• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Onix's First OU Team

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
okay this is my first team EVER. I made an ou team and im not really sure of how i could improve it so you guys should rate my team. It is mainly a team of bulky sweepers.

Mamoswine @Focus sash
Jolly
252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Speed
-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake

I use this set to kay some stealth rocks down and to quickly kill ninjasks. It also works as a very nice revenge killer due to ice shard.

Mew @Life orb
Timid
4 HP/252 S.Atk/252 Speed
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball

Mew is my main sweeper becuase of its balanced stats, unpredictability, and nasty plot. Im debating whether i should give it baton pass instead of shadow ball but im really not sure. I would usually baton pass into my porygon2 because it is bulky and would be able to kill things with the special attack boost.

Gyarados @Leftovers
Jolly
Intimidate
88 HP/ 248 Atk/ 4 Def/ 168 Speed
-Substitute
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake

Just a standard bulky gyarados. I gave it moxie instead of intimidate because its bulk should mean that i dont need an attack drop as much. Sub is so i can block electric type attacks and prevent it from getting destroyed.

Salamence @Choice scarf
Naive
Moxie
252 Atk/ 4 S.Atk/ 252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast

This salamence is my oer main sweeper. I gave it fire blast because i really dont have anything else to take care of common steel types except terrakion. I gave it dragon claw so i could possibly get an attack boost and outrage to just destroy things.

Scizor@ leftovers
Adamant
252 HP/ 40 Atk/ 216 S.Atk
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Roost

I use this to get a quick swords dance and to break walls. I have roost to restore health and bullet ounch to revenge kill.

Terrakion @Choice Band
Jolly
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Quick Attack

This is just a basic terrakion set. He acts as a bulky sweeper/revenge killer with quick attack. I gave it a choice band so it will decimate anything in its path.

Last edited:

Blue Cobra

Bug Trainer
It would be nice, if you could add a little description on how you are planning to use your Pokemon, as well as their role on the team.

But as far as I can see, 3 of your Pokemon are weak to Fighting, which you should keep an eye on.
As for Gyarados, I don't prefer 2 turns move like Bounce, since it gives your opponent a free turn, where he can do whatever he likes, including switching out to a Pokemon, who can counter Bounce, but that's a matter of taste I guess. Everything else looks fine to me :)

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
Alright i added the descriptions and i did replace bounce with earthquake so i can ko those threatening electric types

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Seems fine. Mew is odd, but I guess if you want the unpredictability that's cool maybe test out a Calm Mind Latias:

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Latias is already underused so not all the time will the opponent be ready for it. It's a simple set that has you using Calm Mind to increase your Special Attack and Defense all the while Roosting and getting Leftovers to heal you. Psyshock is to crack down on Blissey, Chansey, and other Special Walls. The EVs give it bulk and the ability to outspeed other Pokemon. You could also try out Life Orb to get a little more bite put substitute to really set up on something that can't counter it.

Also, you're using three physical sweepers in Gyrados, Salamence, and Terrakion. I suggest maybe switching out Gyara for Magnezone, but doing so may change your playstyle completely.

Solid though. 8.5/10

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
Alright ill try out latias and mew and see which one I like...as for getting a magnezone I'm already 3x weak to fighting and I dobt want to make that 4

HeyI'mChubby

and (kind of) proud!
Alright ill try out latias and mew and see which one I like...as for getting a magnezone I'm already 3x weak to fighting and I dobt want to make that 4

Yeah, I overlooked that. you should still be troubled by the fact that you 3 potential physical sweepers.

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
A physical wall can wall you. You need some physical and some walls man, other than ferrothorn. Blissey is a good one, I like using Prankster Sableye and Exeggutor. Milotic is a great bulky pokemon also

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
Porygon 2 is my second wall...also salamence can break through some physicl walls because of flamethrower

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Yeah, I overlooked that. you should still be troubled by the fact that you 3 potential physical sweepers.

Why? He has Nasty Plot Mew to hit pretty much every physical wall in the game. P2 can also provide some offense. Even then, he has 3 physical sweepers. So what? He can use them to overwhelm a teams one or two physical walls eventually wearing them down enough to sweep with one of them. There is absolutely no problem in having 3 physical sweepers on a team.

To the Point Rate:

- Intimidate > Moxie on Gyarados ; Gives you more opportunity to set up.
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast / Psyshock > Aura Sphere / Shadow Ball / Psychic on Mew ; You still have fantastic coverage, but these allow you to hit Dragons and Scizor, as well as other threats like Ferrothorn, harder. Psyshock to hit Blissey, Jellicent, Gastrodon harder.
- Bulky Swords Dance Scizor > Ferrothorn ; This needs to be an Offensive team, and Bulky Sciz can take a Draco Meteor well, and proceed to set-up on Lati@s or heal itself.
- Bounce > EQ on Gyarados ; Bounce hits bulky grass types harder, and all Eq really hits harder is Magnezone who isn't very common.
- ScarfMoxie > LO Salamence ; Gives you a nice revenge killer and late game sweeper, you already have 2 nice set-up sweepers with Sciz and Dos.
- Sash Endeavor Mamoswine > Porygon2 ; Once again, this needs to be an offensive team. Gives you rocks, an answer to Thundurus-t and Tornadus, and gives you hazards. Endeavor is also extremely nice.

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
That's a lot of changes so.I'm gonna built my current team and then make those changes if it doesn't work out

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
That's a lot of changes so.I'm gonna built my current team and then make those changes if it doesn't work out

By your wording I'm gonna assume you're building this team on wifi. You can test your team on either Pokemon Online or PokemonShowdown! to see what works and what doesn't before building the team on the ds. I would highly recommend doing this since going through the hassle of building a team on wifi only to have it not preform as well as you thought it very annoying.

OnixtheBeast

PM for clone
I made a bunch of changes but im having trouble breaking skarmory and especially jellicent.