• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!! (941)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!!

As Lumiose City is being rebuilt following Team Flare's antics, Serena decides to organise a Pokémon Showcase to cheer up the residents of the city. While doing the Showcase, she starts to feel something when she sees the joy she brings to the residents. Undecided on what to do next, with Ash returning to the Kanto Region, she soon inexplicably finds herself in a battle against Ash. Will she be able to defeat her friend and what will she decide to do next?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
So I hear that Serena has rejected Yashio's offer. Good. If Serena leaves, I always wanted her to strike her on her own and not depend on others.

Janovy

Banned
Yashio is sending her to Hoenn LOL

Xuxuba

I didn't get if she was going as a performer or if she was going to become a coordinator. She did mention contests though.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Are you kidding me? The battle was interrupted again thanks to Serena?!

Oh, and apparently she's gonna try contests in Hoenn. At least, that's what I interpreted...

If Serena wins, Ash is accused of being weak or letting Serena win. If Ash wins, Serena is accused of being weak and Ash is too OP. You can't win either way with a battle between those two.

WAIT HOENN-SENPAI

Now let's wait for the XYZ special where Serena meets Lisia and Wallace and while doing a contest spectacular meets May and spots Steven in the audience

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I didn't get if she was going as a performer or if she was going to become a coordinator. She did mention contests though.

Rejected Palermo but Palermo said she should go to Hoenn and do contests, which she agreed with.

Which is just...ugh. 1st year doing nothing, 2nd year doing contests in a poorly written arc and now contests? I was honestly disappointed with how the episode turned out.

Also props to the person that called it that the hand grabbing was simply for Ash to drag Serena to the battle. xD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Basically Serena threw away her main goal. But I'm glad she's going to Hoenn to do Contests.

NitroLightningFlash

I don't get it...is Serena still striving to become Kalos Queen and just doing Contests to get more experience to help her achieve her goal? Or is Contests the new thing with her now? So confused >.<;

Janovy

Banned
I think Serena's goal has become 'to make people smile'. So I assume whatever she does next will be for that purpose lol

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't get it...is Serena still striving to become Kalos Queen and just doing Contests to get more experience to help her achieve her goal? Or is Contests the new thing with her now? So confused >.<;

That's what bad writing will do :/ I didn't expect her to change her goal like that.

I'll deffo have to watch the subbed version to fully understand the dialogue.

I think Serena's goal has become 'to make people smile'. So I assume whatever she does next will be for that purpose lol

Did she say this somewhere? I've always thought she took to performing because she liked the sound of them/Shauna inspired her. I mean the Skiddo episode with her mum to resolve that dream sort of confirmed it for me.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Serena in going to do contests in Hoenn. Actually happy with this because I always felt she could be a brilliant coordinator if she pursued contests. In my fanfictions that I'm currently working on, I also made Serena pursue contests(albeit traveling with Ash).