• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Crackling Fit of Jealousy: Yamper's Fantasy (1118)

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
So I guess this was the first full filler episode
-goh caught nothing
-koharu didn't get pidove
-no pokemon learned new moves
-nobody participated in any competition
(Goh participated in magikarp jump competion in ep 26)
Character-based episodes where characters grow and we learn new information about them shouldn't be simply dismissed as fillers. That is so shallow.

Mew29240

-goh caught nothing

Learning some of a major (for this series) character backstory qualifies as filler more than a meaningless competition intended for humor?

-goh caught nothing
Yeah, we only got character development for Chloe and learned more of her and Yamper’s background. Totally a filler episode.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
-goh caught nothing

Koharu got development though lol
Definitely more essential viewing than those bland fillers episodes only 'saved' due to Goh catching something he'll never even use :rolleyes:

Yappy

Only appears occasionally
This episode was defiantly dialogue heavy, so it's hard to give opinions on what happened and the flashback with Koharu and Yamper until subs come out, I just know Yamper being jealous of Koharu being nice to Pidove makes sense as Koharu was very cold to Yamper, who wanted Koharu to appreciate and love it. But I need to wait for subtitles to fully confirm what actually happened, I also want to know what was Koharu said to make Sobble stop being invisible during the sequence which lead to flashback showing that Koharu and Yamper first didn't hit off well.

Ash's Dragonite calming Sobble down doesn't 'prove Ash is the better trainer for Sobble' all it did was show that Dragonite has the capabilities of relaxing anxious Pokémon with its hugs. Sobble is perfectly happy with Gou (Gou gave Sobble some confidence in the last episode) however it will take time for Sobble to get over being timid and overwhelmed in crowds. In fact a Pokémon of Ash helping a Pokémon of Gou's parallels how Ash often helps Gou, the former acting like a mentor to the latter, so if Ash had Sobble, then that comparison would have been completely lost.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ah the usual Pokemon episode which has nice character moments and development but is disregarded by the fandom coz its a *filler* and for them fillers are inherently bad. Tho Aside for Mr Pinsir guy im pleasantly surprised that everyone seems to be reacting pleasantly to this episode. Koharu is so well written, we need more great female characters written so wonderfully by female writers. Shes unique, new and even though shes a side character shes already better for me than some main cast female characters in the anime. Cant wait to see what they do with her next, loving the gradual character arc

wellwellwells

-goh caught nothing

Didn’t Yamper use a new move? I mean we knew it had Spark but this one was an electric range attack.

-goh caught nothing
But it seems to reveal backstory and probably affecting the future of Chloe/Koharu. I need translation about her conversation with her mom near the ending.

Anyone knows how many Chloe/Koharu focused episodes compared to SM companion?

Ultra Beast Lover

So, did either Yamper or Chloe come off as unsympathetic this episode? From the pictures it looked like Yamper was a little put off and got annoyed by Pidove clawing its back but otherwise it seemed pretty chill. Also, what was the flashback about? It looked cute.

Anyways, this technically isn't a filler episode. Again, filler episodes are when there's no capture/character debut/character return/backstory/new move/character development/plot progression or, in the special case of this series, the only thing that happens is Go catches a Pokemon that amounts to nothing. This had some Chloe backstory and is possibly leading into why she appears jaded by Pokemon.

Observer

Mostly watching
I haven't watched the episode yet, but I have to ask; is that really the same Ferrow that Ash hit with a rock from way back in season one like some of you have been saying or a random wild one?

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
This felt like a filler yet a decent episode. I enjoyed it. I wanted to see more of Koharu we got a lot of flashbacks on toddler Koharu. She's interesting. Yamper getting jealous was actually fun and cute, it worked out well at the end. That Pidove having a personality was a nice touch too.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I am betting that Chloe is jaded by Pokémon due to either her father screwing up her relationship with her and Pokémon(Think Dawn's Plusle and Minun incident, but bad parenting/abuse/"research" gone dear Arceus no), or that she's secretly really good at training, and feels that it is too easy.

I am betting on it being Professor Cerise's fault.

Guy just reads negligent/abusive father/secret villain.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I’ll just point this out: I think Sobble making everyone cry will be a running gag for a while.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was relieved that Koharu didn't keep Mamepato since it wouldn't have done her character any good. I know that we already knew it had a trainer, but there were still some doubts in the back of my head that made me worry that Mamepato's owner would leave Mamepato with Koharu's family. That said, the Messon part of the episode felt very out of place and was a very blatant way to give Satoshi and Gou more screen-time.

nuzamaki90

The best part about this episode was being relieved that Go didn’t try to “steal” a potential catch from Koharu with Fearow like he did with Ash before, only to prove me wrong and try to catch it mere seconds later. The mad lad.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I’ll just point this out: I think Sobble making everyone cry will be a running gag for a while.
Nah really? I couldn't have guessed :rolleyes:

Tho if anything this little scene with Sobble does give me the indication that it's going to grow beyond that eventually.

It doesn't really have a choice at this point. If not for Sobble's own development, then it'll be for the sake of every Pokémon at the Lab. Scyther was getting ready to seriously harm it had not Dragonite intervened lol.

I also think that the purpose of this scene was to tell us that Sobble is not going to be left at the Lab to rot with all of the rest of Gou's Pokemon. This episode literally proves that Sobble can't be alone without Ash and Gou's supervision lol

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Didn’t Yamper use a new move? I mean we knew it had Spark but this one was an electric range attack.
He used Spark.

I haven't watched the episode yet, but I have to ask; is that really the same Ferrow that Ash hit with a rock from way back in season one like some of you have been saying or a random wild one?
There is absolutely nothing indicating that the Onidrill here was anything more than a random wild Pokémon.