• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Online Features and Connectivity Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninijatt

Half, ninja, half cat, all attitude
It's not worth it to me to spend the $5 to transfer in the first place, but even if it were free I probably wouldn't do that. I'm an advocate for keeping my Pokemon in the games they were caught, as that's where they belong. This is especially the case for my main team.

I thought like this too but exception where exceptions are due and Fissure Machamp and Yellow Pikachu and definitely exceptions. While I'm at it, I might as well transer ALL the mons for a complete national dex.

Kaji Motomiya

KNIGHT of SPEAR
I didn't know where to post this, but I figured this was the right thread.

My girlfriend's Munchlax Distribution doesn't seem to be working. The stuff for the demo transferring over seemed to work because of her internet, but she says that the Mystery Gift loading screen always stayed on 000/100. She says she left the game on for about an hour. Does anyone know what is up?

BCVM22

Transferring from the demo has nothing to do with Internet. It's just pulling available data from other software on your system.

Are you certain she's doing it right and attempting to receive a Mystery Gift via Internet?

abdulmuhsee

In Festival Plaza, how do I upgrade my facilities?

I have been sending visitors to my Thump-Bump Park for days and it is still one star.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
In Festival Plaza, how do I upgrade my facilities?

I have been sending visitors to my Thump-Bump Park for days and it is still one star.

Sometimes Sophocles offers you upgraded versions of stuff you got when you level up.
He offered me 4 star Thump-Bump Park when I hit level 16.

TiredButAwake

I honestly dont understand the point of the festival plaza. When i go there, the only thing i use is the lottery place. I hardly get coins as well, and only usually go on there to wondertrade or for the gts.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Anybody else having trouble with the online? For one thing, I can't find the people on my 3ds friend list easily like in 6th gen. And when I do find them and want to save them as a VIP it constantly says "Registration failed" :'(

Burumun

I honestly dont understand the point of the festival plaza. When i go there, the only thing i use is the lottery place. I hardly get coins as well, and only usually go on there to wondertrade or for the gts.

I use most of my FC for clothing by buying items from other people in my plaza in order to save money. When you talk to someone, select "I like your outfit!" and they'll offer to order you a random piece of their outfit in exchange for FC. It doesn't unlock until a certain rank, though.

How are you getting FC? If you haven't already figured it out, you can participate in challenges other people are hosting when connected to the internet. If you haven't already connected for another service, you'll have to do so manually when entering the plaza. Then, when people start a challenge, you'll usually get a notification at the top of the touch screen. If you don't, you can manually enter one or host one yourself by talking to the dancer by the castle entrance. Most people are doing type matchup challenges, since they bring 5-50 FC per play (5 FC for each star, both in total ranking and in individual ranking) and they're pretty easy.

Exsception

Born Completionist
If you've got a good knowledge of type matchups then doing the Inverse type matchups mission is the most profitable with a gain of 6 to 60 FC. Normal type is at the top of the list and happens to be a really good option for the mission, so you can even get a larger score than you would with the normal type matchups, if you play your cards right.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
If you've got a good knowledge of type matchups then doing the Inverse type matchups mission is the most profitable with a gain of 6 to 60 FC.

I get the logic, but I don't think it's quite that simple. I've noticed that when missions become available for me to participate in, only ones that I have a high enough rank to host such missions are available. You need a higher rank to participate in Inverses than you do in regulars and there are still plenty of people who aren't at that level yet it seems. To get a good number of stars for group score, there needs to be quite a few participants in the mission and the Inverses don't seem to get quite as many courtesy of the Festival Plaza rank thing. With the regulars though, those are available to anyone who can participate in missions, they often fill up nicely. And they become available to participate in much more frequently. I see like 5-7 regular type-matchups become available for participation for every one Inverse that becomes available.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I get the logic, but I don't think it's quite that simple. I've noticed that when missions become available for me to participate in, only ones that I have a high enough rank to host such missions are available. You need a higher rank to participate in Inverses than you do in regulars and there are still plenty of people who aren't at that level yet it seems. To get a good number of stars for group score, there needs to be quite a few participants in the mission and the Inverses don't seem to get quite as many courtesy of the Festival Plaza rank thing. With the regulars though, those are available to anyone who can participate in missions, they often fill up nicely. And they become available to participate in much more frequently. I see like 5-7 regular type-matchups become available for participation for every one Inverse that becomes available.

Actually, your rank doesn't unlock you that mission; beating the Elite Four does, which is something almost every player will do at some point or another. Give it a week or two and just about everyone will be able to play the mission.

Satoshi & Touko

Actually, your rank doesn't unlock you that mission; beating the Elite Four does, which is something almost every player will do at some point or another. Give it a week or two and just about everyone will be able to play the mission.

It is? I'm sorry. I thought mission availability was dependent on ranking because that is what it was seeming like to me. If I'm wrong, I apologize. :)

Exsception

Born Completionist
It is? I'm sorry. I thought mission availability was dependent on ranking because that is what it was seeming like to me. If I'm wrong, I apologize. :)

No, you're more right than wrong. Most missions are unlocked by rank, but this one was just an exception.

welcometorapture

Where exactly is the option for 6 vs 6 battles where Pokemon are set to level 50? All I'm seeing is a lame 3 vs 3.

There is none, save for friend battles. Woo GameFreak. Especially with this gen the online features feel like two steps backwards. There's such a disconnect when you go the festival plaza, and the whole thing is just a tedious grindy sidequest for clothing that could've easily been put elsewhere. Ugh, sorry for the rant but it boggles my mind how they can actually make the barebones PSS WORSE. At least PSS allowed you to stay online while playing and connect with friends on the fly ...

Exsception

Born Completionist
There is none, save for friend battles. Woo GameFreak. Especially with this gen the online features feel like two steps backwards. There's such a disconnect when you go the festival plaza, and the whole thing is just a tedious grindy sidequest for clothing that could've easily been put elsewhere. Ugh, sorry for the rant but it boggles my mind how they can actually make the barebones PSS WORSE. At least PSS allowed you to stay online while playing and connect with friends on the fly ...

Which is precisely why my Festival Plaza is called "Downgraded PSS".

Rootbeer

Just tried to do, what I thought was, an innocent trade on the GTS: Kartana for Pheromosa. After getting to the blue "Attention" screen, the game informed me there was a connection issue and that I need to turn off the power. Now when I try to access the GTS I get a "please wait a while and try again to trade" message.

Some folks on reddit said Game Freak will ban you for up to 3 days if ONE of the Pokémon in a trade is hacked. Certainly wasn't mine. Am I seriously being punished for this? Anyone have more info or insight?

Satoshi & Touko

Just tried to do, what I thought was, an innocent trade on the GTS: Kartana for Pheromosa. After getting to the blue "Attention" screen, the game informed me there was a connection issue and that I need to turn off the power. Now when I try to access the GTS I get a "please wait a while and try again to trade" message.

Some folks on reddit said Game Freak will ban you for up to 3 days if ONE of the Pokémon in a trade is hacked. Certainly wasn't mine. Am I seriously being punished for this? Anyone have more info or insight?

From what I understand that's normal if you have an issue like that. Before making any trades, I always get a message saying that if I have a communications error or my game gets turned off while the trade is in process that I would be unable to trade for a while. It sounds like this is what is happening to you. Nothing to do but wait it out I'm afraid.

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
From what I understand that's normal if you have an issue like that. Before making any trades, I always get a message saying that if I have a communications error or my game gets turned off while the trade is in process that I would be unable to trade for a while. It sounds like this is what is happening to you. Nothing to do but wait it out I'm afraid.

It's basically their way of ensuring that people aren't turning their games off mid trade because they either are trading and regret that they're actually trading and want to keep their mon (buyer's remorse, basically) or they're trying some cloning method that I don't know is possible yet. I think this also applies for Link Trades. It just sucks because people's internet cuts out all the time and GF is seemingly punishing you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.