• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team! (559)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
The Final Showdown! Pokémon Triathlon!

It's the end of the Summer School and time to see who is the most triumphant. How is this eventually determined? By a Triathlon race over land, sea and sky. Each trainer has to choose a random Pokéball for their companion for each part making it a very hard contest of strength, skill and knowledge. Who will win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Man, why is it that all the tomboys or the non-feminine girls are always the ones who get a crush on Ash? Aoi blushing over Ash reminds me of Anabel from Battle Frontier.

Anyone notice that the girls who are actually feminine have no interest in Ash, yet the girls who are "manly" or "tomboyish" are always the ones who end up liking him?

I guess you can chalk up Aoi on the list of girls who have liked Ash in the series.

The best about this ep was the music.

It used a LOT of old Kanto music that we haven't heard in years - for instance the Charmeleon -> Charizard music that was last used in the Johto League when Heracross pwned Magmar.

uber gon

Accept Change
I SO want to see Aoi in the Sinnoh League.:)

Maybe she'll beat Paul's pokémon.

BlueDragonfangirl

HAHAHA I knew Aoi would crush on Ash in the endXD
Hey it'd be great if Aoi ended up in the Sinnoh Leugue.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Only one image can describe this episode.

[img139]http://www.159ownersclub.it/public/forum/articoli/wacky/WACKY%20RACES.jpg[/img139]

- So apparently they race from a bundle of generic trees and through a giant potato and the winners must stand on a T-shaped Tetris Block. That's the impression I got from the chalkboard drawing, anyways.
- Jeepers, it's the Creeper! ...I mean Conway.
- For a second there I thought Brock was going to have a Hulk moment.
- Pochama...RECALLED!? Now the poor little Japanese kiddies will go through shocks and withdrawals!
- Oh, thank goodness Hippowdon gets to appear in a well-animated episode. And it's STILL ugly.
- Background characters...just so expendable.
- Oh, I see now. The potato was supposed to be a lake.
- *insert mandatory Dawn/Sharpedo joke*
- Conway + Sharpedo + Dawn all in the same scene...
- Biggest laugh thus far in the episode goes to Jessie & Magikarp.
- Bottomless pit in a cave...at least in Donkey Kong Country, I had a few extra lives when I'd fall down one.
- And a good ol' CG bonfire to top things off. But no farewell for Conway?

Great way to finish off an inconsistent arc. It'd be a real shame not to see Aoi again, but not seeing Conway again would be the biggest crime of all. Of course, I think Holly deserves a return first. As for the shipping, I'm going to continue not caring about this series' romances.

TeddiUrsa

I´d be lying when I say that I highly enjoyed this mini-arc. The lake episode was boring except for Kouhei and the ghost episode was somewhat nice, but nothing too special. But nevertheless, the first episode of this mini-arc was brilliant and today´s episode surely made up for the lame lake-episode.
It had a lot humor, awesome characters like Kouhei and Jessie had more than enough moments to shine, cool animation, lots of different Pokemon ( too bad most of them didn´t get much screentime...) and even some cute scenes beside Mr. Tomboy-lover and Mrs. Tomboy.

Aoi needs to return later in this series. Preferable as a Masamune-like rival during the league. I really like her, for some reason she reminds me of Seiya from Sailor Moon...maybe because her japanese VA sounds kinda like Seiya´s German VA...
I wish we had seen more of her Pokémon though.

Kouhei quickly jumps into my top 10 list of my favourite characters ( wait...I don´t have such a list....but..urrr..you know what I mean ^^ ). ALL of his scenes in this episode were awesome. His digging through the ground, his diving under Hikari and Brock ( he sure likes to be underground), his fanboying over Hikari and Musalina, his funny walking, how he crossed the finishing line etc.
Like Aoi, he NEEDS to return. As he is kinda linked to both, Hikari and Musalina, a contest with him would be more than awesome.

Too bad Brock didn´t even mention his own Onix when he got his rental one. Or did he?
And as stated before, I think some rental Pokémon could have needed some more screentime like the spring-pig or the Hippo ( because it deserves more screentime with a good AD after its HORRIBLE debut episode) and...of course...the rentals from episode 1 of this Summer school arc.
I can´t help it but think that this arc would have been so much better if the first rentals would have stayed with the characters for the whole arc.

I liked how Ash and Aoi had a nice little moment at the end of the episode. Yeah, I´m a sucker for moments like that...-.-

I found it really cute how Musalina reacted towards her own little fanclub at the end when they thanked her. How unexpected. Jessie really is a GREAT character. She doesn´t get enough love in the fandom :(

I wish Kouhei had some kind of goodbye but instead we saw how he picked up some food...meh...

Looking back, this arc wasn´t perfect and not all episodes were enjoyable, but I liked the feeling of it. Kinda like YuGiOh-GX ( not that I´m into YuGiOh :p). I like school themed scenarios and it was refreshing to see something like this in Pokémon.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I think it was a gr8 episode to end the arc with. By the way, what happened when Ash won the race?

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
lol i know how conway and jessie felt at the end i ran track in grades 6 & 7 and i was always beat towards the end lol anyways this episode wasnt all too great but had some funny moments like Jessie getting a Magikarp lol

Dax

Legend
Jessie with her Hippowdon and Magikarp and Conway appearing and suddenly disappearing made this episode for me. Definitely a great episode.

I’m still not happy with Shinx’s voice. It’s a generic cute voice…=/

Garchomps’s part was also pretty funny.

This episode just confirmed why I like Jessie and Conway so much. Great characters with tons of potential of entertainment. Sure, Aoi should return. She's a great character too.

uber gon

Accept Change

ShadowDragon16

Quite odd, they had Fully evolved pokemon for the race, Garchomp, Shiftry, Hippowdon, Blastoise, Camerupt and Ash got Spoink. Talk about luck of the draw.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
This episode was great, epecially the part with the Garchomp, he's so cute ^^.Yet again Conway made me laugh so much, they way he taunted Jessie then ran with his hands in a rather strange postition and then the way he appeared in front of Hikari and Takeshi on floatzel then sank again. ^^

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
During the tag arc I didn't like Conway, but in this one the guy was fun to watch. Plus points for making Jessie run away screaming.