• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Crackling Fit of Jealousy: Yamper's Fantasy (1118)

ShadowForce720

This was such an adorable episode, I loved it. Pidove was so cute and I wish Ash's Pidove was treated this way. The Cerise family is so wholesome and I love their dynamic. Most of the time shows show siblings annoying each other constantly but Chloe and Parker enjoy each others company. The ending where Chloe and her mom talk about how cool her dad is was so sweet. Family dynamics are a fairly new thing to the show since they started with SM, but this family is already becoming one of my favorites.

What I also enjoyed from this episode is that it shows that Chloe is capable of carrying an episode on her own in the future. Ash and Goh were barely here and I was fine with that. I did laugh at the irony that Dragonite was the one able to calm down Sobble while Scyther was about to filet it.

Ash is always so supportive of Chloe and Yamper, I hope we can get an episode with just those guys with Ash. For the most part she brushes Ash off but I think it's because she wasn't able to relate to his love of Pokémon. Thanks to Pidove and Yamper in this episode, I think she got a little bit closer.

The one thing. The one thing that annoyed me. After Chloe and Yamper defeated Fearow, Goh had the audacity to want/try to catch it. Boy, Freeze Dry, this was not your episode. It's the same when Ash's Dragonite was putting in the most work in the Golurk raid and then Goh just tosses his ball at it first. Goh's lack of consideration for others is irritating at times and played off for laughs.

Golurk was literally falling to it’s death and all Ash did was yell it’s name while Go threw the ball that catch Golurk to save it and even apologized for cutting in front, heck Ash wasn’t even mad at that Go caught Golurk.

Honestly in regards to Go trying to catch Fearow I don’t see what the big deal it as it was more of a gag scene.

On top of that Chloe had plenty of time to catch Fearow if she wanted it however it was pretty clear that when Fearow was getting up and starting to get away that Chloe wasn’t interested to catch it.

So to try and act like Go was trying to steal Fearow from Chloe when it was pretty clear that Chloe had no interest in Fearow and was only battling to defend Pidove is ridiculous.

And on top of that Go didn’t even catch Fearow it got away and was treated more as a gag scene.

Look I can understand not liking Go or hating, him he has and flaws and there are valid criticisms.

But that doesn’t mean you should go around twisting to fit this whole narrative that somehow Go isn’t considerate to others at all.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Golurk was literally falling to it’s death and all Ash did was yell it’s name while Go threw the ball that catch Golurk to save it and even apologized for cutting in front, heck Ash wasn’t even mad at that Go caught Golurk.

Of course Ash wasn't mad, he's no longer the type to mad like that. That's fine. Those are valid points, I had forgotten Golurk began sinking.

Honestly in regards to Go trying to catch Fearow I don’t see what the big deal it as it was more of a gag scene.

On top of that Chloe had plenty of time to catch Fearow if she wanted it however it was pretty clear that when Fearow was getting up and starting to get away that Chloe wasn’t interested to catch it.

So to try and act like Go was trying to steal Fearow from Chloe when it was pretty clear that Chloe had no interest in Fearow and was only battling to defend Pidove is ridiculous.

And on top of that Go didn’t even catch Fearow it got away and was treated more as a gag scene.

Look I can understand not liking Go or hating, him he has and flaws and there are valid criticisms.

But that doesn’t mean you should go around twisting to fit this whole narrative that somehow Go isn’t considerate to others at all.

I never stated that he tried to steal Chloe's "catch." We ALL know Chloe wasn't going to try to catch it, especially when she was still reconnecting with Yamper. My comment was directed in the fact that we didn't need Goh trying to catch Fearow in Chloe's moment. I even said it was played for laughs so I acknowledge it was meant to be a gag. It does not mean I have to like the gag. I would have been upset if Ash tried to catch it as well. Chloe barely gets screen time, the boys can take the back seat in her episode.

Don't tell me Goh doesn't have moments of being inconsiderate. Galarian Fartfetch'd showed up and instigated Pikachu to battle, what does Goh do? He butts in, "No, leave it to me." Throws his Poké Ball and he gets smacked in the face. Then he brings out Farfetch'd and gets creamed in the process. Then after Ash catches the thing, Goh gets visibly upset, "It's not fair for you guys to get all the cool parts!" As if he doesn't get to go on massive capture sprees every time he goes to a different region. From what Goh knows at this point, he has about 50 Pokémon, while Ash only has his Pokémon on hand.

Then, this lead into the next episode. As soon as they saw Sobble and start looking for it, Ash specifically asks Goh. "Goh. You gonna catch that Pokémon?" "Yeah the way it hides itself reminds me of Mew. I just gotta catch it, yeah?" So, at least Ash asked his friend first if he had intentions on catching it.

Goh also has a history of being inconsiderate of Raboot's feelings as we saw when Scorbunny evolved. Then he again was inconsiderate when he himself decided Raboot was better off without him without asking Raboot first. He's just lucky Raboot loves him or else he would have lost it.

Goh being inconsiderate towards others is even a plot point in episode 1, when they were kids. He just had to brag about all his knowledge that even Chloe told him that he won't have any friends.

While there are moments of him growing in this regard like when he helped Cubone, however it is still a major character flaw that comes off as annoying.

DuskAstral

Goh also has a history of being inconsiderate of Raboot's feelings as we saw when Scorbunny evolved. Then he again was inconsiderate when he himself decided Raboot was better off without him without asking Raboot first. He's just lucky Raboot loves him or else he would have lost it.
I just remembered the episode "Goodbye Pikachu" where Ash also wanted to leave Pikachu with the herd without asking his opinion

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This was a cute episode. I always enjoy SOL Pokémon, which despite this forum’s moaning, has shaped up to become one of the best aspects of the show. Koharu is a very intrinsically subtle character, which I find quite realistically likable. She isn’t blushing waifubait or an exaggeratedly aggressive tsundere, so it’s no surprise that anime fans don’t like her and pass easy judgement. I’m enjoying how gradual and natural Koharu’s development all feels; she isn’t in many episodes but the ones she is in serve a purpose and have a narrative flow. See how well women write women?

One question though: if Koharu started warming up to Yamper as a kid, why was she visibly cold to him until Episode 11? It might’ve been just a matter of her liking Yamper without being too affectionate but it still strikes me as a bit odd. Honestly though, it doesn’t really matter since their bond is clearly mutual now. Anyways, this was a relaxing breather and I love Koharu.

Her room is the best one in the whole series, btw.

Mew29240

One question though: if Koharu started warming up to Yamper as a kid, why was she visibly cold to him until Episode 11? It might’ve been just a matter of her liking Yamper without being too affectionate but it still strikes me as a bit odd.

It seems like it's just of those situations where someone doesn't realize that they're doing something until another points it out.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I guess her distancing from Yamper has to do with whatever made her change and grow distant from Pokémon. If I recall Goh did say she wasn't always like what she is today.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm always excited to see another Chloe episode

The way Yamper dragged Pidove made me wonder whether he forgot he's not a cat dragging a dead bird after killing it

Lisa Ortiz doesn't differentiate her Talia voice from her Korrina voice enough

During its time with their family, the only time Pidove left Yamper's back was when it went to Chloe's shoulder. It seemed like they had a good bond, alas it was not to be, it was like the Espurr, Flabébé, Tyrunt, or Squishy episodes of XY when Bonnie bonded with something only to be forced to say goodbye. Although, Chloe didn't seem to care at all at the end. Yamper did

When Professor Cerise started the story about Chloe's jealousy, I thought the jealousy was going to be jealousy Chloe had of Parker when he was first born, not Yamper LOL

In the flashback, Chloe's hair was "wild" just like in her mother's drawing in the present day

So I guess this was the first full filler episode
-goh caught nothing
-koharu didn't get pidove
-no pokemon learned new moves
-nobody participated in any competition
(Goh participated in magikarp jump competion in ep 26)

Not only is it a Chloe development and backstory episode as pointed out by pretty much everybody else, but also the events of this episode are referenced in the very next episode. I consider true fillers only if they're standalone.

That said, the Messon part of the episode felt very out of place and was a very blatant way to give Satoshi and Gou more screen-time.

Agreed. It was never referenced the rest of the episode. In fact, at the beginning of the episode when that scene happened, and the title was There's a New Kid in Town! i thought the episode would be able introducing Sobble to everyone lol

She's the girl next door.

Anyhow, this episode is canon.

??? Isn't every episode canon?

Also liked Dragonite giving Sobble an illegal hug.

?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I'm...not arguing this isn't canon? Please see what I'm replying to in that post.
I saw it.. do you mean it's not a filler? Fillers and canon have nothing to do with each other. Even every filler is still canon.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I saw it.. do you mean it's not a filler? Fillers and canon have nothing to do with each other. Even every filler is still canon.
Oh, for the love o-

Pepsi_Plunge said THIS

So we learned about Koharu's and Yamper's past and we are deeming this as a filler? Koharu is not a CotD.

So which I then said THIS

Anyhow, this episode is canon.

Filler episodes aren't canon. Otherwise, half of the filler in Naruto Shippuden would be canon, which I assure you many people certainly do not think as canon.

In this anime, for example, Goh's captures aren't filler, but the rest of the episodes where the plot is utterly disconnected from said parts can be deemed filler as it does not advance the main plots (Ash's PWC trials, Goh's search for Mew).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Oh, for the love o-

Pepsi_Plunge said THIS

So which I then said THIS

Filler episodes aren't canon. Otherwise, half of the filler in Naruto Shippuden would be canon, which I assure you many people certainly do not think as canon. Goh's captures aren't filler, but the rest of the episodes where the plot is utterly disconnected from said parts can be deemed filler.
Filler episodes are definitely canon in Pokémon lol.. I agree with you that in anime that are based on manga, then the filler episodes are not canon to the original manga. However, a filler episode in Pokémon is defined differently - the anime is not based on a manga, so filler is less obvious and is the source of much debates between fans. However, filler episodes are definitely canon because if those events are referenced later, it's something that actually happened. for example there was the duplica filler in Kanto - if you say that's not canon, it doesn't make sense because they later met her again in Johto

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
In what way does that one sample help move the main plot of the story, however? It's canon within its own filler part.
yeah I mean maybe you and I just have different definitions of canon. To me, canon just means it's something that officially happened in the official version of a form of media, officially released by the creator or the company that owns that franchise. The opposite of canon would be fanfiction. Hence why people have words like "fanon" and "headcanon" to describe things they know are not official. By saying that some filler is not canon, I was confused because I thought you meant it is just as unimportant as some random internet writer's fanfiction. I think I get now that you believe there's some middle ground where something can be not canon and also not pure fanfiction. I don't quite get this tbh as this is not really a definition of canon I've heard before, but I still think I get you now.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Episodes where a major event doesn't help are certainly part of the main story, wether we like it or not.

Are some big time-wasters? Maybe but they are still part of the overall narrative. If they don't add for the current plot threads at least they give more spotlight for the characters (specially if it's a focus episode)