• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mêlée

Hey Dogasu, I came here through the link on your site (great site, by the way). I just wanted to say well done on the really in-depth comparison you've done here. You must have put a lot of effort into it. I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing in that episode. It just baffled me. With most of the edits 4Kids does in Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! I can at least understand why they did it, whether I agree with what they did or not. But with One Piece it's a totally different story, I just don't understand most of the edits they've made in it. I mean, even the editing out of blood doesn't make sense to me. If they're trying to make it suitable for kids, I think the blood should be there. By editing it out it's like they're saying "Look, it's OK to slash a huge sword down someone's chest because they don't even bleed!" . . . yeah, great message to be sending to kids. Though then again, the blood thing is probably a decision made by the ratings board or something, not the 4Kids editing squad. *Shrugs.* I don't really know much about who governs these things.

At one stage I was going to make a One Piece episode comparison site, but just when I was about to start it, my copy of dub episode 1 decided to be corrupted, so I never got around to starting it. Now that the episodes are becoming more and more heavily edited, I'm intimidated by the sheer amount of work that would have to go into making such a site, so I doubt it'll ever happen - I'm too lazy. =P

I did, however, sum up my reaction to the "Fantastic Voyage" episode in a badly-drawn comic: here.

Mimori Kiryu

I watch the show anytime I can...but for some reason..I really like the dub theme song o_O Someone please help me with that...

Kecleon Freak

Legendary Pirate
Mêlée said:
Hey Dogasu, I came here through the link on your site (great site, by the way). I just wanted to say well done on the really in-depth comparison you've done here. You must have put a lot of effort into it. I seriously couldn't believe what I was seeing in that episode. It just baffled me. With most of the edits 4Kids does in Pokémon and Yu-Gi-Oh! I can at least understand why they did it, whether I agree with what they did or not. But with One Piece it's a totally different story, I just don't understand most of the edits they've made in it. I mean, even the editing out of blood doesn't make sense to me. If they're trying to make it suitable for kids, I think the blood should be there. By editing it out it's like they're saying "Look, it's OK to slash a huge sword down someone's chest because they don't even bleed!" . . . yeah, great message to be sending to kids. Though then again, the blood thing is probably a decision made by the ratings board or something, not the 4Kids editing squad. *Shrugs.* I don't really know much about who governs these things.

At one stage I was going to make a One Piece episode comparison site, but just when I was about to start it, my copy of dub episode 1 decided to be corrupted, so I never got around to starting it. Now that the episodes are becoming more and more heavily edited, I'm intimidated by the sheer amount of work that would have to go into making such a site, so I doubt it'll ever happen - I'm too lazy. =P

I did, however, sum up my reaction to the "Fantastic Voyage" episode in a badly-drawn comic: here.

The whole thing about the blood edits, I totally agree with you!

Impressionable Kid 1: Hey look! I'm Mihawk! Slice!

Impressionable Kid 2: OW!!

Mom: Bobby! What the hell did you do to Billy!?

Impressionable Kid 1: Don't worry mommy, People don't get hurt! I saw it on TV!

Impressionable Kid 2: Yeah, I'll jus be sent to the Shadow Realm! Ow.. pain.

Or...

Criminal: Get outta my way, kid, or I'll shoot!

Kid: I've seen you guys on TV! You just use Super Soakers!

Criminal: Shoot!

Kid: Aaah! *dies*

In non-dub related news, [SPOIL]I've recently seen the new colorspred, which depicts the Strawhat Pirates along with Franky. Does this mean Franky will join the crew? I hope so![/SPOIL]

MarcmenX

Jynx's husband
Kecleon Freak said:
In non-dub related news, [SPOIL]I've recently seen the new colorspred, which depicts the Strawhat Pirates along with Franky. Does this mean Franky will join the crew? I hope so![/SPOIL]

Aw, I thought [SPOIL]Lucci[/SPOIL] would join... aw well...

RomanMack

Johto Champion
If anyone cares....

Starting August 22nd, One Piece reruns are going to be shown on Cartoon Networks primetime line up at 10:00 PM. It'll replace Teen Titans. It's CN premeres will still be on Toonami though, while it's true new episodes will still be on 4Kidstv.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
I'm not surprised. It's doing really well on Toonami, and there are enough episodes of it to show on weeknights without it getting redundant. Plus, having it being the lead-in show to Dragon Ball Z Uncut will only help its ratings.

If there's a silver lining to this, it's that the weekday reruns makes it less likely that One Piece reruns will stay on Toonami once the new episodes from 4Kids TV runs out. Which will leave room for other, better shows.

Kecleon Freak

Legendary Pirate
MarcmenX said:
Aw, I thought [SPOIL]Lucci[/SPOIL] would join... aw well...

[SPOIL]Lucci? I never thought that he might join the crew...[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]Anyway, I'll bet 4Kids will give Lucci a mobster voice. (Why not, with a name like Lucci). I wonder if they'll try to make Franky sound like Ace Ventura, considering that they look so similar? You never can tell with 4Shame.[/SPOIL]

EDIT:

I have horrible news. The newest episode title is "Saving Nami".

Do you know what this means!?

THEY'RE CUTTING LITTLE GARDEN!!! The original version was at episode 78 when Drum started, and we'll be at 48! That's 30 ferking episodes!!! WHAT THE SMIGGING HELL IS 4****ers THINKING!!!? If this keeps up, we'll be at Arabasta by 60!! Luffy will have beaten Crocodile by episode 70! We'll be past Skypiea by 90!!

Our anime has been violated. It has been torn to shreds, leaving a shadow of its former greatness. I hope you're happy, Al Kahn, you psycho, you've thoroughly ****** me off. I grew up with One Piece, and thanks to you and your 4Kids(I'm beginning to think that's all the company is), a new generation will grow up to never know the greatness of this anime masterpiece.

I I I I
I I
I R.I.P I
I OP I

Last edited:

zeroX20

Indigo Champion
what the hell is 4kids thinking while the hell are they skipping little garden. it is important to the story of the show. Now it wont make any since, what are they thinking.

zeroX20

Indigo Champion
yep your probably right. it must be part of al kahn big plan to bring 4kids out of its decline. I read a report and he thinks that making a bratz show, bringing Magical doremi, and making G.I. Joe sigma will bring them out of their slump.

As well as using yugioh GX. In my opinion this anime should not be shown until after yugioh has completed.

T

Tokagero

How can they skip Little Garden?! *sigh* 4Kids is really screwing up One Piece... (I'm looking forward to seeing Mr. 2, but I'm afraid of what they'll do to him...)

RomanMack

Johto Champion
I'd say THIS is the dub that truly made 4Kids a shitty dubbing company. All this skipping makes no sence at all... I bet if we'll ask them why exactly they are skipping so much episodes they'll reply with a " Ahhhhhh...?" Freaking retards.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
The Golden Rule (Should be):

If it needs to be edited, it should be shown to a audience where the original content does not need to be altered.

You know, I wonder if they started showing Animé in Primetime slots, as faithful dubs, if the series' would get more attention and draw in even non-Animé fans. But the nagin the only people who keep their Animé (relatively) unaltered are FUNimation, Pioneer (I think) and Bandai, ADV too.

So how many episodes are now removed from the 4K'rap TV Edited version? Last time I counted it was Twenty episodes.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
This will make like 30 something missing episodes... Truely pathetic. I say, if you've seen the original theres no reason for you to see this mess. Let the little kids have this version. And pray to God we get an ACTUAL dub later in the future. I really don't know what 4Kids was thinking doing all this... Kahn is a *****. He truly is.

MarcmenX

Jynx's husband
Prediction for the dub:

Luffy: I don't want to be pirate king any more! I'm just going to help people for now on! *Smile*

YOU KNOW 4KIDS might do something like this!

Kecleon Freak

Legendary Pirate
Prediction:

*The Strawhat Pirates meet Chopper and Nami is cured*

Al Kahn: ZAP!!

* the pirates find themselves in Skypiea*

Zor-Zolo: Where are we?

Sanji: Zeff told me that there are magical portals in the Grand Line that take you to other places! *insert pointless non-existant flashback*

Luffy: Wow, Vivi! You dyed your hair black and grew taller! That's cool!

Robin: Uhh.. yeah! Let's go with that!

Usopp: My voice makes small children cry.

That's what'll happen after Drum, i just know it.

MarcmenX

Jynx's husband
Kecleon Freak said:
Prediction:

*The Strawhat Pirates meet Chopper and Nami is cured*

Al Kahn: ZAP!!

* the pirates find themselves in Skypiea*

Zor-Zolo: Where are we?

Sanji: Zeff told me that there are magical portals in the Grand Line that take you to other places! *insert pointless non-existant flashback*

Luffy: Wow, Vivi! You dyed your hair black and grew taller! That's cool!

Robin: Uhh.. yeah! Let's go with that!

Usopp: My voice makes small children cry.

That's what'll happen after Drum, i just know it.

You are SO right (Not being sarcastic, they really might do that)

zeroX20

Indigo Champion
I guess their is either something wrong with the broadcaster or 4kids is skipping one of their own episodes.

and it is not officially clear that 4kids is skipping coby's arc and little garden arc.

and also since when has nami not thought about money.

" Well after hearing that I will do it without a reward". that's 4kids dialogue for ya

Kyohaku

Master Coordinator
*sighs*. Yep, 4Kids has screwed up, like every other anime they dub. I mean, how can they skip 20 episodes?

Status
Not open for further replies.