• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One in a Million (Hoennshipping)

Kana

kisses
You guys are making a lot of assumptions, aren't ya? XD Well...it's not going to be that simple...muahahaha...< - - - Is being like an evil authoress. XD

G

gonbemaster

Uh...What are you going to do to them? Don't hurt them!

Kana

kisses
I didn't say I'd hurt them, I meant, I'm going to-*covers mouth* No spoilers! Unless you really insist...muahahaha...< - - - Is hyper. Must be that cake. XD

Ice-Phoenix-chan

gone with the wind~
I never said it was an assumption (my life motto right now is don't assume something that isn't prooven to be the truth ^^;; ) It's just an idea. Oh no! complicated stories! *dies* I see the many cliffhangers that are ahead...

G

gonbemaster

You don't have to give us any spoilers. Just let the suspension build.

Kana

kisses
All right, then. Just sit tight...I'm having a semi-block on the next chapter...sort of. But! I have a brain, and I shall use it! ^_^

K

Kamairie

Well, may I ask if you are going to write that song or are you gonna find some random song which has the same meaning?

'Cause if you're gonna write it, I can help you. ^^ You see, when I was waiting for my dad for three hours outside my friend's house, I was thinking up some lyrics to a song which should be called 'One in a Million'. XD So I wanna share my ideas!

Sequoia

i think this is a great fic too...but update a bit more...you're keeping me waaaay too excited..worst thing is, i might be thinking of all these fics, and not concentrate properly in class...bah=.=

Kana

kisses
I'm sorry everyone. ^^; The next chapter is partially finished, but it's way too short, in my opinion. >_<

Kamairie - Sure! Just tell me...maybe in PM.

Thanks everyone! If I PM you, Kamairie, it's because I need help. ^^;

E

*Eastwinds*

Great chapter Cherry Grove!Keep up the good work!^^Me no find any mistakes.:)

G

gonbemaster

Wow, you really should update. It's been two months. Wow, not being mean, but you should update.

Kana

kisses
Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in updating, I was busy and it was sort of a challenge to finish it at a good length. So be warned of this…I’m not sure if this is the best chapter I’ve written, but I didn’t want to delay it any longer…^^;

Just to warn you, don’t expect this chapter to be long…*hides*

Key:

“Talking”
Thoughts
“Pokemon language”
“*Pokemon language translated*”

Diclaimer: I don't own Pokemon. Kamairie owns the idea and the title, and I...well, own the story. @_@

Chapter 1
One in a Million

- - -

Brendan walked quietly down Slateport Beach while humming the tune of his favorite song, “Pure Verdanturf”. The salty scent of the ocean, carried by the light breezes, filled the air, and gentle waves softly splashed against the shore. The sun’s rays shined down onto his bare arms and made the ocean alongside him glitter.

The song, “Pure Verdanturf” had a soothing quality to it, and it made him calm and collected almost instantly upon hearing it. The young man felt that the melody depicted a peaceful feeling, which was exactly like Verdanturf Town itself. The sweet fragrance of grass filled the air upon entering the small village, and wildflowers bloomed beautifully in the incredibly clean environment. The sky above the tiny town was a bright blue, and most of the time, a cloud was never in sight. Unlike Fallabor Town and its volcanic ash environment, the wind never carried ash in the direction of Verdanturf Town, therefore making the town a very clean place, even for frail and sickly people.

The song itself was written by a famous composer, Wally of Petalburg City. Wally had moved to Verdanturf Town years before when he was still a young boy. He was born weak and frail himself, so his parents had him live with his cousin Wanda in Verdanturf Town. They had heard of its clean environment, and hoped that it would improve the boy’s health a little.

Wally was far too weak to go outside for a period of time, so he spent hours working on musical pieces. He wrote three of them at a young age: “Pure Verdanturf”, “Dive Deep”, and “Lilycove Waltz”. His music didn’t get out to the public until his fourteenth birthday though. Wally was sixteen now, so he hadn’t really been a composer for that long.

Thinking of his old friend, Brendan decided to head for Lilycove City, where Wally now lived. The once frail boy had grown to be a healthy young man, although he still could get very sick easily if he wasn’t careful. Brendan hadn’t seen Wally for a long time, and the sea route between Slateport City and Lilycove City wasn’t very far apart. He decided to board the new ferry, which Captain Stern and his assistants had recently finished making. Brendan stopped his humming and began jogging towards Slateport Dock.

- - -

Rays of afternoon sunshine were cast upon the polished wooden floor of a neat workroom. A small wooden desk was against the wall, and a shiny azure table lamp sat on top of it. A thin pile of papers were also put neatly in the corner of the small table, along with a container holding many pencils. Two small shelves were placed along the adjacent wall, full of books and pictures in frames. The silhouette of a young man holding a sheet of paper was also visible.

The teen had lime-green colored hair which was slightly messy and bright, emerald green irises. He wore a white button-down long-sleeved shirt and dark blue sweatpants. Orange and white sneakers were on his feet, and a proud smile was on his face. His eyes were focused on the paper he held in front of him admiringly.

From what anyone living in Lilycove City could tell, this was Wally Wood, one of the most famous music composers in all of Hoenn. Once being a weak boy in his childhood, Wally wrote mostly peaceful music, songs that expressed his wishes of becoming strong and independent.

The paper Wally held in his hand contained the lyrics and music to his newest song, called, “Make a Wish”. For the first time ever, he had written words to the music, which further expressed the true meaning of the song. The young teenager was pleased because of the depth the words held, so he called upon a famous singer to sing the song. That singer happened to be May Maple, also from Petalburg City like Wally was.

The green-haired teen grinned at his work and set the paper down on a shelf. Mom and Dad will be so proud of me when they hear his new song! Wally thought happily. I can’t wait until this makes it to the stage with May!

Wally walked over to the door of his room and opened it. It creaked, and he stepped softly into the hall.

“Wally, lunch is prepared,” a feminine voice told him. He looked up to see Nikki, one of his employees. She had on a straight face, and her blonde hair was in a low ponytail.

“In a moment, Nikki,” Wally answered. The young girl nodded, and went away from her boss. The green-haired teen closed his eyes and thought about how excited his entire family would be when they heard about his song. I’ll be famous,he thought to himself. Well, even more famous. This will be great…

He got up. “Get the dishes ready!” he shouted, and began walking towards the dining room of the building.

- - -

Brendan climbed aboard the ferry and found himself a seat. He gazed out the window and thought about how his old friends were doing. He hadn’t communicated with any of them in a long time, and he was starting to miss them a lot. “Maybe I should call Wally,” he mumbled to himself. But then he thought about it again. “…Or maybe not. It would be better to surprise him…”

He grabbed a Poke Ball from his belt and pushed the button in between the red part and the white part. A small, cute mud fish appeared. It had dark eyes, a blue body, an orange fin on the top of its head, and two other orange fins on each of its cheeks. “Mudkip!” the Pokemon cried.

Brendan smiled. “You’re going to see Ralts again really soon,” he told it. “We’re going to visit Wally.”

The mud fish Pokemon squealed in delight. “Mudkip! Mud!” it said happily. “*Really? That’s great!*”

The white-haired teen nodded. “You’re excited, aren’t ya?” he asked, stroking his Pokemon’s head. Mudkip nodded eagerly. “*I can’t wait to see Ralts!*” it squeaked.

Brendan grinned. He heard the low honk of the ferry horn, and he felt the ship begin to move.

Mudkip cocked its head. “*Why haven’t you talked to Wally in a while?*” it asked curiously. “*I haven’t seen him or Ralts ever since you two separated after he became a composer.*”

Brendan shrugged. “Huh, I really don’t know,” he mumbled. “We just somehow lost contact with each other.”

Mudkip rolled its eyes and looked out the window. The ferry was moving steadily across the water, and it clapped its fins together excitedly.

“*I wish I could jump in the water right now!*” the Pokemon exclaimed, climbing onto the table. It pressed its face onto the window and Brendan looked out with it.

“You’d probably get crushed,” the teen remarked, making Mudkip scowl. “This ferry—what was it called again? The S.S Tidal? Well, anyways…it took so long to build; it wasn’t finished until after the previous Hoenn League, so it must be pretty fast.” He smirked at his Pokemon. “Watch your thoughts…”

“*Just…*” the mud fish Pokemon began, and then gave a second thought. “*Just…be quiet, Brendan!*” it shouted, leaning in towards its trainer.

Brendan raised his eyebrows. “Just warning you…” he snickered, averting his gaze from the vast ocean.

At this, Mudkip got the urge to spray water in the teen’s face and teach him a lesson to never mess with Pokemon. It glared fiercely at Brendan.

“*Gah…*” it muttered under its breath, gazing out at the ocean again. “*He has even more power over me than I do over him…*”

Brendan heard his Pokemon, but he didn't reply. "Obviously..." he said to himself with a small smile.

- - -

A young brunette teen by the name of May Maple paced around in her room slowly. She was wearing a short yellow skirt, a white tee-shirt, and black boots. An orange bandanna was around her head, and her mouth was in a thin, firm line.

“Oh, what am I supposed to do now?” the young girl murmured, putting her hands behind her back. She glared up at the ceiling. “I thought Marina was supposed to call by now!”

She slumped into an armchair nearby and sighed. “What the heck is taking her so long?!”

Marina Venovia happened to be May’s manager. She managed all the songs the young star sang and controlled the composers she bought music from. To May, she was almost like a “friend” or a mother.

“Gah!” May got up furiously and picked up the receiver of her phone. “Might as well call Wally…” she murmured, dialing a few numbers.

- - -

“Wally, someone’s here to visit you,” Nikki called from the doorway of the room.

The green haired teen nodded and replied, “Coming.” He tucked a sheet of music into his pants pocket and went out of his office to greet his visitor. The phone suddenly began to ring, and he attempted to go back and answer the call, but Nikki cut him off.

“Wally!” she yelled. “This person says he knows you and would like to see you!”

The teen bit his lip, but then decided that he could call back later. He rushed out the door and stopped short when he caught sight of his visitor.

Wally was shocked to see a white-haired boy with a green and white headband on, a black and orange collared tee-shirt, black double-layered pants with the ends zipped off, and red, green, and black colored sneakers.

“Brendan…!”

- - -

Meanwhile, May had desperately been trying to call Wally, but there was no answer.

“Oh, it’s no use,” she murmured bitterly, hanging up. She stood up and stretched. “Might as well go take a walk…”

She opened the door of her room and stepped out. “Maybe I should take a swim…” she mused, opening a coat hanging closet and pulling out her swimsuit. She walked into the bathroom and began to change.

- - -

“Gee, Brendan, I haven’t seen you in forever!” Wally exclaimed, hugging his friend. “Where have you been?”

The two friends were greeting each other in the hallway, while Ralts and Mudkip were happily reuniting. They let out occasional cries of joy while they played with each other.

The white-haired boy shrugged. “Meh, I’ve been so bored…” he sighed, sitting down in a nearby chair. “Nothing much has happened since I last saw you. What have you been doing?” He smiled.

Wally blushed. “The usual,” he replied simply. “You know, writing songs, composing music…that kind of stuff.”

Brendan nodded. “I see,” he murmured. “Have you visited your relatives lately?”

“Oh, you mean Wanda and her family?” the green-haired boy asked. “I just saw them last week. They seemed pretty happy, actually.” He took a mug from the table and took a sip of water.

“What about Wanda’s boyfriend?” the white-haired teen asked. “Did they ever…um, well, you know. Did they?”

Wally shook his head. “They are, though, this week,” he answered plainly. “I’m going. Wanda’s held up for way too long, though…”

Brendan rolled his eyes. “Whatever you say,” he murmured, standing up. “I think I need some fresh air. Wanna go for a walk?”

Wally nodded. “Sure!” he replied, standing up. He walked over to the front door and opened it. The cool breeze blew in, making his hair ruffle. “Let’s go take a walk around town.” He stepped outside.

“Okay,” his friend agreed, following him.

- - -

May stepped softly into the cool blue ocean in her bare feet. She held her breath and plunged into the water. The sensation of the water made her body tingle and she swam effortlessly. She heard the muffled cries of Goldeen and Chinchou next to her.

The brunette touched the sandy ground below her and felt around. She kicked and let her head above the surface of the waves. She stood up and walked towards the shore, sighing as she did.

May shielded her eyes from the blinding sun. She was dripping with water and she sat down on the warm sand.

Hugging her knees, she began to think.

Why doesn’t anyone want to be my friend? Why can’t I have at least ONE good friend who stays true to me? Am I too low for friends? Why am I asking myself about problems I can’t even solve?

She looked up at the sky. If I can’t solve them…then who can?

She stood up and began walking towards the main part of Lilycove. No one can. I guess I’ll be stuck like this forever.

The brunette looked down and took a second thought. I can’t, she decided. And I won’t.

Her eyes gleamed with hope.

“Wally…”

Last edited:
R

Rukario-san

This fic is really good, Cherri and Kamarie! I like that you can see what is going to happen next, but not know how it will work out. By the way, Cherri, are you a MangaQuest Shipper or is Quest Shipping a whole new ship?

G

gonbemaster

OMG! I love this chappie! ....I'm speechless...I'm sorry I've been bugging you about the first chapter. I've been eager, but it was worth the wait. I'm sorry. I'll wait next time. That was awesome! Poor May...I feel sorry for her. I hope she gets a good friend. Sorry again.

Kana

kisses
...Huh? I didn't think you'd like it...^^;

Meh, I was just running out of ideas, and the chapter was on a long hiatus...so sorry about that.

Might as well put the category on my first post...

Kanta-chan

*can't breath again* OMG!!!! *gasp* Poor May! She doesn't have any freinds. But yesh, she wants to see Wally does she? DOES SHE?! *grabs you and acts crazy* THAT MEAN'S SHE'LL MEET BRENDAN!!!! *jumping to conclusions*

That was a good chapter! Lotsa description! ^_^ Update soon-ish will ya? ^^