• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One for the Goomy! (859)

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Great to see someone take the spotlight in the title card, even if it's Bonnie (when it should have been Dedenne like in Japan). I'm guessing TPCi doesn't really care about that eye catcher.

Other than that, Team Rocket, Bonnie/Dedenne and Serena were all great. A lot of killer action, and along with Goomy getting more development.

DatsRight

Interesting this was about the only dub episode that didn't genericify the title card to Ash in the US. Though other regions like the UK, where it's the exact same dub, did do it. This leaves me curious as to how the TV edits go about this. I suppose we may see what's going on should the dub get a DVD release.

Concerning the fight I'm mixed about it. While it was nice Dedenne got to be formidable, I wish it wasn't another case where Serena was completely useless fighting until someone intervened and gave her the full upper hand. Oh sure, you really shown them, Serena. :p

Last edited:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This was a pretty good episode, your standard Forest Grumps-esque episode they love to trot out now and then with the twerps and Team Rocket splitting up and mixing together. My favorite parts were Meowth translating for Pancham and Serena being glad to know what the pokemon are saying, Goomy bonding with Dedenne finally, and Inkay spotting Meowth and running right back to let Jessie and James know, that was cute. I wish we could have had more with the lotad and lombre, love those guys. Oh yeah, and about time we had someone besides Ash read the title again. I think the last time was Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine seven years before.

7/10

Alloutℯ

Banned
Having Pikachu and Dedenne use their electricity to home in on each other was a surprisingly clever idea, until they blew it by having Bonnie and Serena listen to Meowth's bull instead of letting Dedenne do its thing.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The river scene was cool and I didn't expect to see a Team Rocket trap there. Pancham carrying Goomy on his head was cute hee hee and I loved how Dedenne and Goomy suddenly became best friends here. :D

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yawn, this was such a bland episode. Like, I get that it's purpose was to let Dedenne and Goomy bond a bit, but separation episodes never interest me since they're always the same. :/

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Am watching this episode right now on Disney XD. In a rather odd move, the dub title card was changed to show Ash (in Cartoon Network airing it showed Bonnie) Bonnie still read the title "One for the Goomy"

Leonhart

Imagineer
Numera's ongoing fear of Dedenne was cute since it was all due to Dedenne being half Fary-type. It's quite ironic that Numera and Dedenne were finally able to become friends in this episode due to one of the Rocket-dan's theft attempts.

I thought that this episode was pretty decent. I didn't expect that Team Rocket would attack that early in the episode. I liked that Serena and Bonnie had more bonding time together. Meowth trying to trick them into believing that he would get them back to the others, while Bonnie didn't believe him at least at first was kind of funny.