• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Kamex said:
Was Mr. 11 previously in the anime before? Pretty quick to have him killed off, but I'm glad 4Kids kept it in.

And I was pretty surprised about the riceballs, too. It's like a new food's been invented in a 4Kids dub.

The Vanilla Ice reference was funny too, even though the guy has no place in the world of One Piece.

You remember when Luffy was fighting Krieg, on the Baratie? And remember the fire that, IIRC, Pearl caused? Remember it being blue? Well why was that? I think I remember it had something to do with some kind of censoring trick, like blue fire looks less harmless (even though it's actually hotter than regular red fire). Well, maybe I'm wrong, but perhaps letting Trace literally catch on fire and spread fire all around, regular red fire, is another case of lightening up on the editing?

Not to mention another mention of death, even if it wasn't direct, was that lady that was talking to Crocodile saying something like, "A pack of Billions ships were eliminated, not a man was left" (VERY paraphrased). I dunno, sounded a bit more carefree of the censors IMO.
Pearl's blue fire was in the original too.

And Mr.11 was shown in the beggining episode of the Drum arc. I think... "Saving Nami". Smoker/Chaser already has him tied up in his Navy ship.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
RomanMack said:
Pearl's blue fire was in the original too.
Really? I coulda sworn I heard it was edited. I'm probably thinking of something else.

And Mr.11 was shown in the beggining episode of the Drum arc. I think... "Saving Nami". Smoker/Chaser already has him tied up in his Navy ship.
I had a feeling he was in some edited episode. Well, his earlier appearance was still apparently a short one.

Kez

Hoenn Champion
Well, I have watched the Dub, and thought that it was OK, but wondered why there was so little blood to say it was about pirates, now i know. So i have been watching the subbed, but I was wandering how many episodes there have been aired in japan. I am so far upto episode 10.

Kecleon Freak

Legendary Pirate
There are 260 episodes in Japan. K-F has subbed up to 179.

Blazefan17

is the best
I geuss the japanese is better but dub is still bearable even after what 4kids has done to it. I still watch the dub even though it is not as good as the jap. version.

Guess I just like onepiece in general!

You apparently like it enough to bump a 8 month old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.