files. Brilliant Diamond has several difficulty spikes.

A lot of stuff in Legend Arceus is really tedious including finding right spots. Tracking the wisps and fighting Volo and Giratina all over again.
I'm even avoiding the Arceus fight just because of how difficult he's supposed to be.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
For me, it depends on what my options are. In the case of SwSh, there was little to do that interested me (and quite frankly, little to do overall). As such, what wound up happening was I simply stopped playing.