• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Only One?

Chris

Old Coot

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You're a horrible person.
I'll admit, Funimation's much better than 4kids but...forget it, you can use one of my favourite anime against my reasoning.

Last edited:

madmarine0

Nymph ニンフ <3

ladendar

Little munchkinz
Yah, well the anime Inuyasha along with Naruto has been removed recently from the last two years and I lived with it. I suppose its because that you can watch it online, but still! Maybe it turned out that it was violating the country laws and policy so they removed it from the aired programing.

Nyu~

Chris

Old Coot
Isn't pokemon the only legit anime they did? lol
Not even, considering the amount of changes they made to it.

Yah, well the anime Inuyasha along with Naruto has been removed recently from the last two years and I lived with it. I suppose its because that you can watch it online, but still! Maybe it turned out that it was violating the country laws and policy so they removed it from the aired programing.

Nyu~
InuYasha wasn't even worth watching. Once you get past the first 60 episodes, it starts to repeat itself.

Back on the subject of Toonami, I remember crapping bricks when I heard the Japanese voices at the beginning of this promo back in the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwEED29e27Y

RLinksoul

Not even, considering the amount of changes they made to it.

Back then I was too young to notice or care. I did find those "doughnuts" in the Mankey episode to be odd looking, but I shrugged it off. It wasn't until the giant hopping sandwich of quality that I started noticing how bad 4Kids was.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Okay, scratch my comment about One Piece. I wish 4kids got Fairy Tail, it would have been great with the kids. Sadly again, there's Nami...I mean Lucy's bust size.
Damn it, why did she have to have the same name as my grandmother?

Ramses

King of the World
!lived eht era sdik4 dna ttenrub oel

Anyway, 4kids is horrible. They are the main reason that people think Pokemon (and to a lesser extent, Yu-Gi-Oh!) are "kiddy" things. They also botched One Piece (one of my favorite manga/anime) so poorly that they had to stop dubbing it. Their overcensorship removed all forms of guns, blood, swearing, death, and sexual themes, even if the things they removed were very mild. And don't even get me started on how they removed the original (great) One Piece theme song and replaced it with a stupid rap. I don't see how anyone could miss them. Good riddance, 4kids!

Last edited:

Vernikova

Champion
They are the main reason that people think Pokemon (and to a lesser extent, Yu-Gi-Oh!) are "kiddy" things.

And here I thought the main reason was because they were for kids. My mistake.

MuffinPaula

。Haru~Desu。
Ugh.. 4kids is the worst to be honest there dubs sucks. They always censor things that are not needed to (We all know Yugioh .-.). THEN CHANGE THE RATING TO 13+ like srsly stop making 13+ animes to Y7+. I always prefer FUNimations over them. Actually I prefer SUBS out of everything. Original is always the best

I only end up watching DUBs if it's my fav anime or I end up seeing it on TV.

Chris

Old Coot
Ugh.. 4kids is the worst to be honest there dubs sucks. They always censor things that are not needed to (We all know Yugioh .-.). THEN CHANGE THE RATING TO 13+ like srsly stop making 13+ animes to Y7+. I always prefer FUNimations over them. Actually I prefer SUBS out of everything. Original is always the best
Uh, 4Kids has never dubbed anything that wasn't targeted for kids. Everything they've done has either been for small children (such as Pokemon and Kirby) or for kids, tweens and up (One Piece).

MuffinPaula

。Haru~Desu。
Uh, 4Kids has never dubbed anything that wasn't targeted for kids. Everything they've done has either been for small children (such as Pokemon and Kirby) or for kids, tweens and up (One Piece).

Never noticed. I don't check all shows there since I don't like most of them. But they delete stupid scenes like invisible guns. It's not like they were gonna shoot him (reference from Yugioh)

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Chris; said:
Up until the Exeggutor episode for about two runs. Then Kids' WB! bought the rights to exclusively air the series and continued from there.

Well I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who remembers pokemon on UPN. I used to watch it everyday after Beast Wars. Those were the days.

pampam88

Pokenerd/Animenerd=D
I liked the Kirby show and the sonic show. Those were my two favorites, though i was like 7 when i liked watching them. I still do, just never on...

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
4Kids is evil, end of story!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Isn't pokemon the only legit anime they did? lol

Ultimate Muscle and Fighting Foodons are considered their best dubs.

Okay, as much as I don't like the butchering 4KIDS has done, I admit that I am going to miss them a little when they leave the airwaves (yeah, Toonzai is still on). Whether we like it or not, 4KIDS was technically our childhood. And it's thanks to 4KIDS that Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon got popular here in the U.S., I'll give them that kind of credit, but that's about it.

If there's anything I'm going to miss from 4KIDS, it's Pokémon, possibly Kirby, I totally miss Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and DAN GREEN's hamminess. Because I doubt Dan Green is hammy in any other studio he's worked for.

Chris

Old Coot
If there's anything I'm going to miss from 4KIDS, it's Pokémon, possibly Kirby, I totally miss Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and DAN GREEN's hamminess. Because I doubt Dan Green is hammy in any other studio he's worked for.
It's really too bad they completely dropped the ball by making Fast Forward. Holy hell, was that a bad choice to make.

Rex Kamex

I'm grateful for the Funimation dub of One Piece because it's much closer to the original than the 4Kids version, and they're giving us the Japanese version as well. At the same time, I can't help but wonder what 4Kids truly would've done with certain elements of future episodes of the show.

One of the biggest issues for me with 4Kids and Pokemon was how they handled the music in the dub, particularly in late Johto and also Hoenn, when they replaced a lot of the music with pieces that, imo, made the show itself less interesting.