• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Online Features and Connectivity Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Not recently, but back when Sun and Moon were first revealed they said XY and ORAS would be compatible with Sun and Moon with the Pokebank.

thank you very much clbgolden12, thats awesome news. im on the fence for gen7 as i still got some pkmn X things to do but im getting to the point where im maxing out inventory stock and my current goals are difficult to attain in 5 months. it really depends on the gen6 GTS/ORAS participation after gen7 comes out. my plan to use the many foreign pkmn i gathered in gen6 will be compatible in gen7 is great. i'll still play gen6 (X) for a while depending on the activity but it will be an important commodity to help me out in gen7.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Not recently, but back when Sun and Moon were first revealed they said XY and ORAS would be compatible with Sun and Moon with the Pokebank.

Does anyone plan on moving their team over or anything? I'm sure most people will do something AFTER their journey using new pokemon.
I'll probably move my pokemon on blue over just to use them on battle royal while my ingame moon pokemon are leveling up type deal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Does anyone plan on moving their team over or anything? I'm sure most people will do something AFTER their journey using new pokemon.
I'll probably move my pokemon on blue over just to use them on battle royal while my ingame moon pokemon are leveling up type deal.

It's not worth it to me to spend the $5 to transfer in the first place, but even if it were free I probably wouldn't do that. I'm an advocate for keeping my Pokemon in the games they were caught, as that's where they belong. This is especially the case for my main team.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It's not worth it to me to spend the $5 to transfer in the first place, but even if it were free I probably wouldn't do that. I'm an advocate for keeping my Pokemon in the games they were caught, as that's where they belong. This is especially the case for my main team.

ah thats fair! I like to reset my games a lot, so I tend to move all my pokemon every time i finish a game to my newest game that can hold all the pokemon. Gets pretty exhausting sometimes when I want to start a new game and I want to keep items with some :p

here's to hoping battle royal isn't something that needs to be unlocked in game..

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
ah thats fair! I like to reset my games a lot, so I tend to move all my pokemon every time i finish a game to my newest game that can hold all the pokemon. Gets pretty exhausting sometimes when I want to start a new game and I want to keep items with some :p

Yeah, I've actually never deleted an account before. I admittedly take Pokemon too seriously, so I can never bring myself to delete my trainer that I've come to associate with myself, as well as the Pokemon that I've battled side-by-side with.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
There was this Shiny Ralts I bred in X that I planned to use in Pokemon Z, but since we all know how that turned out I'll probably just bring it over to Sun and Moon. More than likely won't use it on my team, though.

Mokepon22

Bred couple starters like a Froakie and Mudkip from XY & ORAS to transfer over, plus planning on breeding some Gen IV & Gen V native Pokemon because I like the little text that says "...to reach you from X region", makes it feel a bit more authentic

Yeah, I've actually never deleted an account before. I admittedly take Pokemon too seriously, so I can never bring myself to delete my trainer that I've come to associate with myself, as well as the Pokemon that I've battled side-by-side with.

Me too. I only ever restart at the beginning of the game so I can farm events like Speed Boost Torchic and shiny Beldum, but afterwards I'm playing with one character forever lol

nel3

Crimson Dragon
technically i will be transfering my battle team over. i have doubles of some of my most important pkmn stored on PK bank. they will likely move over to gen7 or serve as IV/EM donors for the gen7 duplicates. it depends on how they sort out the transfer ability. i can just breed duplicates in gen 6 meant for gen7 and deal with it like that. it shouldn't be a problem unless gen7 game hates the gen6 icon. though any battle shinies i have in gen6 will stay in gen 6 and id need to rebreed them.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
it's interesting to see how some people play their games! I enjoy the feeling of being a fresh trainer WAY too much and slowly putting one pokemon on my team one at a time :)

also It'd be cool if they made a new trading system for eggs. Like a wonder trade, but you put all your eggs you don't want into it and then you can start randomly switching them up for other eggs that have been put in the system.
Although it would be random I would think.

NoDice

The Sandstorm Slayer
Really hoping for battle facilities like Emerald, DPPHGSS or even world tournament to return and have online functionaility.

Fighting through the battle factory in online doubles or vs other people playing with renters seems exciting... or fighting your way up the battle pyramid with a friend/random

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So with the confirmation of the old Gen I games transferring to Sun and Moon, there is still the matter of why they couldn't transfer beyond Crystal. The mathematical overhaul was at least one of those reasons.

There are many new numbers that came out.

IVs replace the smaller DVs.
EVs replace stat experience.
A personality value was created to determine gender.
Said personality value gets meshed with the Trainer and Hidden ID to determine shininess.
Natures exist now, and since Gen V, they are NOT determined by PV mentioned above.
There are also abilities, but that shouldn't be too hard to determine.

What ideas do you have?

My biggest idea is DV x 2 = IV. Stat experience will erase to allow EVs. Personality value and abilities gets random assignment. Natures will be neutral.

Ideas? Thoughts? Hypotheses?

Honestly, I think the way the transfer is going to go is that the pokemon, its moves, and its level will all move onward, but everything else will be set to default.

The nature and characteristic will be randomly generated, and its IVs will be adjusted accordingly. I think this makes the most sense for a transfer such as this.

One thing that I would like to see return are the share shelves from BW 1 and 2 DW. While I didn't like the fact that you could only visit the DW for an hour each day, and you had to do it on an actual computer, it was still an interesting concept to be able to visit other peoples homes and trade for different items. And although I seriously doubt that something like that would be present in 4 months time, it would still be interesting to see a variation on it.

A lot of times I'm not looking for a particular Pokemon. I just need an evo stone to get the final form. Or maybe it would be nice to have access to another Eviolite or Leftovers. Or a Master Ball. Sometimes you can see these items being offered on a particular Pokemon in the GTS, but you have to be lucky and be in the right place at the right time to be able to see it.

As for the GTS itself, as several others have already mentioned, it would be nice to get more information on the Pokemon we are trying to receive. What a lot of players do is put information about the Pokemon inside the blank box provided, but what if you can't read the language? I can read Spanish and Japanese in addition to English, but what about those who can't? And what if there is a great trade being offered by a German player? Or French? Or Korean? But because I don't speak or read those languages, I pass it up? Perhaps a translation or something could help for that? Or maybe that's asking for too much...

Macabrelicious

Can I confess a fear? The fact the current "set your own tournament" page on pokemon.com or whatever only has singles and doubles as pickable formats gives me the very small but still kinda real fear rotation and triple battles are gone

Which would be utter miltankmuk because rotation is the most strategic battle style in the game, and triples is the most crazy; it's not fair if they get trashed just because pokemon's fanbase is unadaptive to change (and because Gamefreak themselves never made a serious attempt to push rotation or triples in their games TBH).

Also, if those rumors are true and Gen 1 transferred pokemon keep their pre-gen VI stats and typings I will be actually mad. Normal type Clefairy doesn't need to exist anymore at ALL, it's fairy type now, end of story, and Gamefreak is being really inconsistent and messy about this if it's true

Last edited:

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Can I confess a fear? The fact the current "set your own tournament" page on pokemon.com or whatever only has singles and doubles as pickable formats gives me the very small but still kinda real fear rotation and triple battles are gone

Which would be utter miltankmuk because rotation is the most strategic battle style in the game, and triples is the most crazy; it's not fair if they get trashed just because pokemon's fanbase is unadaptive to change (and because Gamefreak themselves never made a serious attempt to push rotation or triples in their games TBH).

Also, if those rumors are true and Gen 1 transferred pokemon keep their pre-gen V stats and typings I will be actually mad. Normal type Clefairy doesn't need to exist anymore at ALL, it's fairy type now, end of story, and Gamefreak is being really inconsistent and messy about this if it's true

First of all, I doubt Triples and Rotation are leaving. They're a fun casual format right now, and I think GF knows this.
Secondly, I don't think Pre-Gen 5/6 whatever is for normal Pokemon, just that its the only way to get the ones you can only get in an Alolan form like Exeggutor that aren't Alolan, if that makes sense.

Macabrelicious

First of all, I doubt Triples and Rotation are leaving. They're a fun casual format right now, and I think GF knows this.
Secondly, I don't think Pre-Gen 5/6 whatever is for normal Pokemon, just that its the only way to get the ones you can only get in an Alolan form like Exeggutor that aren't Alolan, if that makes sense.

The leaks (like, the credible ones) mentioned how pokemon transferred from RBYG would have their pre-Gen VI typings/stats (not pre-GenVII) which I assume implies Clefairy would be Normal and not Fairy, Pikachu wouldn't have those 10 base point boosts to its defense and special defense stats, etc. Since Gen 6 brought about typing and minor stat changes for some pokemon. Also, I'd assume if the leaks referred to non-Alolan pokemon keeping their non-Alolan forms by transfer, why would the RBYG games need to be specified?

I hope you're right about triples and rotation

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Has anybody thought about an idea where GPS-spawned pokémon could be incorporated into a mainseries pokémon game?

I don't know if the 3DS has a built-in GPS, but if it doesn't, perhaps the NX has?

Think about it.. You're casually playing Pokémon Sun, while riding the bus. You arrive at your destination: the ocean/lake/river. Suddenly, along with the pokémon that were normally available on the route you were on, there's a pokémon that's not normally there!

What I think could work if -for example- routes have slots for eight different pokémon. Seven of those could be standardized, but the last one could be added determined by the type of area your GPS locates you in. Similar to how Pokémon Go works.

Take the example I just used. The pokémon that could spawn in the game, could be a Staryu, Slowpoke, Poliwag or even a Dratini. If your destination is more urbanized, the pokémon that could spawn could be anything from Koffing, Meowth, Doduo or even an Eevee. If the area is more forest-like, then the pokémon that could spawn could be stuff like Oddish/Bellsprout, Venonat, Exeggcute, or even a Pinsir/Scyther.

If the route had the standardized pokémon of Rattata, Sandshrew, Pidgey, Spearow, Jigglypuff, Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F).

So, if you're playing while in a city, the route would have:
- 1. Rattata
- 2. Pidgey
- 3. Spearow
- 4. Mankey
- 5. Nidoran (M)
- 6. Nidoran (F)
- 7. Jigglypuff
- 8. Koffing/Meowth/Doduo/Eevee.

If you're playing in an area near a body of water:
- 1. Rattata
- 2. Pidgey
- 3. Spearow
- 4. Mankey
- 5. Nidoran (M)
- 6. Nidoran (F)
- 7. Jigglypuff
- 8. Staryu/Slowpoke/Poliwag/Dratini

Etc.

This seems like an awesome application of the current GPS-technology we're already enjoying in Pokémon Go, without infringing on what that games is about.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Has anybody thought about an idea where GPS-spawned pokémon could be incorporated into a mainseries pokémon game?

I don't know if the 3DS has a built-in GPS, but if it doesn't, perhaps the NX has?

Think about it.. You're casually playing Pokémon Sun, while riding the bus. You arrive at your destination: the ocean/lake/river. Suddenly, along with the pokémon that were normally available on the route you were on, there's a pokémon that's not normally there!

What I think could work if -for example- routes have slots for eight different pokémon. Seven of those could be standardized, but the last one could be added determined by the type of area your GPS locates you in. Similar to how Pokémon Go works.

Take the example I just used. The pokémon that could spawn in the game, could be a Staryu, Slowpoke, Poliwag or even a Dratini. If your destination is more urbanized, the pokémon that could spawn could be anything from Koffing, Meowth, Doduo or even an Eevee. If the area is more forest-like, then the pokémon that could spawn could be stuff like Oddish/Bellsprout, Venonat, Exeggcute, or even a Pinsir/Scyther.

If the route had the standardized pokémon of Rattata, Sandshrew, Pidgey, Spearow, Jigglypuff, Nidoran (M), Nidoran (F).

So, if you're playing while in a city, the route would have:
- 1. Rattata
- 2. Pidgey
- 3. Spearow
- 4. Mankey
- 5. Nidoran (M)
- 6. Nidoran (F)
- 7. Jigglypuff
- 8. Koffing/Meowth/Doduo/Eevee.

If you're playing in an area near a body of water:
- 1. Rattata
- 2. Pidgey
- 3. Spearow
- 4. Mankey
- 5. Nidoran (M)
- 6. Nidoran (F)
- 7. Jigglypuff
- 8. Staryu/Slowpoke/Poliwag/Dratini

Etc.

This seems like an awesome application of the current GPS-technology we're already enjoying in Pokémon Go, without infringing on what that games is about.
That would be cool, however the 3DS does not have GPS tech. I don't think it's been mentioned the NX will have it, but we'll see.

Kennith

Banned
Like all other generations, Sun and Moon wouldn't be directly compatible with XY and ORAS which makes sense. Probably trade through Pokebank.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
With QR codes being a new feature for pokedex listings. I wonder if they'll be using QR codes similar to how ORAS did as an avenue for sharing trainer hideouts. But extend them to be trainer teams, FC's and other modes that S/M might be using. I haven't seen any mention of Streetpass features yet- but I'm assuming it's on Par with Gen VI's PSS system at the very least. But would be nice to know what the game uses exactly for the myriad of connection methods

Status
Not open for further replies.