1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

One move that will change everything

Discussion in 'Older Gens' started by Ilan, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilan

Ilan Well-Known Member

Did you once saw a pokemon which you though it should have a move but it doesn't have it so it can be much better competitively JUST one move to make the difference between bad and good.

Like we all say "Give flareon Flare Blitz!"

so which move (that exists...) can make a bad pokemon a really good one?

Also don't mention quiver dance on stuff like gardevoir cause gardevoir is far from being a butterfly, something that they can use somehow.

2. Eliteknight

Eliteknight S.L.Y.

well flaer blitz would allow flareon to have a stab fire type move that actually can do a decent chunk of damaage

3. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

Flareon would need V-Create / Earthquake / Close Combat / Thunderbolt / Hydro Pump / Shell Smash to have any reasonable chance of making OU. Its just outclassed by other Pokemon even with Flare Blitz (or even V-create).

Give Regirock Recover.

4. More likely Regirock should get an ability akin to Regenerator, by it does need a phazing move (Circle Throw, or whatever it's called)

5. Kalslaffin

Kalslaffin Herping the Durp

Well things that come to mind would be the move Recover on Pokemon like Registeel and Dusclops, a reliable recovery move for some of the effective walls that don't have that would be a big upgrade for them. Also if Heracross and other sweeping threats lacking priority got a priority move, like Mach punch or Extreame speed, would be a big help for them.

Probably the biggest one I could think of is if Lapras got shell smash, with its massive hp and above average move pool, Lapras would be hard to stop. Lapras could utilize an effective mix set, consisting of waterfall, ice beam, thunderbolt, and shell smash. Or you could run it on a drizzle team, run hydration, and replace one of the attacking moves with rest.

6. Novan_Hero

Novan_Hero omnomnomnom

Bronzong/Bronzor and Ferroseed/Ferrothron should both get Rapid Spin, for Effs sake, Ferroseed's 5th gen animation is of him Spinning and so Forretress can retire to the lower tiers :J. But other than making Good Pokemon Better, tbh if like Samurott, Torterra and Blastoise (only Pokes, that come to mind XD starters, anyone?) got Shell Smash. It would be pretty funny getting swept by a Torterra XD.

7. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison Excellent Driver

Regirock needs a way of recovering. It would probably be able to make it out of NU if GF just gave it recover. And I agree with N_H, why the **** can't ferrothorn learn rapid spin?
    As for me...
    I honestly wish cacturne got some way of dealing with fighting types, like psycut. That's pretty baised (I love cacturne), but it already has a decent physical movepool, and I'd like to see it move out of NU.

8. Barbeller

Barbeller Scatter Brained

^Ferroseed would learn RS, but it would be basically the same.

Anyway, if Excadrill had learn Stone Edge, I'm pretty sure it would have gone to ubers sooner, and the metagame as it is would be more developed.

9. Ice Blue Dragon

Ice Blue Dragon I belive I can fly!

If durant had better physical moves such as earthquake, it might make it out of RU.

10. RedTroopa

RedTroopa Flame Trainer

While not really a move, if one of the really low rapid spinners like delibird got scrappy as an ability to prevent being spin-blocked, it would move up a bit

11. bugcatchersdream

bugcatchersdream is not a moron

Give all the Regis recover. They all would benefit from it.

12. Asbestospoison

Asbestospoison Excellent Driver

True, but regirock is the most noteworthy, due to it's amazing defenses and good attack, and regice is weak to stealth rock, among other things. Although regice has Ice Body as it's DW ability, which would definitely make it more noteworthy. Too bad it isn't released yet.
    Also, if Hariyama could learn sucker punch, I imagine it could do so much better.

13. Ísjaki

Ísjaki Flood Of Red

blissey with final gambit would be a lolzfest

14. irock245

irock245 She wants it

Shuckle with either shell smash, refresh, or recover. Seriously, if it got shell smash, with contrary it would be a boss. Not enough to be OU but still.

15. Conkeldurr with Elemental Punches (in particular Ice Punch. Problem Gliscor?)
    Golurk with Elemental Punches (again, Ice Punch)
    Zekrom with Earthquake (seriously, the heaviest Unova poke can't use EQ?)
    Druddigon with Elemental Punches
    Meinshao with Ice Punch

And so forth.

16. Shiny Zek

Shiny Zek Triforce of Wisdom

Delibird with Judgement.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to use THAT!

17. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

Hoping that was sarcasm, but wouldn't Shell Smash halve it's Offensive and speed stats while raising it's defensive stats 1 stage?

Wouldn't Curse or Stockpile be better for that?

18. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

Though curse doesn't touch it's special defense, and stockpile can only get to +3.

19. MetalFlygon08

MetalFlygon08 Haters Gonna Hate

yes, but how many Shuckle can actually hang out long enough to get more than 2 stat boosts?

What with it's low HP and what not.

20. Shiny Zek

Shiny Zek Triforce of Wisdom

Is that a joke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.