• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Online Features and Connectivity Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of having to ask random passerbys for a 6v6, or having to sign up to a website/forum, it'd be cool if they make a location in which you interact with others that wish to battle.. just kinda like a battle hub.

Maybe something like the Wi-Fi plaza in Platinum crossed with the union room? I'd be down for that.

Kingscr34m11

Hoenn Native
Maybe something like the Wi-Fi plaza in Platinum crossed with the union room? I'd be down for that.

Large scale customizations plus WiFi Union room for wonder trade would be God tier for immersion. A deep enough pool of items could even lead to NPC customization and really just blow the world wide open.

Nuzlocker4Life

I'm all for improved communication purposes for the PSS especially. Sometimes random passerbys decide they want to trade with me, but we cannot figure out what each other wants due to inability to actually convey what we're looking for. So the trade ends up canceling.

I'd love for there to be a way to accept a passerby's battle request, but ask for a 5 minute delay to get ready. Cause I'm always getting asked to battle while in the midst of egg hatching or using HM slaves at that moment the request is received! xD

I know the Battle Box exists, but I prefer to keep all of my teams together in the regular PC boxes. Besides, different battles require different teams and strategies, so having a single Battle Box makes no strategic sense anyways.

Sprinter1988

To be honest, all I want to see is a third search option on the GTS.

We have the option to go "Here's a Bulbasaur, I want a Charmander"

We have the option to go "What do people want in exchange for their Charmander?"

What we need is the option to go "Here's a Bulbasaur. What are people offering in exchange for one?"

In other words, I want to be able to search the uploaded pokemon based on the pokemon that I am prepared to offer, rather than selecting the pokemon I want to get, only to find that I have nothing to give in return.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
I haven't used the online functions, but it would be cool to have a custom tournament option, where we can invite our friends to take part of them, also we would be able to set our own rules.

After many times of having tournaments with friends, I can't tell you how much I would love this. Online and local would be a lot of fun.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Since the new trailer came out, it has been confirmed that abilities will still be in the game.

Since many Gen I introduced Pokemon have two normal abilities (+ 1 hidden), how do you think that this will be handled.

I personally don't think this is a huge obstacle. Normal abilities can be easily switched via ability capsule. I don't think Hidden Abilities would really pop up, which is fine. Although if Hidden Abilities were going to pop up, some Pokemon would be better off than others (i.e. Vulpix better than Omastar).

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
So Sun and Moon won't connect with gen 6 games even with pokebank? I haven't seen any mention of the games being compatible with Sun and Moon by pokebank.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Since the new trailer came out, it has been confirmed that abilities will still be in the game.

Since many Gen I introduced Pokemon have two normal abilities (+ 1 hidden), how do you think that this will be handled.

I personally don't think this is a huge obstacle. Normal abilities can be easily switched via ability capsule. I don't think Hidden Abilities would really pop up, which is fine. Although if Hidden Abilities were going to pop up, some Pokemon would be better off than others (i.e. Vulpix better than Omastar).

I've been wondered how they will handle the Pokémon coming from the Virtual Console games, but I don't think it will be much a hassle for them. They will just slap a random ability and nature and call it a day, it's not that difficult.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
So Sun and Moon won't connect with gen 6 games even with pokebank? I haven't seen any mention of the games being compatible with Sun and Moon by pokebank.

I don't quite understand what you are saying here. Pokemon Bank is meant to be a link between new games and old games, starting with X and Y onwards (Tecnichally Black and White onwards with Pokemon Transporter). I am sure whatever Pokemon you have in Bank, sans special circumstances (Cosplay Pikachu), can be transferred to Sun and Moon.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

Well, to state the obvious...

XYORAS Pokemon can be transferred to SM through Pokebank. Direct transfer from XYORAS to SM is not supported.
RGBY VC Pokemon can be transferred to SM through Pokebank. Direct transfer from RGBY VC to SM is not supported.

New Pokemon introduced in SM cannot be transferred to XYORAS regardless of transfer method.
RGBY VC Pokemon cannot be transferred to XYORAS regardless of trasnfer method.

storm12

Weather Bearer
While I wouldn't mind eliminating IV's, I have a sneaking suspicion that what he said in the interview about simplifying refers more to art, region, and story design, and trying to go back to a simpler feel like in Kanto. There is far more to Pokemon than the battle system after all.

By this point IVs are a ghost of a spectre of a redundant concept. All competitive players spend time doing is breeding Pokemon to essentially ELIMINATE the existence of IVs. That is their only place in the reality of the games as they exist and come into play: is being forced into non-existance. People breed for perfect IVs only to circumvent their existence. Not to mention how creepily nazi and 'un-pokemon' IV breeding is anyway. GET RID OF THEM GUHMFRAK!!!!

Vivian

It was confirmed that we will still have abilities in sun/moon? I really hope they dont go away, IVs, on the other hand, ill be happy if they go away. There are good and bad ways of make things simpler, and remove abilities is a really bad way of making it. Every generation, we expect more things to be added to games, and its happening since gen 1. You can make things simpler by making it more intuitive, or just less boring. Ex: Before R/S, change a pokemon from box to box was more complex, and nobody really enjoyed it. You could easily find a rare or shiny pokemon and be unable to catch it because box was full. Now, boxes are simpler and better. Super training was an added feature that made things simpler. If they are concerned about people not being able to remember abilities, they could just make it possible to use pokedex inside battles. Pokedex could tell us what abilities a pokemon might have.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
I definitely have no problem with IVs going away and uniqueness being maintained mainly by natures as someone mentioned earlier. It just makes me wonder how 6th gen and below Pokemon would be transferred over....other than my jigglypuff in black 2 getting a new fairy type with the switch is there any precedent?

All I can think of is "how did gen 1 mons handle the transfer to gold and silver when the special attack and defense were split"? Maybe they could do something like that.

Also, with the VC RGBY mons, maybe they'll be "from another dimension" and not have any abilities. I remember Game Freak toying around with no ability Pokemon in gen 3 beta and then we won't have to worry about Bane Machamp.

Aetius

I definitely have no problem with IVs going away and uniqueness being maintained mainly by natures as someone mentioned earlier. It just makes me wonder how 6th gen and below Pokemon would be transferred over....other than my jigglypuff in black 2 getting a new fairy type with the switch is there any precedent?

All I can think of is "how did gen 1 mons handle the transfer to gold and silver when the special attack and defense were split"? Maybe they could do something like that.

Also, with the VC RGBY mons, maybe they'll be "from another dimension" and not have any abilities. I remember Game Freak toying around with no ability Pokemon in gen 3 beta and then we won't have to worry about Bane Machamp.

I don't think they will ever remove IVs, EVs, abilities and other features introduced over these years...
As for the transfer, I'm sure they've already taken into consideration the things I mentioned above, so there shouldn't be any kind of problem IMHO. :D

LoveMcQueen5683

I don't know for sure if this is already a thing but for online battles, I hope they incorporate different kind of styles? Like for example, use only unevolved Pokemon. Or no switching. No items. Mono type battles. Baby pokemon battles. I know they sometimes have tournaments with special requirements but i would rather be able to do it when i can and not within a timeframe.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
After doing some research on the Ledyba caught in the demo, I noticed a few interesting things.

-The nature can be neutral, Mild, or Lonely. There seems to be a 60/40 chance in the favor of a neutral nature.
-Originally, R/B/Y could transfer easily to G/S/C since the special DV was not split. This is NOT the case in Sun and Moon where Ledyba had a higher Special Attack vs a lower Special Defense.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
has there been any news on the Pokebank compatibility with the gen6 games to gen7?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
has there been any news on the Pokebank compatibility with the gen6 games to gen7?
Not recently, but back when Sun and Moon were first revealed they said XY and ORAS would be compatible with Sun and Moon with the Pokebank.

Status
Not open for further replies.