• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One move that will change everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

When I first saw the 2 moves, Sacred Sword, and Secret Sword, I thought right from the glance that Gallade would get them both, but he didn't.
Eh, it likes drain punch better anyway.

Besides, those attacks are signature moves for legendary pokemon, so I don't think something else will get them so easily.
Seismitoad should of gotten some physical water attacks to be at a better rate.
It doesn't have waterfall or anything? Anyway, it what specific move would help it? I can't think of any moves that would bring it up a tier.

Until Gastrodon / Swampert / Quagsire / Whiscash die off Seismitoad will be NU. Its just not good at anything the rest of them are.

Then again Poison Touch is kind of cool. Maybe Waterfall / Earthquake / Drain Punch / .. Rock Slide.. it doesn't even get Stone Edge..

Seismitoad is the only Water/Ground type with Swift Swim, so I guess that's worth something. Even then, its offensive stats are pretty average and its movepool is disappointing.

Vandslaux

Trick would be godly on Espeon, because then it could run a decent Specs set.

RedTroopa

Flame Trainer
if just about anything that has super power got close combat instead, they'd be much better sweepers

Also, Shell Smash: decreases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by one level, but increases the user's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by two levels each

Imagine Shell Smash Samurott. Decent defensive stats mean it can take a hit while Smashing, then dominate the opponent with Hydro Pump/Megahorn/Ice Beam off of great mixed attacking stats.

252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Hydro Pump vs Specially Defensive Jirachi: 81.19% - 95.79%
52 Attack +2 Life Orb Megahorn vs 252 HP Tyranitar: 107.92% - 127.23%
252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Ice Beam vs 252/168 Ferrothorn: 51.42% - 60.51%

A few of the calcs against a few of OU's bulky Pokemon.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Imagine Shell Smash Samurott. Decent defensive stats mean it can take a hit while Smashing, then dominate the opponent with Hydro Pump/Megahorn/Ice Beam off of great mixed attacking stats.

252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Hydro Pump vs Specially Defensive Jirachi: 81.19% - 95.79%
52 Attack +2 Life Orb Megahorn vs 252 HP Tyranitar: 107.92% - 127.23%
252 Special Attack +2 Life Orb Ice Beam vs 252/168 Ferrothorn: 51.42% - 60.51%

A few of the calcs against a few of OU's bulky Pokemon.

That's epic. I hope GF releases Shell Smash as a tutor move and gives it to to ferrothorn, since he kinda has a shell.

Aurath8

That's epic. I hope GF releases Shell Smash as a tutor move and gives it to to ferrothorn, since he kinda has a shell.

ShellSmash Ferro wouldn't work for three reasons.

1. It's too slow. Unless you get 2 Shell Smashes, Ferro's speed is still to low to outspeed much.
2. It's movepool sucks for a sweeper. Thanks to Shell Smashes speed boost you can't use Gyro Ball and apart from Bulldoze, you have horrible coverage outside your STABs.
3. Ferro just is not made for Shell Smash. It's got Defensive stats and it's the slowest thing in OU. It has a mediocre movepool at best and the whole Pokemon just screams 'Defend with me!'.

I do support Shell Smash Samurott though. Imagine +2 LO Hydro Pumps in Rain. The only things that can wall that effectively is Water Absorb Jellicent.

Status
Not open for further replies.