• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One move that will change everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I think Arceus is really bad. If only he got quiver dance and some remotely useful special moves, he could be ok. In all seriousness, I think that Durant should get Earthquake. Pretty much every other pokemon on earth does. Oh, and fire fang.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
blissey with final gambit would be a lolzfest

I hate hacking, but I might hack just to get this.

Sceptile with Contrary. That would be sooooo much better than Serperior with it.

irock245

She wants it
^Why does espeon need heal bell when it has magic bounce. Heal bell is useless if the opponent doesn't have toxic spikes, cuz that's the only way to status espeon ( i think)

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
But Heal Bell cures the rest of the Team. So if they phazed out Espeon with Dragon Tail, Toxic Spikes would still spread around.

Though Umbreon or Vaporeon could use the combo better since spikes can actually be set-up on them.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
idk i think the pledge moves could get a wider distribution besides just the starters.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
If Kingler had Aqua Jet or Waterfall, I think would become a bigger threat.

Blastoise, Samurott, Kabutops or Metapod with Shell Smash would be cool.

Magikarp with V-Create

Ilan

If Kingler had Aqua Jet or Waterfall, I think would become a bigger threat.

Blastoise, Samurott, Kabutops or Metapod with Shell Smash would be cool.

Metapod with shell smash.. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo it's too much epic... NO

kingler got crab hammer it is a bit stronger than waterfall.. kingler isn't used for it's speed..

Stoutland and zekrom not getting earthquake is just weird they both should have had it and they don't they are pretty big and at least bigger than an antilon (Tranpich) and it would make them much more used stoutland's main problem is steels although skarmory doesn't make too much of a threat with wild charge (it 3HKO-2HKO ( 46%-54% impish 252/252) sure 2HKO with stealth rock) it needs a way hitting steels.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
Haze on Victini, after the use of Vcreate haze would be pretty good.
shaymin with Calm mind, i thought it did learn it but it doesn't.

Zachmac

Though haze would be too tricky to set up.

That would be just a gimmick. Though I guess Shaymin could make good use of calm mind.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Nah, Trick Room's the way to go.

Stoutland and zekrom not getting earthquake is just weird they both should have had it and they don't they are pretty big and at least bigger than an antilon (Tranpich) and it would make them much more used stoutland's main problem is steels although skarmory doesn't make too much of a threat with wild charge (it 3HKO-2HKO ( 46%-54% impish 252/252) sure 2HKO with stealth rock) it needs a way hitting steels.

To be fair, a lot of Pokemon get Earthquake that make no sense..

Mankey, Chansey, Pineco, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Mantyke, Spheal.. Archen?

Vandslaux

To be fair, a lot of Pokemon get Earthquake that make no sense..

Mankey, Chansey, Pineco, Shuckle, Teddiursa, Mantyke, Spheal.. Archen?

I'm looking at you, Sandile, learning EQ by level up. Though I guess that's just a STAB move GF probably just threw on there for a high level.

Eaglehawk

Banned
I really think that giving Samurott Shell Smash and Close Combat would make it a powerful UU threat.

Just by looking at its stats, you can already see that it makes a great mixed sweeper with 100 Att and 108 SpAtt. It's just brought down by its horrible speed. Shell Smash would remedy that greatly. Shell Smash allows it to completely KO the unboosted metagame as well as some 100 Scarfers. A set of Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Megahorn can take out a lot of UU's prominent threats, such as Mew, Weavile, Arcanine, Shaymin, and Roserade, the fact that it can utilize both Hydro Pump and Waterfall to break a majority of UU walls.

Now the next thing is Close Combat. I mean, he's a samurai, right?
Close Combat gives him the crucial coverage he needs to succeed. While Water/Bug is fine coverage in UU, Steel-types still plague him, due to their high defense, and dish heavy damage out on him. By having Close Combat, this becomes a non-problem. Things that would usually switch in on him, Empoleon, Cobalion, and Escavalier, all can heavily dent him with Grass Knot (80 BP), Close Combat, and Megahorn, respectively. Close Combat makes this a non-issue, as +2 CC always KOs Emp and Cobe, while Escavalier is KOed 73% of the time.

GF is so stupid for not giving Blastoise, Shell Smash. Also the Legendary Birds, especially Zapdos IMO should of got Hurricane. When I first saw the 2 moves, Sacred Sword, and Secret Sword, I thought right from the glance that Gallade would get them both, but he didn't. Seismitoad should of gotten some physical water attacks to be at a better rate.

PokeMaster366

I really think that giving Samurott Shell Smash and Close Combat would make it a powerful UU threat.

Just by looking at its stats, you can already see that it makes a great mixed sweeper with 100 Att and 108 SpAtt. It's just brought down by its horrible speed. Shell Smash would remedy that greatly. Shell Smash allows it to completely KO the unboosted metagame as well as some 100 Scarfers. A set of Waterfall/Hydro Pump/Megahorn can take out a lot of UU's prominent threats, such as Mew, Weavile, Arcanine, Shaymin, and Roserade, the fact that it can utilize both Hydro Pump and Waterfall to break a majority of UU walls.

Now the next thing is Close Combat. I mean, he's a samurai, right?
Close Combat gives him the crucial coverage he needs to succeed. While Water/Bug is fine coverage in UU, Steel-types still plague him, due to their high defense, and dish heavy damage out on him. By having Close Combat, this becomes a non-problem. Things that would usually switch in on him, Empoleon, Cobalion, and Escavalier, all can heavily dent him with Grass Knot (80 BP), Close Combat, and Megahorn, respectively. Close Combat makes this a non-issue, as +2 CC always KOs Emp and Cobe, while Escavalier is KOed 73% of the time.

If he got Shell Smash alone, Samurott would get a hype-induced megabump to OU or the BL between that and UU.

To the guy who was talking about how Shell Smash works: Shell Smash decreases your defenses by 2 stages, not 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.