• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Piece

Rex Kamex

ShadowReaper said:
One Piece is awesome. I love the Anime but have yet to read the Manga although I heard good things about it. I watch the 4 kids version and personally dont see anything wrong with it.

Well, the dub version isn't 100% bad anyway.

Volume 8 of One Piece is coming to America next month, in October. I'm still not sure exactly what day Volume 39 is coming in Japan. It's amazing how many volumes it's gotten. At its rate, it'll beat the amount of volumes Dragon Ball has. (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is quite another story.)

EDIT: By the way, what are all the names of the three great powers that rule the Grand Line? Of course, there's the seven warlords, but has the Japanese One Piece given the other powers' names away by 300+ chapters yet?

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
MJC CartoGuy said:
Well, the dub version isn't 100% bad anyway.

Volume 8 of One Piece is coming to America next month, in October. I'm still not sure exactly what day Volume 39 is coming in Japan. It's amazing how many volumes it's gotten. At its rate, it'll beat the amount of volumes Dragon Ball has. (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is quite another story.)

EDIT: By the way, what are all the names of the three great powers that rule the Grand Line? Of course, there's the seven warlords, but has the Japanese One Piece given the other powers' names away by 300+ chapters yet?
I'm not sure but I belive the second power would be the three best fighters in the navy. I forgot their names though. I'll check later.

Rex Kamex

Never mind about the Volume 39 thing. I found out on the Anime News Network site that it's coming on October 4th.

Poison Master

A Local Person
I think the only names of the 7 Powers that I know of is [Spoil] Crocodile, Mihawk and the guy who gave Bellamy his crew(I think) Theres also a merman one too if I remember correctly[/SPoil]

C

Carnifex

The seven pirate gods are Crocodile (former), Mihawk, Jinbei (merman), Donquixote Doflamingo (guy who gave Bellamy his crew), Bisoromi Bear. Those are all the ones that we know and Crocodile might be replaced by Blackbeard.

Bibi Nefertari

*glomps James*

Rex Kamex

Might be nitpickier, but you mean Yosaku. But thanks you guys for the names.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
ee; sorry it been so long since I've read that. Eh can never get their names right. >> That wasn't a viz scan though, it was fan translation.

MugenKeiji

THERE'S NO $50 HERE!
[SPOIL]I prefer to call the Shichibukai "The Seven Sea Warriors" or "Warlords" in place of Warriors. It's more accurate, as "Gods" is not in the translation. "Knights" can sort of work too, since "Bu" implies honor or chivalry. "Shichi" means "seven" and "kai" is the secondary way of saying "sea"[/SPOIL]

Did anyone think about this?

[SPOIL]Luffy uses an 'attack' on Crocodile in which he chomps Croc in half. Now, water hardens sand. So does blood. I'm PRETTY sure saliva does the same thing too. Wouldn't Sir Crocodile be DEAD after being chomped by Luffy if he was inside his mouth? [/SPOIL]

Last edited:
T

Tokagero

Yup, yup! I remember Dragon. I don't know too much about him, but he has the power of wind, right? (Actually, that's all I know...)

Rex Kamex

Well, I thought Volume 39 would've come by now, but I don't have a picture on it. I think Volume 40 will come either in the late November or early December.

Ohtachi

mia san mia
Carnifex said:
I was wondering if anybody else here had read this manga and if you had what you thought of it.

I have read it and i think that its really good.

Sorry if theres already a thread to discuss this manga.

I LOVE the Manga but HATE the Anime. Luffy sounds like a girl. They seriously need new Voice Actors. Pirates rule!!

Rex Kamex

That is the fault of the dub. It was said earlier that the Japanese version is pretty good.

Rex Kamex

No, not everything. When it comes to many dubs, it's best to stick to the Japanese version. Then again, there are still some dubs that are better than the originals.

Anyway, I still don't know what Volume 39 looks like...

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Pac-Man Jr. said:
Everything Japanese is always better than Everything American. That is why. I wish I was Japanese.
Two words Cowboy Bebop. It was handeled way better in english.
Ontopic: I'm still waiting for anything after 381 to be translated. <_<

Last edited: