• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One of Many

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Well... here it is, finally!
Its really long...

Chapter Five: Gym Battle! Part Two

“Gravellar, use your Rollout Attack!” Jiroo yelled, his voice full of fresh determination and confidence.

“Gravlar!” Gravellar yelled in a rough voice. It curled into a ball and made a beeline for Rikelec. Tracey, on the other end of the rocky battlefield, had just lost every ounce of confidence he had. Tracey tried to think of Rikelec’s attacks, but his mind had numbed. Why did he have to freeze up now? He had just reviewed Rikelec’s attacks on the Pokedex. He flinched as he watched Rikelec hit back by Gravellar’s Rollout.

“Elike!” Rikelec cried out in pain.

“Tracey, are you all right? You look strange.” Jiroo commented. Tracey countered this comment by holding out a Poke Ball.

“Return, Rikelec!” Tracey commanded. Rikelec looked around at his trainer, holding out his Poke Ball. Rikelec shook its head, not wanting to give up for his coveted trainer, not for the world. Rikelec had grown to love Tracey in such a short time. Rikelec was hit again by Rollout, and he smashed into the gym floor.

“Rikelec, you’ve done your best. You can’t beat Gravellar’s power with your attacks. Thanks for everything, but you need to return right now before you hurt yourself any more.” Tracey’s command was interrupted by Rikelec, as he protested.

“Rikelec, this is no time to play hero! Return.” Tracey pleaded, holding out the Poke Ball. Gravellar hit Rikelec with Rollout again. Rikelec couldn’t last much longer. His beautiful green and yellow fur was scorched and dirty, and his big blue eyes, normally so happy, were closed in pain. Tracey was nearly in tears to see his Pokemon hurt so badly.
Rikelec finally gave in and jumped into the Poke Ball. Tracey broke out in a smile, glad his Pokemon was safe.

“Electrike has been retreated. The trainer may call Electrike back at any time during the match. Let the battle continue!” The referee called, waving his flags. Rikelec’s figure dimmed on the scoreboard. Tracey looked across the field.

“Tracey, it’s not too late to back out!” Jiroo shouted. It was a suggestion, not a command. Tracey drove the idea out of his mind at once. He looked straight into Jiroo’s closed brown eyes.

“I’m not backing out! Go, Bulby!” Tracey yelled, throwing another Poke Ball. Bulby appeared from the red light. He looked dazed for a moment, but Bulby’s eyes brightened at the sight of his trainer. He smiled and jumped into the arena, ready to fight for his trainer.

“The challenger has chosen a Bulbasaur as his second Pokemon. This second portion of the match will begin!” The referee waved his flags again. Bulby and Gravellar met in the center of the battlefield. Gravellar sneered at Bulby, who was a foot smaller than him. Bulby looked unworried.

“All right, Gravellar, give it your Mega Punch!” Jiroo yelled, pointing towards Bulby. Gravellar lunged at Bulby. Bulby stepped easily out of the way.

“Bulby, use Vine Whip!” Tracey ordered. Bulby pulled vines out of his bulb and wrapped them around Gravellar. Bulby attempted, and failed, to pick Gravellar up.

“Grab the vines and swing Bulbasaur around, Gravellar!” Jiroo commanded. Gravellar grabbed onto Bulby’s vines and swung him around.

“Gravlar!” It yelled, releasing its grip.

“Buuuulbaaaa!” Bulby screamed, smashing into the wall. Tracey cringed.

“Release Leech Seed, Bulby!” Tracey ordered in a final attempt. Bulby nodded at his trainer and a seed shot out of the tip of its bulb. It landed on Gravellar and vines sprouted onto Gravellar, draining it of energy. When Leech Seed ended, Gravellar staggered, looking weak.

“No! Gravellar!” Jiroo cried in disbelief.

“Yes! Now Bulby, use Vine Whip again!” Tracey screamed. Bulby’s vines wrapped around Gravellar, and since Bulby had gained energy from Leech Seed, it was able to fling Gravellar against the wall. Gravellar smashed to the ground, moaning to itself. Its eyes closed.

“Gravellar is unable to battle! Bulbasaur has defeated Gravellar!” The referee called in shock. Tracey cried out and ran to Bulby, hugging him.

“We won! We won! We won!” Tracey yelled.

“Not today, Tracey. If you’ve forgotten, I still have one Pokemon left.” There was no hint of friendliness in Jiroo’s voice as he said these words. His eyes were shadowed with rage.
“You beat Gravellar. You’ll pay for that! Go, Onix!” Jiroo screamed. He chucked a Poke Ball towards Tracey. Onix appeared in a flash of orange light and roared out in a gravelly low growl. Tracey looked at it in fear as it towered over Bulby and himself.

“Go get him, Bulby.” Tracey said in a hollow, dead sort of voice.

“Bulba…” Bulby walked slowly toward Onix, certain that he was walking to his doom.

“The gym leader has chosen an Onix as his third and final Pokemon. Let the third part of the match begin!” the referee yelled.

“Now Onix, use Iron Tail on Bulbasaur!” Jiroo ordered.

“Geroooo!” Onix screeched. Its tail glowed silver and sailed toward Bulby.

“Bulby, grab the tail with Vine Whip!” Tracey ordered. He wasn’t going down without a fight. Bulby let his Vine Whip out, thinking of his trainer and putting all of his strength in. Bulby was just able to push the tail away from himself.

“Onix! Use Screech! Lower Bulbasaur’s defenses!” Jiroo shouted. Onix nodded and let out a high-pitched scream. Bulby writhed in pain at the sound.

“Now! Use Body Slam!” Jiroo said, smiling evilly.

“Gerooo!” Onix let out its battle cry and slammed into Bulby. He never even got a chance.

“Bulbasaur is unable to battle. Onix is the winner of the round!!” The referee said.

“Bulby. You did unbelievably well out there. You deserve this rest,” Tracey said kindly, smiling at Bulby.

“Bulba…” Bulby smiled weakly at his trainer, and then stepped into the beam of light coming from the Poke Ball. Tracey’s face hardened as he looked at Jiroo.

“You hurt my Bulby. You won’t get away with that. Go, Rikelec!” Tracey screamed.
Jiroo just laughed.

“Electrike won’t do any damage to Onix! Just give up!” Jiroo said, looking almost possessed. Tracey shook his head.

“Rikelec could beat you any day. Now, use Howl! Boost your attack, Rikelec!

“Elike!” Rikelec howled. Jiroo stared, and then turned to Onix.

“Use Rock Throw, Onix!” Jiroo commanded. Onix broke rocks from the field and hurled them at Rikelec.

“Rikelec! Wait for them to reach you, and then dodge them with Quick Attack!” Tracey shouted. Rikelec, though weak from the last battle, had been strengthened by Howl, and he nodded. The rocks came speeding toward Rikelec, and at the last second, Rikelec disappeared and dodged the rocks. Rikelec proceeded to smash into Onix.

“Gerooo!” Onix roared, falling to the floor. It got up again, enraged at Rikelec.
“That’s right, Onix. Use Iron Tail on Electrike!” Jiroo ordered. Tracey thought quickly.

“Let Onix hit you, Rikelec!” he yelled. Rikelec, confused, stood his ground. Jiroo was puzzled. Onix hit Rikelec with Iron Tail, and then flinched. Rikelec had released its Static Ability. Onix was paralyzed.

“What? But Onix is a Ground Type! It shouldn’t be affected!” Jiroo protested.

“No, that’s where you’re wrong. Static is an Ability, not an attack. Ground types are resistant to electric attacks, not Abilities. A super-effective electric attack would also work.” Tracey explained.

Jiroo just got even madder. He chuckled evilly and then pointed towards Rikelec.

“Onix, use Facade! It’ll be 2x effective!” Jiroo ordered. Onix was unable to move.

“Onix is fully paralyzed. It is unable to move!” the referee said.

“Shut Up!” Jiroo shouted at the ref.

“Sorry,” the referee said, backing down.
Tracey saw his chance.

“Rikelec! Use Charge attack!” Tracey commanded. Rikelec started sparking with electricity. Jiroo’s closed eyes widened in fear.

“Now! Jiroo, I hope you like barbecue. Use Spark attack!” Tracey ordered. Rikelec, his electrical glands charged, released a powered up Spark attack. It fizzled out on Onix’s rocky skin.

“No! What did I do wrong?” Tracey demanded.

“Your Spark attack just couldn’t affect a Ground type!” Jiroo said happily, looking evilly overjoyed. Onix started to move slightly.

“Now Onix is starting to loosen up. You’ll be sorry!” Jiroo cackled.

“Rikelec! Use Spark again! Aim for Onix’s mouth!” Tracey cried desperately.
Rikelec tried another Spark attack. This one hit its mark.

“Gerrooo!” Onix cried, sizzling. It landed on the ground, twitching.

“Onix is unable to battle. Tracey is the winner of this match!” the referee declared, hoping Jiroo wouldn’t yell at him again. Jiroo, on the contrary, seemed back to his kind self, released from the struggle of battle.

Tracey was hugging Rikelec and practically crying with joy. He stopped to watch Jiroo tenderly pet Onix’s hard skin and then put him back in the Poke Ball. Jiroo walked up to Tracey.

“You beat my big brother’s Pokemon. I stand corrected. You are a wonderful trainer. I have never seen such bonds between a trainer and his Pokemon before. You truly deserve the Boulder Badge.” He held out a small token. Tracey took it into his hand in wonder. The badge was surprisingly heavy.

“Thank you, Jiroo.” Tracey said.
“My first badge!” he exclaimed.

“Elike!” Rikelec barked in happiness.

“Take this also. It is the TM Rock Tomb. Use it wisely. And put that TM in the TM case. You’ll need it. Goodbye, I hope to meet you again, Tracey.” And with that, Jiroo walked into the shadows. Tracey looked down at the small disc. He stuck it in a slot of the TM case. He grinned at Rikelec, and they both walked out of the gym.

M

Motig

That was a good chapter. You should be proud of yourself. Could use more description. Good length, you can make it longer, but you don't have to.

Good luck with the next chapter

Your mate

Shiny ;135;

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Here it is. After about a year ^^;;

Chapter Six

Tracey walked out of the Pewter City Gym and stopped to pet Rikelec.
“Thanks, buddy!” he said, smiling. Rikelec returned the smile, and then ran off to chase a Venonat. Tracey’s smile vanished as he looked down at Bulby’s Poke Ball.

“Tracey!” a girl’s voice exclaimed. Tracey looked up to see Logan running towards him, her blonde hair playing across her face. Tracey shook his head and nodded towards Bulby’s Poke Ball.

“Bulby was hurt in the battle. He’ll need to be revived…” Tracey trailed off as a trainer ran towards him. Logan looked around at the sound of the trainer’s footsteps. He had long, black hair, and brown rimmed glasses that amplified the size of his eyes to an enormous extent.

“Sorry to bother you, miss, but I believe that is your Electrike attacking my Venonat over there,” the guy said, looking down at his feet and playing with his overly large glasses. He looked up at Logan, blushing. Logan stuttered, and Tracey stepped forward.

“Actually, that’s my Pokemon,” he said, beckoning to the nerd to follow him. He started walking, but when nobody followed, looked back. The strange teenager was down on his knee, with Logan’s hand in his.

“Will you go out with me?” he asked, practically drooling all over his white shirt. Logan looked horrified, and then regained her manners.

“Ummm…. I’m already… going steady…with-uh, someone else.” She said.
Tracey picked up the hint.

“Yeah. Isn’t that right, Logan?” He proceeded to hesitantly put his arm around her, trying to make it look natural.

“Oh, you. Then let’s battle, one on one. If I win, I get to be her boyfriend!” the teen said, sneering at Tracey. Logan looked uncomfortable at being a sort of prize, but Tracey couldn’t lose to this nerd.

“You’re on!” Tracey yelled. The two pulled their Pokemon away from each other, and Logan nudged Tracey.

“PLEASE don’t lose to that creep!” she said. Tracey felt the pressure and commanded Rikelec.

“Let’s get started. Rikelec, Bite attack!” Rikelec barked and turned to face Venonat.

“Venonat, Supersonic!” the opposer yelled. Venonat sent out a brilliant flash of rings at Rikelec. Rikelec chased at the rainbow circles, but then they hit. Rikelec started staggering around, confused.

“No! Rikelec, attempt a Quick Attack!” Tracey cried desperately. Rikelec looked dazedly at its trainer. Very vaguely, he made a feeble jump at Venonat. Venonat easily dodged, and Rikelec hit the ground hard. Rikelec seemed to have shaken the confusion off, though.
“Good! Rikelec, use Spark attack! Quick!” Tracey yelled. Rikelec started sparking with electricity. It glared at Venonat.

“Venonat! Don’t take it lying down! Use Sleep Powder!” the dorky trainer yelled.

“Veno!” Venonat shook its entire body and spores shook free from it. Rikelec charged in for Spark attack, only to be hit in the face by toxic spores. Rikelec fought to stay awake, struggling to fight for its trainer.

“Elike…” It whimpered, and then fell asleep. Tracey tried to stay calm.

“Rikelec, eat this…” he said softly, forcing a Chesto berry down Rikelec’s into Rikelec’s mouth. It shuddered, and then opened a bleary eye. Rikelec smiled at his trainer, and hopped up, ready to battle.

“Rikelec, just so you don’t fall asleep, try that move we’ve been working on…. Uproar!” Tracey ordered. Rikelec nodded, and then opened its jaws wide and started howling at an earsplitting volume. Tracey plugged his ears with his fingers, waiting to see what would happen. He couldn’t tell what was happening to Venonat. Its bloodred eyes remained expressionless. Tracey unstuffed his ears as Rikelec finished up. He peered cautiously at Venonat, as did its trainer.

“Venn…nat!” It said in a tired voice.

“Yes! Rikelec, finish it with Spark!” Tracey yelled triumphantly. Nothing could stop Rikelec now as its fur grew coarse with electricity. It let out a battle cry and slammed into Venonat’s limp figure.

“Venonat! Return…” the nerdy boy said. He glared at Tracey. Then his face softened.

“You’re an awesome fighter. This girl is lucky to have a guy like you for a boyfriend. I hope we meet again.” With that he held out his hand. Tracey shook it reluctantly. He still didn’t like the attitude of the trainer. The nerd walked off, waving.

Logan walked up to Tracey.

“Thanks!” she said, smiling. Tracey nodded. He realized Rikelec was whimpering. It looked weak and sick from that last battle. He returned Rikelec.
“I’ve got to get Bulby and Rikelec to the Pokemon Center. I’ll try to catch your battle with Jiroo afterwards. Good Luck!” Tracey smiled at Logan and headed off towards the Pokemon Center, secretly savoring those few moments when he pretended to be Logan’s boyfriend. By the time he reached the Center, he felt Rikelec might have fainted.

“Please tend to my Pokemon, Nurse Joy!” Tracey panted, out of breath.

“Right away. Did you just come from a Gym Battle with Jiroo, Tracey?” Nurse Joy seemed worried.

“Yes. Why do you ask?” Tracey questioned.

“It’s nothing. I just thought that you might have fought Flint, his father. Flint’s a brilliant Pokemon Trainer, but he doesn’t seem to give his heart to fighting anymore. He’ll battle here and there, but Jiroo’s the Gym Leader of the Gym now. Anyway, why don’t you give me those Pokemon, and I’ll revive them.” Nurse Joy held out her hand, and Tracey handed over the Poke Balls. Tracey paced back and forth, worried that Nurse Joy might not be able to help Bulby and Rikelec.

“Tracey, I won!” Logan’s voice echoed through the Pokemon Center. She happily showcased her new Boulder Badge. Tracey tried to look happy, but his concern for his Pokemon just couldn’t be overlooked. Logan didn’t pick it up, though.

“I can’t believe it! I didn’t battle Jiroo, though. His father, Flint, seemed to want to try his hand at the battle. Look! My Weedle is a Kakuna now!” Logan was bursting with happiness as she released an orangish-yellow Pokemon that was about two feet tall.
Tracey forced a smile.

“That’s wonderful, Logan. I won too. But Bulby got hurt. And now, Rikelec is also hurt. I just hope Nurse Joy can…” Tracey’s voice trailed off as he heard a bell ring somewhere in the Center. The sliding doors on then side of the Waiting Room opened, and Bulby ran out, leaping into Tracey’s arms. Tracey sighed in relief, and hugged Bulby.

“Feeling better, Bulby?”

“Bulba!” Bulby replied happily, overjoyed to see his trainer again. Just then, Rikelec bounded out, too. Rikelec knocked Tracey over and started licking his face. Tracey laughed and played with his Pokemon. Logan watched him, laughing as well.

Later that day, Tracey and Logan decided not to stay the night, but to head on to Mount Moon. They waved good-bye to Nurse Joy, and set off, Bulby leaping circles around Tracey, and Rikelec running ahead excitedly, impatient.

“Logan?” Tracey asked cautiously.

“Yes, Tracey?” Logan asked back.
“You know today, when I pretended to be your boyfriend?” Tracey proceeded, looking into Logan’s beautifully blue eyes.

“Yes?”

“Ummm, you did a very good…acting job” Tracey said, silently yelling at himself for not telling her. Logan just smiled.

“Thanks, Tracey. That’s sweet!”

Tracey just blushed.

To be continued….

Not the longest I coud have done, but this wasn't a chapter I was looking forward to... Chapter Seven will come... eventually...

M

Motig

Pretty good. Its nice to see a new chapter. You could use some more description. I found the legth fine, just right, but do more, just because i'm satisfied, others might not.

I hope the next is up soon, before Saturday would be fine.

Good luck

Your mate

Shiny ;135;

R

roodude15

ok. I finally got a chance to read your newest chapters and i am amazed. You really are taking our opinions and advice and putting it into your story. It is very interesting and is detailed. Very good.

~roo~

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Hey guys, I'm gonna get Chapter Seven up tomorrow, I promise! Just keep watching this space. I'm finishing the final specs now. It promises to be a good one.

T

Treecko 93

Sorry that I didn't reply! ^^; Anyway, you've definatley improved. As Shiny J said, could use a bit more descriprion, but it's fine. Also, I see that you're getting the length down-pat. Good luck with chapter 7.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Here it is, don't be mad if you don't like it :(

Chapter Seven

Tracey stared up at the gaping hole that was the entrance to a cave through Mount Moon. A cold mist blew out of it, and yet he didn’t budge. He continued to stare into the darkness, as if expecting a certain thing to happen.

“Tracey, what’s the…oh!” Logan hurried toward Tracey, slipping and sliding down a rocky slope that was treacherously deep. Bulby ran up to the edge and grabbed Logan with his Vine Whip to steady her movements. Logan walked up to where Tracey stood. Bulby and Rikelec fell into line behind Logan.

“On the other side of this tunnel, we should come to Cerulean City,” Logan said, looking at Tracey. He merely nodded.

“Well… let’s go…in, shall we?” Logan was puzzled at Tracey’s behavior. She started walking forward.

“This is where It happened.” Tracey’s voice was dull and flat sounding to Logan.
She looked back.

“What?” Logan took a step toward her friend.

“My dad used to be a Pokemon trainer, too. He loved Pokemon, and he was the best of friends with his starting Pokemon, Charmander. He was able to beat Flint in Pewter City using only his Charmander. But, while traveling through this cave, he was hit by an Onix. He was knocked out. When he came to, his Charmander had run away, and he was badly bruised. He dragged himself out of the tunnel, and vowed to himself he would never put his faith in Pokemon again.”

Tracey looked down at Bulby, who hadn’t heard a single word of the conversation, and smiled sadly.

“That’s…awful” Logan said, lost for words. She looked at Tracey, with the golden sunlight streaming down on his dirty blonde hair. It was in moments like these that Logan noticed how handsome a person Tracey was. She put an arm around him and gave him a comforting hug. She looked into his blue eyes and firmly said,

“Come on, Tracey. Bulby will never abandon you, and you know it.”

“Bulba!” Bulby’s voice was somehow reassuring. Tracey put on a smile.

“Let’s go!”

And without another word, they walked into the dark. There was silence.

“Uhhhh… anyone have a match?” Tracey’s voice was swallowed up in the gloom.
“No. Oh. My. God. Where’s the doorway?” Logan’s voice was panicky.

“Bulba!”

“Elike!”

Bulby and Rikelec were yelling from someplace far from where Tracey was standing.

“Who’s there?” A voice echoed in the dark cavern. A familiar voice. A light appeared at the far end of the tunnel. Footsteps sounded in the gloom.

“We’re over here!” Logan yelled. The footsteps stopped, and then started towards Tracey and Logan. The familiar spiky yellow hair and cold gray eyes of Vincent were suddenly illuminated.

“You!” Tracey cried out.

“Yes, me. And I see that you haven’t caught any more Pokemon,” the teen said, as he drew level with the group. Logan found a lamp in her bag and lit it, desperate for light.

“Your Charmander! It evolved!” Tracey cried in disbelief, staring at the Charmeleon who was lighting up the room.

“Yes, it has. And I see your pathetic excuse of a starter hasn’t. But that should be expected of a novice trainer like you. Only real trainers evolve their Pokemon. It’s the only way they’ll get any stronger.” A sneer played across the hard features of Vincent’s face.

“Take that back!” Tracey yelled, stepping forward.

“What if I don’t?”

“Then you’ll have to battle me! I’ll prove unevolved Pokemon can be just as good as evolved ones!!”

“Fine. I don’t know why you’re wasting your time. Let’s make it a two on two knock out round. No substitutions.” Vincent had lay down the deal. Tracey couldn’t refuse.

“Okay. Go, Rikelec!” Rikelec jumped forward, eager to battle. Vincent chuckled, and took out one of his own Poke Balls.

“Let’s win this, Rhydon!” With that, a gigantic rhino-like Pokemon appeared in a brilliant red flash, its huge horn drilling at the air. Tracey gulped.

“Why don’t you give up before even attempting to beat me?” Vincent taunted.

“Just because Rikelec has a type, level, and evolutionary disadvantage doesn’t mean he’ll lose!” Tracey realized the sentence sounded dumb even to his own ears. Vincent smiled.

“Rhydon, use Magnitude attack!” Vincent ordered, starting a battle that would be a long and harsh one. Rhydon jumped up, and smashed his bulky legs into the ground. The Magnitude attack fizzled out before starting.

“Wha!?!” Vincent cried out.

“Magnitude has different levels of power. You just hit a Magnitude 1. It did no damage whatsoever!” Tracey exclaimed.

“Fine. Rhydon, use Rock Blast!”

“Rhhhyoo!” Rhydon screeched, slamming its muscular arm into the ground. Rocks fell from the ceiling, raining down on Rikelec.

“Rikelec, use Quick Attack to dodge the rocks!” Tracey commanded, as rocks collapsed on his Pokemon. Rikelec disappeared for a second, and then re-appeared in front of Rhydon.

“Elike!!!” It yelped before slamming its body into Rhydon’s bulky gray body. Surprisingly, Rhydon took the damage hard. It slammed into the stone wall of the cave and rocks rained onto its head.

“Rhydon!” Vincent cried.

“Good. Now, Rikelec, Bite down on Rhydon!” Tracey yelled.

“Big mistake. Rhydon, Mega Punch!” Vincent yelled. Rhydon raised its fist and punched Rikelec hard. Rikelec yelped and hit the ground, hard. Tracey flinched, but looked confident. He waited for Static to Paralyze Rhydon. It never happened.

“Rhydon, Megahorn!” Vincent shouted, ordering his Pokemon forward.

“No! Rikelec!” Tracey cried. Rhydon hit Rikelec’s already limp body with Megahorn. Rikelec whimpered, and collapsed.

“Rikelec!” Tracey ran to his faithful Pokemon, and rubbed Rikelec’s soft green and yellow fur.

“Ready to give up?” Vincent asked.

“As if. Go get Rhydon, Bulby!” Tracey shouted, returning Rikelec.

“Bulba!” Bulby said, eager to battle Rhydon.
“If you think you’re gonna win, you are so wrong!” Tracey said, a bit more confident than he should have been.

“Do as you want. Rhydon, Blizzard!” Vincent screamed.

“Bulby, Double Team! Dodge Blizzard!” Tracey said, knowing that if Blizzard hit, it would be the end for Bulby.

Icy cold hail sped towards Bulby, who struggled to do a Double Team Attack…

To Be Continued…

Not as long as I had hoped, but it ends in a cliffhanger... I should have Chapter Eight up by Friday at the latest.

Later,
~Bulby ;001;

R

roodude15

I got your pm and your story is getting better. However, sorry if I am sounding to harsh but there were some things I didn't like. I didn't like the fact that Vincent had a Rhydon also the chapter seemed sort of rushed. I am sorry if this sounded rude but otherwise it was very good. You gave it a good amount of description and I like the fact that it has a cliffhanger at the end. Keep it up.

~roo~

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I noticed that the pace was rushed, I apologize, that'll change next chapter. Why don't you like Vincent's Rhydon? I wanted to prove that all he cares about is large, evolved Pokemon. I also needed to give Rikelec a type disadvantage, against a Pokemon from Kanto that hadn't been used already. So you end up with Rhydon.

R

roodude15

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't really like Vincent's rhydon because I guess considering that it can be powerful I thought it was a little to early. Sorry about that. I did like the chapter though. Please pm me when you post up your newest chapter.

~roo~

I

Indigo

Hmmm. Nice fic you've got here, Bulby! Length could use a little work, and maybe a teeny bit more description, but I really like it! The battles are interesting, and I liked the cliffhanger in the last one.

Keep it up!

~Indigo

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Yay!!! Thanks, Indigo. I'm glad you like it. Yeah, I'm working on length. Thanks for telling me that!

Later,
~Bulby

EDIT: Sorry for not updating in a while, guys, I was on a twelve day vacation. I'll have the next chapter up tomorrow, or possibly tonight. Cheers!

~Bulby ;001;

M

Motig

Nice chapter, short, but nice. It did seemed rushed, but what i find is good, in the heat of a battle rushing it gives tension and a WOW feeling. Although, don't rush as much as possible, because thats bad.

Good luck with chapter 8 Bulba.

Your mate

Shiny ;135;

L

L100Meganium

Wow. I just discovered this fic today, and I like it a whole lot!! Though it needs a bit more discription, the chapters kept me glued to my seat. Well Done! ^_^

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Here it is, after many vacations (and punishments from my mom) I have completed Chapter Eight! Logan actually plays a part in this one!

Chapter Eight

Blizzard swirled towards Bulby. Just before hitting, Bulby glowed and split up into a blurred circle of Bulbasaur, whirling around the Blizzard attack. The attack passed right through the Double Team.

“Yes! Now, Bulby, Use Razor Leaf!” Tracey yelled.

“Oh no you don’t! Rhydon, Flamethrower!” Vincent yelled, throwing a leer at Tracey. The Pokemon released their attacks.

“Bulba!” Bulby yelled in despair, seeing his Razor Leaf burn to a crisp.

“No! Bulby, Jump out of the way!” Tracey yelled. Bulby nodded and jumped upward with its Vine Whip. Flamethrower passed under Bulby and scorched the side of Tracey’s face. Tracey gingerly touched his cheek and winced.

“Finish it, Rhydon! Horn Drill!” Vincent ordered.

“Bulby! Try to grab Rhydon’s Horn with your Vine Whip!” Tracey commanded desperately. Bulby reached his Vine Whip toward Rhydon, whose large Horn, the one feature that was all that was needed to intimidate, started slowly spinning clockwise. Bulby’s Vine wrapped around the Horn. Rhydon closed its eyes in concentration.

“Come on, Rhydon! What are you waiting for?” Vincent screamed, egging his Pokemon on.

“Bulby! Keep holding, and use Razor Leaf!” Tracey cried. Bulby held his ground and released a Razor Leaf from his Bulb. Rhydon’s eyes widened in fear at the barrage of leaves heading towards it. Bulby released just at the right time. Rhydon stumbled back, and tripped over a rock. It collapsed.

“No! Rhydon!!” Vincent ran to his Pokemon’s side. Rhydon groaned, and collapsed.

“Yes!!!” Tracey yelled, scooping up his Pokemon and hugging it.

“It isn’t over yet. Get him, Charmeleon.” Vincent was oddly calm. Tracey gulped.

“Char…” The Pokemon’s eyes glared an almost reddish color as it growled in its low, gravelly voice. Everything about Charmeleon, from its long, menacing claws, to its strong, muscular tail, had doom written all over it. Bulby trembled in Tracey’s arms.

“You don’t have to fight, Bulby. I can always forfeit,” Tracey whispered to his companion.

“Bulba, Saur, Bulbasaur!” Bulby replied. He hopped out of Tracey’s arms and landed steadily on the rocky floor. Tracey looked at the small, spotted green figure of his Pokemon and set his face.

“All right. Bulby, Sleep Powder!” Tracey ordered, wondering if they even stood a chance against Vincent.

“Nothing doing. Charmeleon, Protect!” Vincent said. His voice was dripping with confidence. Tracey had never felt more different from that in his life. Charmeleon glowed a jade color, and a bubble appeared in front of it. Sleep Powder slid right off of it.

“Bulby… um…” Tracey trailed off, wondering which attack could get through Protect.

“Tracey!!” Logan’s voice echoed through the cavern. “Protect gets less accurate every time a Pokemon uses it!”

Tracey looked at Logan and smiled, a plan forming in his mind.

“Bulby, Hit Charmeleon with a barrage of Razor Leaf attacks!” Tracey looked at Bulby. His Pokemon was breathing heavily, but at his command, Bulby released the razor-sharp leaves from his back.

“Don’t you know anything about Pokemon? Charmeleon, Protect!” Vincent yelled. He was still maintaining that calm look in his steely eyes.

“Just where I wanted him. Bulby, Tackle Charmeleon from behind!” Tracey ordered.

“Charmeleon, Iron Tail!” Vincent yelled. Charmeleon hit Bulby with Iron Tail before Tracey’s Pokemon could prepare itself. Bulby went down, hard.

“And that’s a wrap!” Vincent said. He quietly turned and walked away, Charmeleon behind him. Tracey glared down the tunnel at him. He looked down at Bulby, and kneeled down next to his comrade.

“We need to hurry through Mount Moon, Logan. Bulby is holding onto consciousness, but just barely.”

“Tracey, you’re not looking good yourself.” Logan said, worried. Tracey felt the side of his face again. The burn from Rhydon’s Flamethrower was still there.

“One day, I’ll get him back!” Tracey growled, flinching from the burn.

“It’s all right. Just don’t lose your temper. Keep cool, Tracey,” Logan said soothingly, rubbing his arm. Tracey looked at his friend. He fought to stay calm. The burn sent a throbbing pain through his head whenever he talked.

The two friends walked through the long tunnel, quiet, with only the occasional,
“This way,” or, “Don’t trip over that Geodude.” Tracey wanted to capture another Pokemon, but as his Pokemon were in no condition to help, he could only half-heartedly throw a Poke Ball at one or two. Logan noticed that Tracey looked five years older than he had before the battle with Vincent. When asked how he was feeling, Tracey would merely reply, “Tired”.

Just when Logan thought there was never going to be sunlight again, after three days of walking and sleeping, the friends finally saw light ahead. Tracey ran towards the tunnel’s end, desperate for light. Upon reaching the end, he let out a deep sigh, as if he had been holding his breath the whole time.

“We’re there!” Logan said, appearing beside Tracey. Logan looked over at her traveling companion. His face had turned a milky white color, except where he had been burnt by Rhydon. Even after three days, the burn glowed afresh on his pale face. Logan was sure that after three days in the dark, she was probably just as pale.

Tracey nodded at his friend, and the two stepped out into the sunlight, walking toward the city cradled by mountains, Cerulean.

“So what’s the gym like?” Tracey asked.

“Wha- Oh, let me see… the book says it’s run by a girl named Misty. She uses water types.” Tracey grinned at this statement.

“Bulby and Rikelec will have no problem, then!”

“Don’t be so sure of yourself, Tracey. Remember, she’s not a Gym Leader without strategies.”

Finally, after hiking down the side of Mount Moon, the two reached the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Upon walking inside, Tracey noticed the difference in this one. In the Pewter City Pokemon Center, there were very few people, merely milling around. This place, though, was packed with Pokemon trainers, all fighting over spots in the long line that curled through the Pokemon Center. The Nurse Joy that worked there was running back and forth, looking distressed and tired.

“What’s going on?” Tracey wondered aloud.

“Look over there!” Logan said, pointing toward a poster on the Center’s bulletin board,

“2,000 yeni reward for defeat or capture of the Skarmory that has been terrifying the Cerulean Cape.” Tracey read.

“I guess all these trainers have failed to defeat it in battle.” Logan remarked, staring at the long line.

“Let’s go get it!” Tracey said, suddenly seeming full of life.

“Hold on! You’re not going anywhere until your Pokemon are healed and that burn of yours is treated!” Logan said, grabbing Tracey by the cuff of his vest. Tracey smiled sheepishly, and the two got in line for treatment.

An hour and a half later, Tracey walked out the Pokemon Center with Logan right next to him. Bulby was tagging along happily, while Rikelec seemed deep in his mind, staring at the ground, and not even making a sound. Tracey didn’t notice this.

“Cerulean Cape should be this way,” he said, pointing toward a winding path through a valley in the mountains. He had been upbeat and lively ever since Nurse Joy had rubbed an oil extracted from a Miltank’s milk on his burn.

“Whatever you say,” muttered Logan, who had wanted to rest shortly before leaving the Center. As they started walking up the path, a shadow swooped down on Tracey.

“Tracey, look out!” Logan shrieked, but a moment too late. Tracey stumbled, falling backwards. Logan held out her hand and he took it.

“What was that?” He asked, rubbing his head. A piercing high-pitched screech rang out through the darkening sky.

“Three guesses what,” Logan groaned, as a Large Skarmory swooped in for the kill. Its fierce orange eyes stared defiantly at her as its gleaming silver armor, and gray tail, razor sharp, took form. It knocked Tracey over. His head hit a rock, and Tracey fell, unconscious. Bulby jumped in front of his trainer, ready to fight to the death for his master. Skarmory’s eyes puffed in silent laughter at Bulby’s pathetic attempt.

“No! Tracey!” Logan yelled. She ran for her friend, but slipped and fell. She hit the ground, hard. The picture in her eyes started dimming. She saw Skarmory scream and swoop down at Bulby, but then the world closed in on Logan, and she blacked out…

To be continued…

How do you like it?
(I apologize for length)

I

Indigo

Ooooooh! Me-ish like this story! ^^

I'll tell you something true--this story reminds me so much of The Mountain. It's really a pleasure to read, because your writing style is so much like mine used to be. You move things along and make it fun to read. Good job.

Now, onto the review part of reviewing. A few plot errors; A Bulbasaur can't defeat a Rhydon, it just doesn't seem credible. Maybe if it were a Rhyhorn instead, you'd just make the margin line.
Bulbasaur seems really attached to Tracey, willing to risk his life for him. Not too common at the second gym unless Tracey's done something really special for Bulby. Has he?

Maybe a tiny more description, too. Your description of Cerulean was lacking, and so was the description of the Pokémon Center. In short, surrounding description. Also, get inside the character's heads with description: how they hear it, smell it, feel it, maybe even taste it.

Length was always my weakness, so it's no wonder it's yours as well. We're two peas in a pod, you and I. I'd try to help you get more length, but...I can't, really. Just do your best.

Anyway, this is really a nice story, Bulbs! Keep it up!

~Indy

M

Motig

I found the length fine, but description does need work like Indigo said. The battle was fine. Nice Cliffy at the end. I think something will happen with Rikelec. But who knows.

Good luck with the next chapter Bulbs

Your mate

Shiny ;135;

R

roodude15

Like the two before me said, it needed more description. I honestly enjoyed this chapter the most. It was definately better than the last. It doesn't matter how short a fic is as long as you can still make it as descriptive as you can. Description plays a big role toa good fic. I did like the cliffhanger. Thank you for the pm and I look forward for the next chapter.

~roo~

L

L100Meganium

NO! What happens next?! Darn cliffhangers....

Now, I know that Pokémon aren't evil, but Skarmory seems.....well.....EVIL. I hope Bulby can take it! And Rikelec, I'm guessing it's feeling bad after losing....hm.....anyway, keep it up! ^_^