• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Song = Dem Feelz

Djura

99% chance to hit
Dark Souls II
King Vendrick

Hauntingly beautiful, especially once you find out what happened to the King of Drangleic.

Last edited:

Innocentmercy

Rogue Galaxy's OST "Shadow of the Sun" gave me dem feels :'L

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
In terms of pure nostalgia rushes and songs I like there are a couple...
Wizpig's race theme from Diddy Kong racing is just a nostalgic overload. Diddy Kong Racing was the first game I ever played. I heard this song a lot on my childhood as my dad and I tried to beat Wizpig for the first time. Seriously if that beginning rift to that song didn't get stuck in your head by the time you were done you weren't playing Diddy Kong Racing.
The ending credits from Sonic Adventure 2 is also a song that brings a rush of nostalgia. SA2 was my first console game I beat on my own and was my introduction into the sonic fandom.
Meaning of Birth in Tales of the Abyss. I was pretty high on this game for a while I had played Symphonia and liked it but this is the Tales of game that I REALLY got attached to. I loved the characters and the story was just pure joy. So when this song kicked in during your final battle with Asch I lost my ****. The music just fit so god damn well. It gave me this rush of energy to just plow through the rest of the game. The song is just so energetic and epic I couldn't contain myself. Funny story to that song is that I was actually spoiled to it before I even played the game. I thought the music was awesome and that's the reason I played Abyss to begin with. I didn't know an orchestral pice would lead me to putting this in my top 10 games of all time list. I played through the game waiting for this track to come up and when it finally did I couldn't help feeling "Yes, this is the perfect placement for this song." If anyone else played Abyss and liked it I think you would agree.
And the ending melody to Pokemon RBY. It was the first game I beat on my own flat out period. So when it ended and the ending theme kicked in I got kinda teary eyed, I still do. And this was back when I was only 8 mind you, I was affected by this game that much. The ending to GSC is also kinda like that but not as much. Just when that beginning portion chimes in I just feel my heart well up because THAT's my childhood. I've never felt something as emotional as beating that game...until recently.

However, the ONE song that never fails to give me feels
Kiseki, the ending credits to Pokemon X and Y. I know it's super recent but god damnit if that song didn't ever give me the feels. The only times I've ever gotten misty eyed to a video game were Pokemon RBY, SA2's ending, Tales of the Abyss's ending, and now X and Y's ending. I don't know I think it's because I marathoned the game hard. I truly did love almost every bit of X and Y. I haven't felt this way about a Pokemon game since RBY. So by the time I beat it I felt like I was 8 years old again. And god damnit when this song came up I couldn't help let a few tears out. The lyrics just want to make me rip my heart out, even when I just hear it. I don't think it has as much weight as it does just beating the game but it really is an emotional joyride that I can't get enough of. Every time I hear it or look at X and Y I say "THIS is why i'm a pokemon fan, THIS is why I love this series so much and THIS is what i've been waiting so long for." No other generation up to this point has made me feel literally overwhelmed with emotions, again bar RBY. Its a generation that I will continually return to and will always hold dear in my heart. One that truly re-sparked my interest after 4th and 5th gen left me so empty and wanting.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I had an essay of a post written out just for Pokemon themes, but I'm just going to list them instead. Some of these are nostalgic, some are emotional, some give me the chills, but they're all great. If I was listing just my favorites in general, I'd be here for days.

Pokemon
Emerald Frontier Brain Battle
Barry Battle

Golden Sun
Main Theme (Dark Dawn)
Isaac Battle Theme

Mega Man
Battle Network 6: Battle Field
Starforce 3: Radio Virus Busting
Departure (MMZ2)
Esperanto (MMZ4)

Paper Mario
Title Screen (Paper Mario)
Rogueport (TTYD)

Final Fantasy
FF3 Battle Theme

Fire Emblem
Beyond the Skies (Binding Blade)
With Us! (Path of Radiance)
Id~Purpose (Awakening)

Ace Attorney
Pursuit ~ Cornered
A New Trial is in Session!

There are tons more from each of these series as well as others, but I'll leave it at that. I've already spent at least two hours just listening to these ones.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Sanctuary by Utada Hikaru, from Kingdom Hearts II
I just loved everything about this song. The fact that KHII was a great game made this song better. This was the first videogame commercial that I've ever "WOWED" at. The song also brings back great childhood memories of a simpler time and playing this game
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ysDIvrXhGTk

Opening Music, from Donkey Kong Country. One of the very first games I've ever played. In fact, IIRC, this might have been the VERY FIRST game I've finished (all KONG symbols and seeing the end credits). I don't know if this music has a name, but if it does, please tell me. Hearing this music just makes me nostalgic about the past. I remember my aunt giving me an SNES, with this game and a few others. Games that are not as advanced as today's games, but were still extremely fun and well done.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u01jTJxEFMA

By one song, I meant one song from each game, but I'm gonna have to direct you to this playlist.
http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5A099F62E25C407E
I loved everything about X-Men Mutant Apocalypse for the SNES! This was another of the few games that my aunt gave me with my SNES. I never; and have yet, to finish the game, but i know was extremely close to the final boss (I saw a whole playthrough on Youtube). I thought the game had a lot of polish, the game looked really great, and the 5 X-Men were great and played differently. Again, the music in this game makes me feel extremely nostalgic. I wish it would come out on the e-Shop :( also, to this day, I'm still waiting for Psylocke in the movies. And I want Gambit re-introduced. Origins Gambit was okay, but I expected way more.

Canto

Nothing nostalgia related, but Don't Speak Her Name from Fire Emblem: Awakening (Spoiler warning for the comments on the video) is probably one of the most emotional pieces of music in a video game that I've ever heard. This song gave me chills the first time I heard it. When you consider what just happened right before you hear it (I won't talk about it because spoilers), it'll just mess your feels up.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Nothing nostalgia related, but Don't Speak Her Name from Fire Emblem: Awakening (Spoiler warning for the comments on the video) is probably one of the most emotional pieces of music in a video game that I've ever heard. This song gave me chills the first time I heard it. When you consider what just happened right before you hear it (I won't talk about it because spoilers), it'll just mess your feels up.

Really good song.

Pretty much anything from Wind Waker gets me going, but for dem feelz Outset Island and the Title Theme do it. Also Raine's theme from Tales of Symphonia makes me want to crai everytiem. There's probably a ton of tracks I could think of if I spent a couple minutes on this. But those are what I immediately think of.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Lon Lon Ranch, from The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsPS5ubApoE

I don't know why, but it just hits home for me. It's not even a nostalgia thing, as my first time playing OoT was in 2011, with OoT3D. There's just something about this song that hits me right in the guys and feels. It makes me wanna cry sometimes :(

Oops: forgot to add a link (heh heh get it? Link? Because Link is from Zelda, and so is the song... I'll see myself out)

Recon

That track.

THAT TRACK.

However, I think the track that occurs right before Don't Speak Her Name is played is probably stronger. The title is simply "......" which basically sums up the whole scenario at that point. It's a solemn piece that just really hammers the situation, with Don't Speak Her Name as the final nail in the coffin.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Celes (Final Fantasy VI). It's the song that plays when
Celes tries to commit suicide.

Then Searching For Friends plays when you get the airship back, and it's the world map theme from then on. It's pretty powerful in context.

Elegy (Devil Survivor 2). It's the "you dun ****ed up and killed a character off permanently" song.

Pokemon Black/White 2's credits. It's a "this is the end of a generation, thank you for playing, until we meet again" song.

Oh, and Kiseki from X/Y. I watch it every time I beat the Elite Four, and I have the song memorized now

JesskaEspy

Of course I do! And I actually got into playing it again and it sent chills up my spine.
It's from a game called Fur Fighters (unfortunately not all that known) for the PS2. There was a lot of my young tween hours spent on that game.

And this song. . .
This one right here.

Makes me remember that whole time period. Wish I could relive it. There's of course others, but this is just the most recent and relevant.

I remember playing that game when I was younger, I often look for walkthroughs on youtube for that sense of nostalgia

Last edited: