• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Man Army - Rate My Single Pokemon

Dark Side4

Hey, just starting a thread to get people to post there best or favorite "one man army" that they use no matter the situation. For me it has to be Umbreon. He has always been my favorite, and no matter what the battle is I always bring him. So here he is...

;197;
Umbreon w/leftovers
Impish nature
252def/252s.def/6hp
Faint Attack
Toxic
Curse
Moonlight

hp-330
attack-148
defense-350(max)
s.attack-150
s.def-350
speed-162

Please rate/edit/attack him as much as you want, but I'm sure I will have a good reason for everything I have done with this Umbreon, so please try me and post some better options for him, but I'm pretty sure none exist.

Also, please give your favorite and it's stats/moveset, and I will try to make it better, I bet I can!

stevendat

Wandering Demon
Mine is my blaziken. 301 hp, 314 atk, 174 def, 215 sp atk, 155, sp def, 277 spd (I don't go for max iv's), ability is speed boost, Jolly nature, Attacks are Hi jump kick and Flare blitz for powerful stab attacks, rock slide for flying types and other types that don't resist it and for double battles (it's does decent damage to everyone that don't resist it), last move is protect for speed boost ( if I had working wi-fi to get it) and if I want to use surf and keep it out on the field without taking damage. Rock slide wold have been thunder punch but i don't have a second ds to transfer over the blaziken that does have it. I like like thunder punch over rock slide cause it hits both flying and water for massive damage (two of blazikens main weaknesses).

I always use my modest Rotom with Discharge, Shadow Ball, Substitute, and whatever form-specific move it has. I know it's not the best moveset, but it's EV trained, and it does pretty well since I don't generally battle those Smogon expert people. I should definitely replace Substitute with something else though.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
my favourite one man pokemon are tyranitar and jirachi. tyranitar can use a choice scarf set to rip through heaps of pokemon and jirachi also has countless sets to use.

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
Sceptile @Petaya Berry

Unburden

Modest

EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk./252 Spd.

Substitute
Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast/HP Ice

Sub until Petaya Berry activates and Unburden takes effect. Then Leaf Storm the life out of everything. Anything which resists it will just be pelted by something else for major damage. And Sceptile will almost outspeed everything. One man army, meet one man Mordor.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I have a similar Umbreon, except for Payback and Wish instead of Faint Attack and Moonlight.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Hypno
Substitute, Psychic, Seismic Toss, Rest
Max stats

Nobody expected it.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I have two one man armies at my disposal

Giratina Altered form
Leftovers

Aura sphere complement the below move for perfect coverage
Shadow ball complement the above move for perfect coverage
Calm mind for offensive and special defense
Substitute for defense and calm mind set up

Victini
Wide lens

Focus Blast Accuracy hits 84.7 with Victory Star and Wide Lens
Thunder Accuracy hits 84.7 with Victory Star and Wide Lens
Searing Shot Good Stab option
Psyshock For Chansey, Blissy, and other special walls

Garchomp is my team player with Tyranitar for support

Garchomp
Yache Berry or Focus Sash

Sword Dance boost attack to 788 after one use, after three use it's 1576
Fire Fang for type coverage and has good power afer sword dance
Dragon Claw dragon stab move for taking down other dragons
Earthquake ground stab move for taking down everything that is neutral

Tyranitar
Leftovers or Choice Band

Earthquake ground move for taking down everything that is weak or resits other moves
Rock slide Reliable rock stab that flinches slow pokemon
Crunch dark stab for psychic and ghost types or damages pokemon that resists other moves
Ice Fang anti dragon/grass/ground/flying move

GrassTypes.

Emboar@Leftovers
Blaze
Lonely 252 Atk/196 HP/56 Speed
-Flare Blitz
-Head Smash
-Wild Charge
-Hammer Arm

Yeah lots of recoil,I go through a lot of Full Restore's in-game.

zerofield

i miss miror
@darkside4 is there a reason you run faint attack over payback on a curse set? What with evasion clause you shouldn't even need the no miss effect lul

Also you should be running Max HP and sdef instead of Max defense. You have curse to post defense and HP is just so much more important for a wall... lol.

The rest looks fine (smirk)

Last edited:

Dark Side4

@darkside4 is there a reason you run faint attack over payback on a curse set? What with evasion clause you shouldn't even need the no miss effect lul

Also you should be running Max HP and sdef instead of Max defense. You have curse to post defense and HP is just so much more important for a wall... lol.

The rest looks fine (smirk)

Couple things though man. I only play on Pokemon battle revolution wifi, and there are no clauses or restrictions on that, and so there are double teamers, so I would definitely choose faint attack over payback because of the accuracy and more pp.

Also, I have tried many combinations of Umbreons, 12 to be exact, and the one I have chosen is perfect because of how I fight on Pokemon battle revolution. Most attacks that are used against Umbreon are in fact physical, more specifically they are physical fighting skills. I got high defense so even if I do take a hit without any curses up, I won't take too much that I can be finished off the next turn. I got high special defense to ward off any other attacks, most of which are neutral towards Umbreon, so I can wall those rather easily. The only problem I face is against a yanmega, who is bug special attack, but that is why I have a honchkrow, weavile, and houndoom on my team to counter.

Also, the hp or defenses thing is kind of preferential, and I just like having higher defense than hp, because it really doesn't make much of a difference.

I' not disagreeing with you or anything, it's just I don't fight the way a lot of people do, and the people on pokemon battle revolution "aren't as kind" with their clauses and restrictions, so I just have to watch out for everything, that's why I have my Umbreon the way I do, but I appreciate the comment.

yanmegy423

Litwick-KAWAIIDESU!
Volcarona: Quiver Dance x 6 + Flamethrower + Bug Buzz + Psychic = pwn the elite four