• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Piece and its Awesomeness

TakenGrace

Champion Sami
One Piece has to be one of my favourite series out there. the only thing I don't like about it is the amount of content per episode is very small and it is killer to have to wait a week just for 8 mins of backstory that we have already seen and luffy throwing 2 punches and then all dialouge for the rest of the episode. if you just started watching it and you don't have to wait every week it ends up not being too bad but still. how are you guys finding the series?

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Fairly average, I don't understand why so many people think it's so great, Gintama is much better.

Dreamy

Yes a very awesome anime, I stopped watching it a few years ago though, so I'm not up to speed on the new stuff.

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I only seen a few episodes when 4Kids dubbed it. I did like it, but 4Kids ruined it all. They should know better - pirates kill and stuff. Don't they watch Pirates of Caribbean -__-;?
But I did like Nami though... I think that's her name and the Narrator of the theme song XD Brock.

That's it, nya~

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
my boyfriend just recently convinced me to watch it with him. he's actually up to date with the series but was willing to rewatch it because i'd never start watching op on my own since it's so long and i don't have the attention span to watch 550+ episodes all by myself. we got up to episode 91 or so, just after they recruited chopper.

the series is decent, better than i expected at least. once you get over the art style it's actually quite enjoyable. so far my favourite characters are sanji and zoro and aarlong's ark was my favourite.

the only thing that pisses me off is not op's fault but kaizoku-fansubs' or whatever they call themselves. english translations should not include words such as nakama, baka, banzai among others. seriously, i've been counting how many times they left nakama untranslated the last few episodes and came up to 28. even if the majority's figured out that nakama is an ally/teammate/partner, it's the responsibility of the translator to translate it for those who don't know. /rant

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I only seen a few episodes when 4Kids dubbed it. I did like it, but 4Kids ruined it all. They should know better - pirates kill and stuff. Don't they watch Pirates of Caribbean -__-;?
But I did like Nami though... I think that's her name and the Narrator of the theme song XD Brock.

That's it, nya~

4Kids destroys every thing, can you imagine if they still had the rights during the [spoil] WhiteBeard arc [/spoil] UGH Nightmares!!

I love this series, ever since I first discovered it I've been reading the manga and watching the anime. Seriously, my favorite series ever to date. Animation at times is off sure, that happens with every anime now and than. A lot of the fights are fun to read/watch and you just gotta love the characters, this one of the few series where you love the main character not a lot of those.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I haven't watched the show, though my brothers are always gushing over how cool it is, and basically begging suggesting I watch it. Not sure when I'll get around to it, though, considering how long the show is up to this point. (Before you point out that Pokémon has more episodes than One Piece, I haven't watched Pokémon since the Hoenn saga.) I don't really have a lot of time and patience for it. The None Piece abridged series is hilarious, though.

From what I do know, is the manga reached or passed its half-way point, and the anime hardly has any filler--and if it does, it was incorporated into the story pretty well. But what do I know of filler, I can't pick out filler episodes at all for the life of me.

I'm honestly rather surprised the creator of One Piece has kept the story consistent. That takes talent. He really planned this story to its fullest.

PokemonAdventures149

One Piece is my second favorite anime of all time. Going into it for the first time I thought it was a bit too childish but I had nothing else going on so I decided I'll watch till episode 50, if I don't like it by then I will stop. And I never stopped :p I am on episode 229 right now (Yes I watch the dub.) One Piece has filler episodes for sure but like the poster above me said, they found a way to incorporate the fillers into the main story so that it almost seems like you're not even watching fillers. The show is great, why you might ask? Well the comedy isn't cheesy for one, the world is massive and all the characters are unique in their own way. If you like watching adventure animes then I don't see how you can pass up One Piece. Yes its long and may seem intimidating at first but once you get passed the first 30 or so episodes you will most likely be hooked.

TakenGrace

Champion Sami
I understand what you mean by the translation bit. But I mean who ever watches anime in japanese is going to pick up words along the way. and besides I personally think Nakama is a more powerful word then friend or ally. During the Arlong ark I think they have a screen at the beginning of the episode saying what all these untranslated words mean and said they are hard to translate. But anyway Yeah I hope you continue watching the series I gets so much better.

4Kids destroys every thing, can you imagine if they still had the rights during the [spoil] WhiteBeard arc [/spoil] UGH Nightmares!!

I love this series, ever since I first discovered it I've been reading the manga and watching the anime. Seriously, my favorite series ever to date. Animation at times is off sure, that happens with every anime now and than. A lot of the fights are fun to read/watch and you just gotta love the characters, this one of the few series where you love the main character not a lot of those.

The only good thing 4Kids did with One Piece, was they stopped dubbing it. If they went any further with it I would have walked over there and jet pistol them right in the face

Last edited by a moderator:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I understand what you mean by the translation bit. But I mean who ever watches anime in japanese is going to pick up words along the way.

i know that they would but that still doesn't justify it imo. fansubs or not, by my standards it would be considered a failure as professional work would never leave out words untranslated unless absolutely necessary. even if nakama means more than an ally but would be translated as such anyway, it would be apparent to the unaware watcher that the characters feel strongly about their crewmates. though honestly, what baffles me most is when they sometimes translate "baka" to "idiot" as it should be and sometimes they just just leave it as it is...

also forget what i said about the arlong arc being my favourite. i'm at alabasta and crocodile is like, my favourite one piece character right now. ouo

Recon

And yet, we would have never heard of OP if it wasn't for 4Kids. Come on, admit it, back in the day, you found the 4Kids dub hilarious. I for one admit it myself, I liked it back then, but looking back at now, it's just trashy.

Also, I want to know if every OP fan has seen this Legendary AMV. It was taken down at one point but eventually re-uploaded by the creator and honestly, it's better than a lot of some of the newer AMVs, despite it's age. Plus, I think it aged pretty damn well.

BlueDragonfangirl

And yet, we would have never heard of OP if it wasn't for 4Kids. Come on, admit it, back in the day, you found the 4Kids dub hilarious. I for one admit it myself, I liked it back then, but looking back at now, it's just trashy.

Also, I want to know if every OP fan has seen this Legendary AMV. It was taken down at one point but eventually re-uploaded by the creator and honestly, it's better than a lot of some of the newer AMVs, despite it's age. Plus, I think it aged pretty damn well.

I didn't pick up On Piece through 4Kids, I think I saw a movie of it at first than I loved the series and watched the entire thing from episode 1 and loved it even more, now I suggest it to people I know HA. I saw a small couple of clips of 4Kids version after watching the English subs and though, my freakin gosh I hated the VAs in English dubbed version Aahhh!! Funimation is a little better but I still can't stand the English dubbed VAs bum bum bum.

Thank goodness they gave the series to Funimationm they've gotten a lot of fans since than, a lot.