• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One for the Goomy! (859)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Dedenne Does Its Best! All for Goomy!!

While heading to Coumarine City, Ash & co. take a break for their Pokémon to relax. While there, Ash introduces his Pokémon to Goomy, but Goomy gets rather nervous, and when Dedenne approaches to help calm it, it gets even more frightened due to its Fairy-type. Soon after, Team Rocket show up and manage to grab all the Pokémon, and in doing so cause the Lombre in the area to get riled up and start attacking everyone, causing everyone to be separated from eachother. Can they find one another and will Goomy overcome its fears?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. standing by a river, looking at the water.

Pikachu and Dedenne jump into the water.

Then, Ash, Serene and Clemont send out all of their Pokemon.

Ash introduces Goomy to the rest of the groups Pokemon.

Hawlucha raises his arms/wings and Goomy gets a bit scared.

Goomy hides behind someone/a Pokemon from being so frightened.

Dedenne is featured on the title card.

Pikachu, Chespin and Pancham are swimming in the water.

Suddenly, something is flying above all Pikahcu.

Four ropes go into the water and then a net comes from the ropes.

The net brings up all of the Pokemon in the water.

It is Team Rocket trying to steal the tweps Pokemon.

Pikachu, Chespin and Pancham are on land.

James brings Inkay out and then Inkay attacks Pikachu.

Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to counter.

Chespin attacks with Pin Missile and Jessie sends Wobbuffet to counter with Mirror Coat.

The fighting causes some Lotad and Lomre in the river to be disturbed.

The Pokemon use Bubble and Energy Ball to attack Ash and co.

The Pokemon in the net end up being freed when the net breaks.

Meowth falls from the Hot Air Balloon.

Ash and co., as well as Meowth all get lost and separated.

Goomy is on Pancham as Pancham runs away.

Serena, Bonnie and Dedenne are also with Pancham and Goomy.

Ash and Clemont are with the other Pokemon.

Ash and Clemont recall there Pokemon, but Fennekin is also with those two and Pikachu.

Bonnie's group comes across Meowth as they try to find the others.

Meowth acts nice towards Serena, Bonnie and the Pokemon with them.

Bonnie isn't buying Meowth, or she just doesn't care about him.

As Bonnie's group is walking, Meowth spots James's Inkay nearby.

Inkay then retreats back to James, to tell James about where Meowth is.

Jessie, James and their Pokemon then come across Bonnie's group.

Dare Da? Dedenne.

James's Inkay and Jessie's Pumpkaboo battle Dedenne and Serena's Pancham.

Serena's Pancham does uses Stone Edge.

Serena and Bonnie end up sending Team Rocket blasting off.

Serene and Bonnie then notices that Goomy has crawled away somewhere.

Dedenne finds where Gooy is hiding and goes inside a very small cave to get Goomy back.

Goomy is now with Team Rocket.

Fletchinder is flying across the sky and spots Bonnie's group.

Ash's group reunites with Bonnie's group and Serena is happy to have Fennekin back.

Ash wants to know where Goomy is.

Team Rocket still have Goomy and James uses a gadget to look at what Goomy's final evolved form is.

Jessie tries to put some ring around Goomy, to trap it, but it runs off.

Jessies commands Pumpkaboo to use Shadow Ball on Goomy.

Goomy doesn't seem affected, so James explains to Jessie the reason why.

Goomy uses Rain Dance on Jessie.

Jessie and James try to attack Goomy with their Pokemon, but Dedenne blocks the attacks.

Eventually, Goomy ends up protecting Dedenne and then uses Rain Dance again.

Ash and co. then comes across Team Rocket, Goomy and Dedenne.

Bunnelby uses Mud Shot to attack one of Team Rocket's Pokemon.

Pancham then attacks the other one.

Ash then gets Pikachu to use Thunderbolt to blast Team Rocket off again.

After all that, Goomy seems to be happy with Dedenne, enough to bite on one of its ears.

Dedenne then rubs cheeks with Goomy and end up electrocuting the Dragon Pokemon.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Obscurites

That Yancham's pillars move name is revealed to be Stone Edge.
Also, Yancham's new move shown is Tsuppari (Arm Thrust).

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Who now can stand against the undefeated streak of Bonnie and Dedenne? There are none who can!

Didn't really think that I would enjoy this separation episode but I did. As the title says it does focus on Dedenne and Goomy and by the end of the episode Goomy overcomes its fears and become friends with the little dormouse. What was unexpected here was Serena's battling against TR, and battling well until it got confused by Inkay's attacks. It seems this episode is fond of callbacks for it once again references communication between electric types and that is how Pikachu tries to track down Dedenne. I also like how Goomy chews on the ears on Pokemon it is fond of like Pancham and then of course Goomy.

Fun episode, Bonnie has a promising future as a trainer and her double battle with Serena was just splendid. Strange story progression, though it may have worked here as it allowed Serena and Bonnie to do battle, though TR getting BTFO three times in a single episode strains the nerves.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
Serana's first time blasting of TR was nice to see. And is was pretty cool to see Bonnie command Dedenne. They are definitely growing. But my favourite moment was when Goomy and Dedenne have become best friends. They look so cute together ^^

phanpycross

God-king
Kinda split on this episode, on one hand it has scenes I have been waiting a while for, like Serena blasting off TR, and Bonnie fighting with Dedenne. The issue is that our characters are so far beyond TR in terms of power level that all suspense is lost from the start, and they dont have either the personality of OS, AG, or DP, or as cool as they were in BW.

I also really disliked that they essentially rehashed the pangoro episode into this one, and how the characters were so gullible towards meowth, since he has already betrayed them several times in XY.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
Glad to see Serena be able to hold her own in battle, and seeing Bonnie battling with Dedenne was freaking sweet. And of course, the continued development of Goomy and its interactions with others (especially when it was hugging Dedenne at the end) - those are freaking cute like always :D

TR getting rekt'd not once, not twice, but three times in a single episode was just.....lol. I absolute hate to say things like this, but their antics are starting to get old and them taking an early retirement doesn't sound like a bad option at this point.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket was annoying as usual in this episode. Loved seeing Serena and Bonnie in a double battle against Team Rocket, with Serena blasting them off. Pancham was great in this episode and Dedenne finally did something for once. Goomy was hilarious.
7/10

DotKU

Champion
This was a good episode. I'm liking Pancham more and more as episodes go by. I felt bad for Goomy and I'm really curious about his past.

shac

This episode was actually better than i was expecting it to be. Lot of interaction among the groups pokemon. And Serena battled with Dedenne. It was pretty cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm cackling @ Pancham revealing Arm Thrust here, yet Dedenne didn't get any new moves. I liked the Pokemon interactions, the wild Lotad and Lombre, Jessie stepping on Goomy, and Dedenne waking up to find Goomy staring at him.

Rohanator

I'm cackling @ Pancham revealing Arm Thrust here, yet Dedenne didn't get any new moves. I liked the Pokemon interactions, the wild Lotad and Lombre, Jessie stepping on Goomy, and Dedenne waking up to find Goomy staring at him.
Pancham used it in its capture episode, it was just named for the first time here, like Stone Edge.

I must say, this was a fantastic episode. Dedenne got quite some development and that slime-blob was cute as usual. From that flashback that Goomy had while they were battling, I must say that it has seen some serious sh*t xD

They are really developing Goomy a lot. I guess this is to compensate the quick evolution to Sliggoo.

K.N.

Highlight of the episode was seeing Serena and Bonnie battling TRio. Of course, that just makes them look even more pathetic as if that were even possible.

Other than that pretty routine episode.

XXD17

Draco rex
Why did James look up Goodra?

I think he was just looking up to see if goomy was any good and if they should waste the time to steal it...

I just really liked pancham here...the way it keeps a spare leaf in its fur and the how it freaked out when goomy was on it head (while everyone else ignored how it was freaking out)...these little details were nice...what I didn't like was the "nick of time" arrival of the gang when goomy was standing up for dedenne...I was kind hoping that either goomy would use bide again and blast off TR or learn a new move (dragon breath? It's not even that powerful)...but alas they has to bring in pikachu to do that...

p96822

Evolve me please
Kinda split on this episode, on one hand it has scenes I have been waiting a while for, like Serena blasting off TR, and Bonnie fighting with Dedenne. The issue is that our characters are so far beyond TR in terms of power level that all suspense is lost from the start, and they dont have either the personality of OS, AG, or DP, or as cool as they were in BW.

I also really disliked that they essentially rehashed the pangoro episode into this one, and how the characters were so gullible towards meowth, since he has already betrayed them several times in XY.

Bonnie didn't trust Meowth so it not them being gullable this time

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review -

Pros:

* Poke-expressions: Hawlucha's bravado intro, Pancham's face when Goomy was sucking on his glasses

* XY maintains intraseason continuity (though it needs interseason continuity) with the Dedenne/Pikachu electrical connection

* Goomy's brief Vietnam PTSD flashback

Cons:

* It was a filler, but it wasn't good either

* Not one, not two, but three Team Rocket fights - can't these writers make a filler without having to use these guys?

* Bonnie and Serena teaming up was okay, but considering how much TR is a joke this season, I was surprised that Serena/Pancham actually struggled and needed Bonnie/Dedenne to enter the fray

* Oh another Meowth joins the group, but betrays them and leads them back to TR - as if I haven't seen that before...

Thoughts/Cons:

* Once again, an instance where the episode could easily have been rewritten to have some Serena/Clemont interactions by having them get separated together - but nope

* Goomy's PTSD better be explored. If XY Ash is being compared to DP Ash, then he should help Goomy get past his troubles in future episodes like how DP Ash bonded with his Pokemon. It would be disappointing if it just ended in this episode.

* Dedenne gets another focus episode. Meanwhile, Luxray and Bunnelby are just rotting in their Pokeballs.

3/10

Last edited: