• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One of Many

I

Indigo

You do that, Bulbs, you do that.

Oh, I didn't guess right about the title. Aw well. It works in a sense, doesn't it?

Again...I can't tell you enough how amazing that was to read.

Cs32

SUGAR!!!
wow bulba, i just read all of the fic tonight. And holy crap it was good. I was thinking the whole time i was reading, is he dead, is he dead. I never would have guessed that the ending would be like that, it was great! This fic is definatly going to get you known her, i'm so freakin jealous!

M

Motig

Wow! Thats just the ending I like to a fic, and why did you say it wasn't very good? It was mint! Violence! deaths! Me like. You've come a very long way from Chapter 1. A short Epilogue would be good, since I'm abit puzzled at the ending. Although i haven't read the loooooooooooonnnnng replies. Good ending Bulbs, kinda makes me want to end my fic better. Although, this had a far better ending than FN, baring in mind that Tracey wasn't overcome with evil, and the evil dude turned good.
Once again, great ending, never would of suspected it.

Merry Christmas!

Motig

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
First off, thanks again, Indigo.

Now...*cracks his knuckles, although he doesn't in real life*

wow bulba, i just read all of the fic tonight. And holy crap it was good. I was thinking the whole time i was reading, is he dead, is he dead. I never would have guessed that the ending would be like that, it was great! This fic is definatly going to get you known her, i'm so freakin jealous!

Wow...second time this weekend I've been speechless:)

That wasn't much of a good ending Bulba....do you plan on making a sequel to finish off the plot-holes?

Well, hopefully the epilogue will do that...but did you think I'd just sit back and relax when this fic is over? *hint, hint*

Wow! Thats just the ending I like to a fic, and why did you say it wasn't very good? It was mint! Violence! deaths! Me like.

I guess I'll say thanks... :)

You've come a very long way from Chapter 1.

You better hope I have!

A short Epilogue would be good, since I'm abit puzzled at the ending. Although i haven't read the loooooooooooonnnnng replies.

Will do!

Good ending Bulbs, kinda makes me want to end my fic better. Although, this had a far better ending than FN, baring in mind that Tracey wasn't overcome with evil, and the evil dude turned good.

Well, I've got to be original somewhere, right?

Once again, great ending, never would of suspected it.

Actually, neither did I. :eek:
And, for the record, third time I've been speechless this weekend.

Merry Christmas!

That goes for everyone!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

L

L100Meganium

H--Hold on a minute...*cries openly*
I'm STILL crying. My G-God, that's the f-f-first fic that I've s-seen in which the m-main character....dies. No, I'm serious. I normally don't cry this much. Bad description? It was w-wonderful!! It described the situation p-p-perfectly!! I found it weird that my name is Bethany, and there was a B-Bethany in there t-too....how come the main character died but not the other major character? They shoulda at least died together...
Nice work, all I c-can say....

R

roodude15

Holy crap Bulba that was amazing. Wow the way it ended and everything.............................wow...............................................amazing...................................... it was just incredible. You started off real shaky in the beginning of chapter 1 and now look at this the last chapter of your story and you go and do that unbelievable. Out of all of the fics I have read in the past I don't recall not even one where the main character died. You have come a long way and ending it like this wow. Though with all of the good things I am saying I did find one mistake and I'm still not sure about
I am mortified, Mark, that out son is dead
I believe you meant our instead of out right? Otherwise the description was superb. It was an incredible story and your prologue or epilogue I am looking forward to. Kudos on your first fic and how you stuck with it no matter how long it took.

~roo~

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Okay, let's see...*pie to all those who didn't get some*

Now....

H--Hold on a minute...*cries openly*

I've never made anyone cry before, wow. I don't know what to say... I'm sorry!

Bad description? It was w-wonderful!! It described the situation p-p-perfectly!!

I'm glad it did:)

I found it weird that my name is Bethany, and there was a B-Bethany in there t-too

Really? I didn't know, obviously...I used my mom's middle name for Tracey's mom:eek:. In case you guys couldn't tell, I described Tracey as looking like me, only glorified a bit(i.e., I have shoulder length hair, blue eyes), so it's only fitting I use something in my mom's name. Although, Tracey isn't my name...I just liked it.

how come the main character died but not the other major character?

Because, it's never been done before!

They shoulda at least died together...

Yeah, that would have worked...but I wanted the fic to end this way. I don't know why, but I did...

Nice work, all I c-can say....

Thanks, Meganium! :D

Now for roodude....

Holy crap Bulba that was amazing. Wow the way it ended and everything.............................wow........ .......................................amazing.... .................................. it was just incredible.

Thanks you:) I'm glad this chapter went so well...not in that sense, but, you know!

You started off real shaky in the beginning of chapter 1 and now look at this the last chapter of your story and you go and do that unbelievable.

Yeah, we've all been through a lot...hope you'll review my next chapter, and my next fic! (Once I start it)

Out of all of the fics I have read in the past I don't recall not even one where the main character died.

Well, I was just trying to be original. This fic was just one of many, as the title says...I was trying to make it stand out of the crowd.

I believe you meant our instead of out right?

-_- Whoops. I'll go edit that right now...

Otherwise the description was superb.

I'm glad it was:)

It was an incredible story and your prologue or epilogue I am looking forward to. Kudos on your first fic and how you stuck with it no matter how long it took.

~roo~

Thanks again, all of you. The eppilogue is almost done...I hate to think OoM is almost over...I hope my next fic can live up to it!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Double post=new chapter! Well, it's not really a chapter, as you will see. Read, review, and enjoy, guys!

One Of Many-The End of All Things

One Half of a Day after the incidents of Chapter Twelve

Logan Clements opened her eyes. It was a strange sensation to her. Her eyes had been closed for a long time, and upon opening them, she was hit by an overwhelming wave of color. She moaned and went to rub her eyes. There was something wrong with the way her arms moved, though. They were oddly stiff, and she felt a tickling sensation in her back.

“I wouldn’t try that, if I were you. Your spinal cord has just been replaced. Any movement will be awkward for another two or three days.” The voice was vaguely familiar to Logan, with a bit of a funny accent to it. If she were herself, she would have realized whose it was immediately. But, she had a fuzzy feeling in her brain, like she was still half asleep. She realized she her senses were nullified, too.

“Don’t try and fight the sedative. You will feel much pain if you try to remember recent events.” Logan nodded to the unknown figure, and sunk back into sleep. Any thoughts could wait.

………………………………………………

“She’s starting to wake, Nurse Joy. The sedative is weakening. Should I tell her the truth?” Skylar stood in front of the family members of Logan Clements and the late Tracey Morgan, but spoke only to Nurse Joy. He could not bear to look at any of the family members, seeing as he was the cause of this misery. Any other guests had long since gone, but Skylar remained. He felt a personal connection with the two young children that not even their family members had.

“She will want to know the truth immediately, Skylar.”

“Yes, but she will be unhappy knowing the truth.”

“Prolonging the truth will merely cause more pain when she finds out. You cannot cover the death of a best friend easily.”

“You are right. But it will not be easy,” Skylar said, a hint of disdain appearing in his voice. He did not want any more pain.

“I never said it would be.” Nurse Joy looked away. The penetrating stare of the man was becoming too great for her.

“How is she?” asked Logan’s mother, Pat.

“She is still weak. The sedative is wearing off, though. Soon it will be time to tell her the truth.”

“The truth will be so devastating to her.”

“I am aware of that. Did you think that the news was not hard on us, too? We’re his parents!” Mark Morgan cried out angrily.

“I never said that.”

“Mark, stop jumping at people’s throats. It will not bring Tracey back,” Beth Morgan said soothingly, pulling him into her arms. The couple had numerous tear lines on their cheeks, signs of recent weeping.

“I just wanted to talk to him…one last time.”

………………………………………………

“C’mon, Charmeleon, try again. Meteor Mash!” yelled a slightly nasal voice. The Pokemon Trainer Vincent was attempting to teach his prized Pokemon the Steel type move Meteor Mash. It wasn’t working too well.

“Char!” yelled the deep, bloodred Pokemon. Its fierce eyes glowed a dull gold color as its large, fierce claws shone in the darkness of the cave. It bared its teeth and jumped at a large boulder that was thrice its size. In one swipe, the boulder broke into two pieces.

“You’re doing it wrong, Charmeleon! You’re supposed to smash it to dust!” Vincent swept the sweat from his dusty brow. His usually spiky strawberry-blonde hair was filled with bits of rock and such. He had been inside Mount Moon for five days, and his Charmeleon was still trying to master Meteor Mash.

“Now, Charmeleon, let’s go over it again-hmm?” Vincent was cut off by a beeping sound. His Poke Gear was calling him.

“Hold on, Charmeleon.” He pulled out his phone card and inserted it in his Poke Gear.

“Hello?”

“Hello, is this Vincent Miller?” asked a male voice. It had a bit of an accent to it…Vincent identified it as Japanese.

“Yes, that’s me!”

“This is Skylar.”

“Skylar, the head of Team Skye?”

“If that is what you wish to call me.” The voice was weary and exhausted sounding.

“What do you want with me? I’m no criminal!”

“I’m not trying to recruit you, Vince.”

“That’s Vincent.”

“Yeah, okay. Does the name Logan Clements sound familiar to you?”

“Vaguely.”

“How about Tracey Morgan?”

“I’m remembering that name…”

“Diego Fuentes?”

“Those are all names of people from Pallet Town. What do you want with them?”

“Nothing! I’m reformed, alright? Now, to cut to the chase-Tracey Morgan is dead. Logan Clements was traveling with him. She is alive, but they were both injured on my account. For Tracey’s parent’s wish to be acknowledged, I was to call up all of Pallet town’s trainers. Come to the Cerulean Pokemon Center. Will you answer my call?”

Vincent took the news silently. Tracey-wasn’t he that kid with the Bulbasaur? And Skylar-a murderer? But he had said he was reformed!

“Vincent?”

“I’ll be there.”

………………………………………………

Logan Clements sat up. She had awoken again, and her back ached. But now she was able to move fluently. She rubbed her eyes, and suddenly remembered.

“Tracey!” She looked around. She wasn’t in the Pokemon Center’s hotel room. She was in some sort of hospital. She looked around. Where was everybody? Her eyes landed on a small cart, where Bulby and Rikelec were laying, unmoving. They were covered in a substance that looked horribly like dried blood.

“Bulby, Rikelec, wake up! Where’s Tracey?”

They didn’t answer. Logan looked to the bed next to hers for an answer. She saw Tracey, but he looked different. He was pale, too pale. And the bed had a card on it. She couldn’t believe what it said:

Surgery Failed.

“No!” Logan started crying. Tracey was dead!

“You can’t! No!” she screeched. The door of her room flew open. Standing in the doorway were five people. Nurse Joy, her mom, her dad…Vincent? And, in the back, was a fifth figure. With better light, Logan realized it was Skylar.

“You! What are you doing here?”

“It’s okay, Logan. Skylar is reformed, now.” Joe Clements stepped into the room, and ran to his daughter’s side.

“I’m so glad you’re okay!”

“Dad, something’s wrong with the hospital. They said that Tracey’s dead!” Logan was shaking with remorse.

“Logan….they aren’t lying.”

“But-they have to be. Tracey can’t die!”

“I am sorry about your friend, Miss Clements.” Skylar stepped forward, and Logan could see actual sadness in his usually cold eyes.

“What are you doing here?”

“Logan, sweetie, Skylar…don’t take this the wrong way…Skylar…”

“I am the reason Tracey is dead. The reason you now lay in a stretcher, when by rights you should be traveling the countryside, free as the wind.”

“You…you killed Tracey?”

“I admit, I did not directly kill him. That was my Fearow. But, I was the cause of your friend’s death.”

“Tracey! No, you’re lying! Tracey, wake up!” Logan started swiping at Skylar, trying to rid the world of this evil man.

“You have every right to be angry, Logan. But killing me will not bring Tracey back.”

“He’s not dead! He wouldn’t die without me! Tracey, wake up!”

“Logan, stop this. Tears will be of no use here. Put away your grief, no more tears. You must accept that Tracey really is, truly, gone.”

“No!” Logan cried again, before slumping into her bed, sobbing. Tracey Morgan was dead, she knew it. She couldn’t accept it. Logan Clements lay down, trying to escape. She closed her eyes. Sleep would be most helpful, now, thought Skylar. He turned stiffly, and walked out the room. Vincent stayed behind. He looked down at Tracey.

“Goodbye, Tracey Morgan.”

End of Story

Epilogue:

Logan Clements, although mortified Tracey had died, moved on. She took Skar to Marcus’ house in Vermilion City to complete Tracey’s task. She traveled for five more years, before settling down in Viridian City. At twenty-one, Logan married and had three children. She died at the ripe age of ninety-six.

Skylar, after attending Tracey’s funeral with Logan and friends, was sentenced to twenty years in prison. The grief was too much for him. He passed away three years into his sentence.

Vincent Miller attended Tracey’s funeral as well. He moved on to win the Indigo League. His Team was defeated by Lance the Dragon Master. He journeyed to Johto and challenged Clair, the Dragon Tamer. He lost against her, too. He went to many leagues and gyms. After finally defeating the Orange League, he settled down on Shamouti Island. He met a wonderful woman there. They married, and had seven children. Vincent died at eighty-nine.

Mark and Beth Morgan went back to a quiet life in Pallet Town. Mark Morgan never quite got over the shock, and remained in mourning for his entire life. He died twenty-seven years after this story, at the age of seventy-two. Beth Morgan was able to get over her grief, and lived on after Mark, to ninety-one years old.

Sammy and Courtney Morgan went on to become great people, both of them. Sammy became an apprentice to Nurse Joy in the Pokemon Center in Viridian, and kept in touch with Logan. He remained a bachelor until forty-three. Courtney started with a Charmander from Professor Oak. She went on to conquer the Hoenn League, and the Elite Four. Wallace kept the top spot, however, and Courtney retired to marry at twenty-four, and she gave birth to four children.

Patricia and Joe Clements both rejoiced at Logan’s survival. They went on to give birth to one more child, Andrew, and moved to Vermilion City to retire. Joe died at sixty-four, Pat a year later, at sixty-seven. Andrew died in a car crash, at nineteen years old.

Diego and William Diego Fuentes lived to become a great Pokemon Researcher, and discovered the twelve uses of Dragonite blood. He married at forty-three, and had two children. Diego died at fifty-five. William Ghing grew up to become a Math teacher, just like his father. He never married, saying he was “married to his job”, and died at sixty-three.

Skarmory was released before her master went to jail.

Skar was taken into care by Logan. Her eyesight was healed by Marcus, and she grew to be a fierce predator. She mated and left Logan four years later.

Bulby and Rikelec were buried next to their master. They never awoke from their coma.

One of Many-The End

Well, here we are, at the end of all things-how was it?

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Cs32

SUGAR!!!
woa, great ending to your first fic bulba. I bet you'll be making more even better fics then this later on

I

Indigo

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.

Hope to see more from you in the future, Bulbs. In fact, I know I will.

R

roodude15

interesting last chapter you have. You really had the description set well and it still surprised me till the end. The only thing that bothered me was that I think both of Tracy's parents should have died instead of the dad cause since Tracy dies, then his dad, his mom would be all alone. Otherwise it was very good. Once again kudos for a good story Bulba.

~roo~

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
woa, great ending to your first fic bulba. I bet you'll be making more even better fics then this later on

You will. Trust me!

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Isn't much to say that hasn't already been said.

Well, I'm glad it's nice:)

Hope to see more from you in the future, Bulbs. In fact, I know I will.

You know it!

interesting last chapter you have. You really had the description set well and it still surprised me till the end.

Glad I set it like that, then.

The only thing that bothered me was that I think both of Tracy's parents should have died instead of the dad cause since Tracy dies, then his dad, his mom would be all alone.

Sorry you were bothered by that, roo. I felt that Tracey's dad should die first because...

1. Guys die first

2. He was the more "I hated you in life, but I love you in death" type guy. Like Denethor in the Lord of the Rings, if you've read it. So, he died with his son(only twenty some years later:eek:)

Once again kudos for a good story Bulba.

~roo~

Same to you(sorta...well, you know...)

If you guys have any final words, speak now of forever hold your peace:)

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Blue Aurora

For Mother Russia!
Great way to end it, but how about my idea of reincarnation? Do you think that Tracey could end up as a new Pokemon? How come his Electrike and Bulbasaur never got out of their coma?

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Well, if I used your idea, that'd be stealing, wouldn't it? Bulby and Rikelec had such a strong bond with Tracey that they could not live while he did not. I wanted to show the bond a trainer has with his Pokemon. Glad you liked it, though!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

M

Motig

Pretty good Bulba, The girls died at extremely high ages. I still don't get why its called One of Many, perhaps you can explain.

Merry Christmas

Motig

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I wasn't asking that. I said do you think that he's better off somewhere

Well, I did like his character...maybe I'll give some of Tracey's characteristics to my new Main Character? Hmm...

Pretty good Bulba, The girls died at extremely high ages.

Well, generally, women do die after men...

I still don't get why its called One of Many, perhaps you can explain.

Well, he was One of Many trainers from Pallet, just one in he crowd. Does that help?

I'll wait another day or so, and then I'll have to close the fic. So, ask your questions(if you have any) now! Or sometime today.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

A

Amara

wow, great ending! It certainly didn't end the way I thought it would. It was just... great. *laughs* I can't find any better words for it. I loved it. It was a real pleasure reading this fanfic. Good work. :D
Love, Anna

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Thanks, Amara. Wow. I made one girl cry, and another laugh with the same fic. Odd. Well, I'm wrapping up. Any more questions? If all goes well, One of Many goes tonight.

Merry Christmas!
~Bulby ;001;