• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Only Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!

gamerdude123

my first shiny
i havent done it but i am gonna try it with chimchar

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Chimchar sounds interesting, I wish you good luck! Which game?

Right now, I'm powertraining Nubble the Budew. She's of the Relaxed nature, which is pretty good; Budew needs all the defense it can get.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.

Mattyz

Blue Mew ^^
My friend beat the Diamond game with a Buizel I believe he got it up to lvl 96 or something :p

The King of Ho-oh's

<---- Newest Shiny
Evolving makes it pointless, really; it's just as easy to beat the game with an Alakazam as it is with an Infernape, or a Empoleon. Doing something with poor stats makes it a good challenge, which is the whole point of the thing, anyway.

Okay just asking. I think I will go play through with just a clampearl.

LegendaryRotom

Perhaps even a Kricketot!
Oh God. Now I want to try this. I did an only run with Kricketune once. Swords Dance and X-Scissor were my saving grace.
But, Perish Song was my trump card in the gyms. (use on last pokemon since you'll have HM slaves)
Even though it's fully evolved, Kricketune works like a NFE. Bad stats for the majority.

I recently did a run with Castform to. THAT was fun. Casty's moveset is great for single pokemon challenges.
Ice beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball/Water Pulse+Choice specs
when EV'ed is like having an entire sp.atk-based team in one pokemon! Supercell indeed!

Kreis

Still Dirrty
This was my idea. >:0

I've considered trying an only run with a Hoppip, that's a little bugger that would make the game challenging.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I just beat Roark.

Nubble, level 17, Mega Drain/Growth/Water Sport/Stun Spore. :3

Good luck to everyone else.

Slap Bass♪

Oom pah pah.
Wow, I've heard of mono-type challenges, but never only runs. I think I'll give it a go.

I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
I've done this before on both my fire red with a Beedrill, and in emerald with a Dustox. The only real challenge is the beginning up too the third gym, then its just smooth sailing from there.

I may actually do another solo run, but in this generation. Starly's been done before, as well as Shinx and Bidoof, so that leaves little choice for an early pokemon. The choice for me will be Onix on my Pearl.

Wish me luck?

I<3 You

Attempting to Chain
I went with magikarp using only splash. Jk.

I did a poocheyena in pearl and hacked a level 5 shaymin and soloed. It's fun

Alloute

Not Banned
Now, I hope you know what an only run is, but if you don't, then I'll enlighten you. An only run is when you beat your game with only one Pokemon. You can also have some HM slaves, but they are not allowed to fight, with the exception of double battles. Now, here is where you brag about having beaten the game with one Pokemon, talk about your progress in this, or just request a good Pokemon to beat the game with.

For example; I am going to beat Pokemon Diamond with a Budew. I did it before, but I restarted the save file, and I cheated a bit, soo yeah. Also, by the way, this section is only for fourth generation only runs. So, have fun!

By the way.. it's really easy to beat the game with a fully evolved starter.. but try something difficult! Maybe a Bibarel, or a Starly? Perhaps even a Kricketot!

I've already tried that, in 2003 in Sapphire version.

Blaziken was at level 87 by the time I arrived in EverGrande...

I have not tried in DP however...

Elite Four Muadita

I wanna try with Cranidos. Good attack but horrible defenses would make it challenging. Or maybe a Pichu...I like Dunsparce as well.

Its funny you should mention dunsparce since thats what im planning for an Italina file i just got my hands on :p

HAIL THE MIGHTY ;206;

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I try to avoid evolving my only run Pokemon, I find it challenging using a 1st stage Pokemon. And it's kinda fun too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.