• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Last Battle with Ash! Serena's Choice!! (941)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
As per usual, any battle with Serena is a hyped flop.

I'm glad their shunting her away to revive Contests of all things but that should have been her goal from the very beginning.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Serena is going to Hoenn. Well, at least it is not the death trap of Johto where time takes forever and nothing gets done to quote a famous site.

Contests? As someone who thinks Showcases are superior to the inconsistent judging and the ability to KO (Heck, Ash could be the Top Coordinator) that plunged Contests, they should have just brought Contests for Kalos so people could stop whining about Serena can't battle. Not that it really matters for the character or story.

Serena is definitely my favorite Poke-girl but unfortunately, this career decision is a symbol of her writing. They had a great character with potential but they mismanaged several aspects either of incompetence or they just wanted to hype bait because it is easier than writing a progression of a relationship.

Grace x Meyer, FTW.

Personally, since Amourshipping is not going to happen (seems strange that Serena wouldn't take a chance considering she might not see him again. It is not like they attend high school together), I wish they just let Serena stay in Kalos and hint at GeekchicShipping or FatchanceShipping.

I was hoping for a Braixen/Greninja moment. Alas.

And of course, Alain had to show up. Ugh.

As for the battle between Ash and Serena, we got the best outcome. Braixen showed that she could take a hit and Serena grew as a trainer. If Pikachu lost, the moaning would be loud. Honestly, I did not care if Pikachu won or lost. Ash lost the League and S&M looks like a reset.

Red and Blue

I'm just happy Braixen didn't evolve.

Kind of had a feeling Serena was going to pick a third option

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Serena is going to Hoenn to participate in Contests? o_O I suppose she could learn a lot from them and apply what she learns to her Performances, but that was definitely not something I expected. Well, at least she is not being sent to Johto Purgatory.

I do like that Palermo said she is Serena's fan. I feel she legitimately wants Serena to do her best and succeed.

For once, Team Rocket did not ruin an episode by trying to steal Pikachu! I am so relieved I could just cry. Even if it was just because she couldn't help herself, the fact that Jessie joined Serena and Shauna's Showcase was actually very lovely; she actually contributed to it, rather than trying to completely take over. And it was cute how she had Gourgeist use Leech Seed to lift those little kids up in the air.

Anyone else notice Greninja and Ash dancing in perfect sync - right down to the awkward pose? :D (Sawyer, why are you taking notes on Clemont's failed attempts at dancing with Noivern?) But I think the funniest part was Alain's reaction when Mairin asked him to dance - and the awkward look on his face when he was dancing.

It was nice to see Ash and Serena spend some time alone together, especially since he was the one who invited her to hang out. Not only that, but he pointed out a cute outfit in a storefront. That was unexpected. And then he noticed she was feeling down, even though she wasn't making it too obvious. Bravo, Ash Ketchum. You're finally starting to grow up. :p

It was very nice touch that the battlefield Ash chose was the same one where he battled Clemont for the first time. It's as though he wanted to form a special memory with Serena there, as well.

As for the battle itself... I actually like how it started out. Even though Serena has been watching Ash's battles all this time, she immediately realized there is a stark difference between watching someone battle and actually battling them yourself.

DatsRight

For once, Team Rocket did not ruin an episode by trying to steal Pikachu! I am so relieved I could just cry. Even if it was just because she couldn't help herself, the fact that Jessie joined Serena and Shauna's Showcase was actually very lovely; she actually contributed to it, rather than trying to completely take over. And it was cute how she had Gourgeist use Leech Seed to lift those little kids up in the air.

I do like that, after spending most of XYZ stuck in monotonous formula, they are at least bowing out the TRio with some good moments (Now if we can get one last moment for James and Inkay this series....). XY really went with the whole 'badass at being good' shtick with them, something I hope they continue with in Sun/Moon.

Also loved the fanboy for Musavi that almost replicated James' level of audience shrieking. Oh yes, Jessilie, you don't have to worry about being popular. XD

Anyone else notice Greninja and Ash dancing in perfect sync - right down to the awkward pose? :D (Sawyer, why are you taking notes on Clemont's failed attempts at dancing with Noivern?) But I think the funniest part was Alain's reaction when Mairin asked him to dance - and the awkward look on his face when he was dancing.

Yay, Greninja got to do something funny at last (why try formalities, he's a FROG NINJA WITH A TONGUE SCARF). XD

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
Ash mentioned Greninja during battle with Serena btw, does anyone know the context for that?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Poor Serena. She will get slaughtered once she realizes she has to fight in Contests.

...Or she'll call off the battle.

Bye bye, Scottie Shota Sawyer. I expected more tears from you. Where was he headed to? And why was there a shot of the LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK?

Poor Serena. She will get slaughtered once she realizes she has to fight in Contests.

...Or she'll call off the battle.

Bye bye, Scottie Shota Sawyer. I expected more tears from you. Where was he headed to? And why was there a shot of the LEGENDARY GIANT ROCK?

Ok so I haven't seen this ep yet...

Wtf why even is the rock there. I thought that plot was over.

But you know what I'm confused about?

Where did Steven go? We assume he went back to Hoenn, but we didn't even see it? Why?

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
lol, and people laughed at those of us who thought Serena would end up doing contests
That should have been her goal from the start really....... hopefully she meets Lissia in her special.

Thank Arceus Braixen didn't evolve

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings
Ash mentioned Greninja during battle with Serena btw, does anyone know the context for that?

Satoshi: "Wow Serena, you are really impressive! You have Pokemons that have strong connections with you LUL like Braxine, Sylveon and Pancham. I had a time with the frog when I was lost and didn't know what to do, but then I remembered I can't do anything by myself and I always had my Pokemons to support me. I will always be cheering you on, Serena!"

He said he was going to the FlareHQ with Steven and help him research the underlining cause of the event, as Steven suspects that it isn't over yet and wants to take safe measures because Steven saw the scans for XYZ46 and knows it isn't over. He also said he got the keystone from Steven, and wants to repay him by helping him out.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Satoshi: "Wow Serena, you are really impressive! You have Pokemons that have strong connections with you LUL like Braxine, Sylveon and Pancham. I had a time with the frog when I was lost and didn't know what to do, but then I remembered I can't do anything by myself and I always had my Pokemons to support me. I will always be cheering you on, Serena!"

He said he was going to the FlareHQ with Steven and help him research the underlining cause of the event, as Steven suspects that it isn't over yet and wants to take safe measures because Steven saw the scans for XYZ46 and knows it isn't over. He also said he got the keystone from Steven, and wants to repay him by helping him out.

...You're making up all of this, aren't you.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
So is Serena's ultimate goal still Showcases, or did she switch to the ambiguous "I want to make people happy"?

Janovy

Banned
So is Serena's ultimate goal still Showcases, or did she switch to the ambiguous "I want to make people happy"?
It's probably still showcases. She'll just study Contests as a way to learn more.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really enjoyed this episode a lot!

Meyer x Grace please. A big happy family. I have a feeling like they were talking about Bonnie and Serena's sister-like relationship.

Jessie participating in the impromptu showcase performance was a really neat touch, and how she got along with Serena and Shauna. I felt character development from her and it was nice.

This is what I was hoping for for a really long time! I always speculated that if there was a filler arc in Hoenn, Serena could have tried out contests in order to help her in her Performer role and that is what is happening. It is a shame that this will all happen off-screen now but maybe we will get a special dedicated to that. Who knows, maybe May could become her "mentor."

I also did like how Ash wasn't completely dense to Serena's feelings of uncertainty. From what I can infer, he thanked her for snapping him out of it during the whole Greninja arc.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Meyer x Grace please. A big happy family. I have a feeling like they were talking about Bonnie and Serena's sister-like relationship.

Meyer informed Grace that the Showcase was Serena's idea - which Grace was surprised to hear - and he told her what a wonderful daughter she has. Speaking of which, I do like that Grace was genuinely surprised at how much Serena has changed, and that she said she will always support her. That mother-daughter moment between them was really sweet.

Me before hearing this: *calm, in bed, casually checking the forum*

Me after hearing this: *sit up abruptly* *proceeds to have 25 seizures at once* ITS NOT OVER *melts in the corner*

^^^that by the way was also my reaction to finding out Daigo was coming back in XYZ41

So this means that whatever the heck is going on in XYZ46, Shota and Daigo will still be doing something? YASS

No wonder Daigo is back for the rock tho