• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Online Features and Connectivity Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I just want them to improve the GTS again......two generations and we still can't see the full summary of the Pokemon that people offered.

Also, GTS not detecting all those ribbonless hacks is just ridiculous.

It's annoying to see half a dozen requests pop up whilst you're battling in-game trainers.

That's why I never turn on PSS while I'm doing offline things in the game.

I only turn on PSS when I actually want to go online, such as when I want to use Wonder Trade.

Speaking of the legitimacy check...it stopped my Azure Flute Arceus (hacked only for the item, way, way back in the day) but not my friend's base level 99 Shiny Giratina?!

Azure Flute Arceus has different flag on it (the lack of "fateful encounter" flag), which I think Bank detects.

Shiny Giratina is perfectly possible to be caught legitimately in the game, you can then rare candy it to lv99. That's why Bank didn't stop it.

Creyk

Hoping that the PSS system returns but is improved upon quite a bit. Multi Battle invites should be made more open, along with trade requests and other requests. So they can be viewed for a longer time after being sent.
It's annoying to see half a dozen requests pop up whilst you're battling in-game trainers.

The PSS honestly needs a serious improvement: they need to let us communicate with other players during trades. And make it easier to find people willing to battle, like you should have a setting of: open for battle or not? And if you click yes, then there will be a small red dot next to the icon of your character (on the left side). This way you could see who is interested in battling and who should you leave alone because they are only online to do wonder trades or are deep in the gts. It would just be better.

I just want them to improve the GTS again......two generations and we still can't see the full summary of the Pokemon that people offered.

Also, GTS not detecting all those ribbonless hacks is just ridiculous.

That's why I never turn on PSS while I'm doing offline things in the game.

I only turn on PSS when I actually want to go online, such as when I want to use Wonder Trade.

Azure Flute Arceus has different flag on it (the "fateful encounter" tag), which I think Bank detects.

Shiny Giratina is perfectly possible to be caught legitimately in the game, you can then rare candy it to lv99. That's why Bank didn't stop it.

Well that's annoying. It didn't stop my friend's completely hacked base level 99 Arceus, either. And by base level, I mean, that's the level they got the Pokémon at (using an action replay cartridge). Both completely illegitimate Pokémon.

But I digress. At least I've got one Arceus, and we'll have more in August anyways.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
The PSS honestly needs a serious improvement: they need to let us communicate with other playeys during trades).
Oh absolutely. I rarely trade with passerbys because you can never really tell what they want and have exactly. And ends up being a waste of time.
It's time for some respectable communication options, no just emoticons from BW. And if it's a concern for younger players- then it should simply be regulated by parental controls.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Well that's annoying. It didn't stop my friend's completely hacked base level 99 Arceus, either. And by base level, I mean, that's the level they got the Pokémon at (using an action replay cartridge). Both completely illegitimate Pokémon.

Bank only reads the flags, not reading the actual summary. WT is also like this too, which is why those "obtained at impossible location" hacks can fly around WT.

Your friend's hacked lv99 Arceus might have Fateful encounter flag on it, which is why it passed. Azure Flute Arceus didn't have the flag. (that's what I meant in my above post, sorry about that. Azure Flute Arceus lacks the flag.)

.......speaking of WT, they really should start making it and GTS block illegal balls and Pokemon obtained at illegal location.......like a HA Fletchling caught at Route 3 in an Apricorn Ball.

Also, block ribbonless events.

Niormon

I think this might be important, so people will realize why/how they are doing this:

"In the magazine “We Love Pokémon”, Game Freak's Ken Sugimori commented on the seventh generation of Pokémon.
I'm Not sure how I feel about the post being in Gamefaqs, that place is so shitty that its beyond salvation, so I don't know how true the source is.

also with Nature I would be kinda Happy if they removed them I been having bad luck finding Jolly or Adamant for two specific Pokemon ^^"

@Shine they should also remove People asking for event Pokemon I have way to many Celebi and when I want to give one way on GTS it says I can't give that event Pokemon away

Last edited:

Creyk

@Shine they should also remove People asking for event Pokemon I have way to many Celebi and when I want to give one way on GTS it says I can't give that event Pokemon away

They really should make it possible to trade events, it's so silly.
I'd be happy to clone dozens of Darkrai and send them out on GTS but it's not allowed. And why really? yeah i know to guard that "exclusivity" but still, it's so silly

Niormon

They really should make it possible to trade events, it's so silly.
I'd be happy to clone dozens of Darkrai and send them out on GTS but it's not allowed. And why really? yeah i know to guard that "exclusivity" but still, it's so silly
Exactly its So dumb we can't trade event Pokemon, I hope they fix this in sun and moon.

Exactly its So dumb we can't trade event Pokemon, I hope they fix this in sun and moon.

There's nothing to be fixed. You can still trade and transfer legitimately captured Pokémon, including the event-exclusive ones.

I don't get what's dumb about being unable to trade fake Pokémon. If it wasn't stopped, for one, people would be complaining and cheating themselves. And what about the meta? It would be a chaotic mess.

Niormon

There's nothing to be fixed. You can still trade and transfer legitimately captured Pokémon, including the event-exclusive ones.

I don't get what's dumb about being unable to trade fake Pokémon. If it wasn't stopped, for one, people would be complaining and cheating themselves. And what about the meta? It would be a chaotic mess.
We are talking about event Pokemon you can't trade in GTS which I find dumb I have way to many event pokemon and i want to give theme away to people online.

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue

Then I'm full of official fake Pokémon which I got from events... :rolleyes:

I'd like something like the Underground or Wi-Fi plaza. Where you can interact with other trainers, preferably online as well as local.

Maybe even an expanded version of Entralink? Nothing near a fully fledged multiplayer experience though, but something like Dragon Quest 9's multiplayer would be amazing, if not downright impossible, especially if it used wi if.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'd like something like the Underground or Wi-Fi plaza. Where you can interact with other trainers, preferably online as well as local.

Maybe even an expanded version of Entralink? Nothing near a fully fledged multiplayer experience though, but something like Dragon Quest 9's multiplayer would be amazing, if not downright impossible, especially if it used wi if.

Oh man, an expanded Entralink would be really cool.

What if, when the new Entralink is activated, you and the person that's visiting you can engage in Double Battles.
The other Trainer can't engage Battles, but you can, and, while Entralink is activated, there'd be like a 10-second prompt asking the other player if they want to join into the battle.

Not totally multiplayer, but that's mainly to avoid Griefing, stealing Items, blocking paths, or battling Trainers that you would have wanted to fight instead.

Probably give the other player O-Points or whatever for participating in the fight, too, alongside 50% of the winnings the other person got. (So, you the host gets all the winnings, and the visitor gets a copied 50%).

Will Pokemon Sun & Moon be able to link with the other main series 3DS Pokemon games wirelessly? As RBY are the only games that can link with S&M via Pokemon Bank. If not we are going to have a lot of stranded Pokemon..

Last edited:

Nuzlocker4Life

Will Pokemon Sun & Moon be able to link with the other main series 3DS Pokemon games wirelessly? As RBY are the only games that can link with S&M via Pokemon Bank. If not we are going to have a lot of stranded Pokemon..

I would assume that yes, the other 3DS main series games will link with S&M. The reason they specified RBY is because there has been no other way to bring Gen 1 and 2 'Mons to Gen 3 or further because of hardware and in-game mechanic issues.

I'd be perfectly okay with EVs staying, while IVs get the boot, or reworked to be the lesser focus of raising a viable team. EV training only takes me about 10-20 minutes to complete in XY/ORAS. Getting the correct nature, IVs, etc. through breeding, though, does take way too much time, despite the improvements that have been made.

...not to mention, while they are just game pixels, I do feel bad in having to cull Pokemon that don't have the correct 'whatever' I'm aiming for. Sure, I can just WT the breed-jects away, but to me, it still feels like that that Pokemon being traded away will only ever be used for breeding purposes, then tossed aside when that goal is reached.
And maybe it's just me because of self-imposing Nuzlocke rules, but I don't get that same feeling with a perfectly bred Pokemon the same way i do with the imperfect Mons I caught and raised during my main adventure.

But I digress. Whether the IV/EV system will be changing come Gen 7, for better or for worse, or not at all, is merely all speculation until we physically play the games ourselves.
Imagine if they had demos of the games at E3. Would players testing out the games have a pen and paper nearby to quickly crunch numbers to see if the system's been changed? xD

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
Imagine if they had demos of the games at E3. Would players testing out the games have a pen and paper nearby to quickly crunch numbers to see if the system's been changed? xD

I'm sure someone would at least write them down to crunch later.

I would really like to see online battles with weird formats, like Inverse Battles or randomly matched Multi battles.

While I wouldn't mind eliminating IV's, I have a sneaking suspicion that what he said in the interview about simplifying refers more to art, region, and story design, and trying to go back to a simpler feel like in Kanto. There is far more to Pokemon than the battle system after all.

Nuzlocker4Life

Inverse battles online would be great. It's a good challenge for the brain, and inversely makes the worst types (Ice, Bug) easily the best. xD

Cellfaction

I haven't used the online functions, but it would be cool to have a custom tournament option, where we can invite our friends to take part of them, also we would be able to set our own rules.

Kingscr34m11

Hoenn Native
So looking at what the PSS added in terms of online interactions the fabled PokeMMO is slowly creeping closer to reality. I remember the game link in BW and outside of tangible players XYORAS has pretty much everything else covered. I doubt SuMo will be THE MMO everyone wants but adding some sort of online game link would put us even closer. If the region really is based of Hawaii it'd be a cool nod to BW to include some sort of game link,online or not.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So looking at what the PSS added in terms of online interactions the fabled PokeMMO is slowly creeping closer to reality. I remember the game link in BW and outside of tangible players XYORAS has pretty much everything else covered. I doubt SuMo will be THE MMO everyone wants but adding some sort of online game link would put us even closer. If the region really is based of Hawaii it'd be a cool nod to BW to include some sort of game link,online or not.

Instead of having to ask random passerbys for a 6v6, or having to sign up to a website/forum, it'd be cool if they make a location in which you interact with others that wish to battle.. just kinda like a battle hub.

Status
Not open for further replies.