• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One move that will change everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
DD Garchomp Fire Punch or Ice Punch as an Egg move for Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu. It'll make all for of them more useful in their respective tiers.

Also, isn't there a rule against bumping non-active threads?

Yeah, and technically you aren't supposed to post in a thread a month old or older. However, the Comp. section is based on the competitive metagame, which is always changing and might warrant new discussion. That said, I personally usually set the limit at 3 months unless there's a significant change in the metagame that might spark new interest in a thread. This was technically bumped in just under three, and I guess there could be some new move discussion with the BW2 changes, specifically the move tutors, so I'll allow it.

Chidori__O

DD Garchomp Fire Punch or Ice Punch as an Egg move for Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu. It'll make all for of them more useful in their respective tiers.

how would Ice Punch or Fire Punch be more useful? W/ Nasty Plot and Lightningrod, special Pikachu and Raichu far outclass physical ones. Really, all it needs is Surf w/ both NP and Lightningrod, and it'll be a lot better. And Pichu is awful.

Klaus™

Banned

0.o typo! and a miscount. shame shame chidori

hmm...escavalier really needs steel coverage, and gf had an excellent opportunity to do just that in drill run. :/ guess not.

o.o just saw gyara got thunder/bolt and fire blast and flamethrower......i smell specsgyara on the loose!

o.o just saw gyara got thunder/bolt and fire blast and flamethrower......i smell specsgyara on the loose!

considering its had those moves since RB... And then, it even had a useable Base 100 Special stat!

Chidori__O

0.o typo! and a miscount. shame shame chidori

hmm...escavalier really needs steel coverage, and gf had an excellent opportunity to do just that in drill run. :/ guess not.

I just battled a guy with it LOL.

I was thinking it would get Solar Beam but it doesn't...

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yeah, and technically you aren't supposed to post in a thread a month old or older. However, the Comp. section is based on the competitive metagame, which is always changing and might warrant new discussion. That said, I personally usually set the limit at 3 months unless there's a significant change in the metagame that might spark new interest in a thread. This was technically bumped in just under three, and I guess there could be some new move discussion with the BW2 changes, specifically the move tutors, so I'll allow it.
However there is this thread which has this thread's purpose as well. Don't mean to mini-mod, just saying. I already got an infraction by you once and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...

TT__TT

Cofagrigus with Volt Switch?

Ilan

considering its had those moves since RB... And then, it even had a useable Base 100 Special stat!

gyarados have base 60 sp.attack.. you probably saw his sp.defense which is indeed base 100.
Well if Ferrothorn had rapid spin it would be easier to spin hazards.
And if another bulky pokemon with recovery gets it is would be even better, since no pokemon with reliable recovery and enough bulk gets rapid spin (tentacruel is a close one but no recovery outside of rain dish).

ParaChomp

be your own guru
how about a Ghost-type U-turn/Volt Switch instead?
Give Slacking a bit of slack...ugh...I meant to do that? That works too and sounds totally plausible.

gyarados have base 60 sp.attack.. you probably saw his sp.defense which is indeed base 100.
And if another bulky pokemon with recovery gets it is would be even better, since no pokemon with reliable recovery and enough bulk gets rapid spin (tentacruel is a close one but no recovery outside of rain dish).

uh, no, I meant 100 Special. Look at its Red/Blue stats, and you'll see what I meant.

@ ParaChomp plus other stuff like Giratina and Gengar would benefit immensely from a ghost type U-turn/Volt Switch.

Lanik

It's good to see this thread again.

I'd like to see Volcarona and Yanmega use energy ball. The other special-orientated bug pokes can use it, so why can't Volcarona and Yanmega?

It's good to see this thread again.

I'd like to see Volcarona and Yanmega use energy ball. The other special-orientated bug pokes can use it, so why can't Volcarona and Yanmega?

because Giga Drain is learnable by both of them, and outclasses Energy Ball in any possible situation.

Ilan

uh, no, I meant 100 Special. Look at its Red/Blue stats, and you'll see what I meant.

@ ParaChomp plus other stuff like Giratina and Gengar would benefit immensely from a ghost type U-turn/Volt Switch.

Oh right you said RB I though you misspelled RS (Most people call gen 1 RGBY).

Well the best one would be gengar as he is the fastest one maybe mismagious with volt switch would be great,the problem with most ghost type is that most of them are kinda slow.

Soperman

The One and Only
That would be a waste of a move-slot imo. It has so many other moves to choose from already, why give another one it doesn't really need?

TurboMechaElgyem

Delibird with scrappy (it gets rapid spin). That would shoot little santa bird to at least UU.

Yanmega with focus blast, quick guard, and wide guard.

Sigilyph with the last two.

Oh right you said RB I though you misspelled RS (Most people call gen 1 RGBY).

Well the best one would be gengar as he is the fastest one maybe mismagious with volt switch would be great,the problem with most ghost type is that most of them are kinda slow.

but the slower ones tend to be quite bulky, so it allows you to keep the momentum by having a slow Ghost typed Volt Switch/U-turn.

However there is this thread which has this thread's purpose as well. Don't mean to mini-mod, just saying. I already got an infraction by you once and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet...

TT__TT

Cofagrigus with Volt Switch?

No, you're right. That thread pretty much covers everything this thread would and more.

I'll go ahead and close this. Please feel free to continue your conversations in the Create/Change Anything Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.