• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Pokemon Wonder

Should we allow Dragonite to have Multiscale or not?

• Keep it

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No Multiscale

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
Kyugrem is going to be my entry then

i dont understand why landorus is banned... but then the musketeer trio is not, or even dragonite for that matter who gets multiscale, and not every pokemon can set up rocks to take it out

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Kyugrem is going to be my entry then

i dont understand why landorus is banned... but then the musketeer trio is not, or even dragonite for that matter who gets multiscale, and not every pokemon can set up rocks to take it out

i agree to terrakion with cc could ko a lot of pokes easy and d nite with multiscale will be a hard to take down

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
I'm pretty sure everyone's accepted. Excadrill and Garchomp aren't banned because they can't set up their own reliable sandstorm. Also, abilities can be neutralised with moves such as Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Entrainment and Simple Beam. Though, admittedly, there aren't many pokemon that can learn these moves. Also, there are another 8 spaces available.

Last edited:

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Be sure to read my updated post, Pokemonpa7. I had to change my PO name due to complications on Smogon.

EmeraldGoblin

Rehab, no. Dead.
I'm pretty sure everyone's accepted. Excadrill and Garchomp aren't banned because they can't set up their own reliable sandstorm. Also, abilities can be neutralized with moves such as Gastro Acid, Skill Swap, Worry Seed, Entrainment and Simple Beam. Though, admittedly, there aren't many pokemon that can learn these moves. Also, there are another 8 spaces available.
so what you are telling me is... dragonite with multiscale... i need a waste a turn neutralizing it? while in that one turn he sets up DD... oh wait... now he outruns my whole team..... :/
a team of six dragonite with multiscale is not going to be easy to take down considering that not even ice beams can take it down, unless it is stab, or choice specs even then its not guaranteed.... :/

It should have been banned from the beginning but that's fine since its probably broken. I'm keeping Dragonite though.

Might as well just ban it. I'm fine with not using it and I don't expect to win the vote anyway so..

Ninja Dog

Banned
I still think Garchomp should be banned, even without sandstorm. Also why is stuff like Tornadus banned?

Takeo

I still think Garchomp should be banned, even without sandstorm. Also why is stuff like Tornadus banned?

see this is exactly what i didnt want, everything has its niches, you can deal with them by thinking, i was never afraid of Dragonite. btw if you dont know by experience, Tornadrus and its siblings out run anything not scarf'ed or boosted and even 1 hit KO's anything not sashed. anything with good defensive's, it still 2 KO's

see this is exactly what i didnt want, everything has its niches, you can deal with them by thinking, i was never afraid of Dragonite. btw if you dont know by experience, Tornadrus and its siblings out run anything not scarf'ed or boosted and even 1 hit KO's anything not sashed. anything with good defensive's, it still 2 KO's

Yes because Tornadus has such an amazing stab move out of rain.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
Name:the3rdH0kage
PO Name:the3rdH0kage
Partner Pokemon:Garchomp

Nothing except stuff thats already ubers should be banned since every OU poke needs support to work and since this tourney involves using only one Pokemon, everything in OU is beatable 1v1(even Dragonite is ****ed up by something that learns an Ice Move and something that can set up rocks). Even if Dragonite can win against a lot of pokes, it loses against a lot too. Nothings wrong with using moves like Worry Seed / status/ Trick to mess up Dragonite since that's the whole point. It all comes to match ups like in pretty much every other battle...

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
^ that is true. SR isn't too prominent but there are definetly enough pokemon that get it. If your first one sets it up dnites multiscale is useless, and all their dnites will start at 75% HP.

Nothing except stuff thats already ubers should be banned since every OU poke needs support to work and since this tourney involves using only one Pokemon, everything in OU is beatable 1v1(even Dragonite is ****ed up by something that learns an Ice Move and something that can set up rocks). Even if Dragonite can win against a lot of pokes, it loses against a lot too. Nothings wrong with using moves like Worry Seed / status/ Trick to mess up Dragonite since that's the whole point. It all comes to match ups like in pretty much every other battle...

Yes because everything has an ice move (besides HP Ice, which doesn't matter because almost no ice move OHKO's Dnite with Multiscale) and can set rocks up. Lets also waste a turn using something like Worry Seed so the opponent can just DD up for free like Multiscale lets it do in the first place and proceed to start slammin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.