• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Only Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

League

Master Abra Catcher
I don't feel like restarting Diamond, as I've already spent forever looking for a good Wooper and am still looking for a good Wooper. (Who btw I guess has potential for an only run, 2 immunities, and only 1 weakness, who can heal mid-battle, and can hold a Grass-weakening berry. It also has Amnesia to give it a decent Sp. Def.) If I get Platinum though, I will try this with a Rivalry-Luxray. He'd be real strong against those his gender, weak against those not, barring Attract.

Crobat would be a doozy. The fossils would be fun, especially packing potions for Rampardos. As well, I could see a No Guard Bulk-Up Machoke doing decently. Golduck would probably be a breeze for it. Wormadam: that may be a good one, somewhat challenging maybe, unassuming Steel Cloak--Ground Cloak may be a moderate path. Now, Pachirisu would be a great one. I could see Floatzel kicking butt, as could many Water types. Cherrim would be interesting. Gastrodon would be easy I guess, especially with egg moves Counter/Mirror Coat. Ambipom could easily kick butt. Drifblim could do well, especially with Unburden for sweeping and Natural Gift being cheap. Lopunny would actually do decent. Mismagius with Will-o-wisp would be too easy. Honchkrow would be easy too. Purugly I think would do surprisingly well. Seaking would be hard due to lacking movepool. Whiscash would be real easy, especially if it packed Spark. Chimecho: there'd be a modest challenge.

Skuntank: easy. Medicham: real easy. Bronzong: easy real early on, due to type; harder later, as attack types become more varied; then, easy, as Bronzong comes. Rapidash: easy. Bonsly, upon reviewing its stats, could do it well enough, as could Mime Jr. (Someone did it already with Bonsly I suppose, so eh.) Clefable could easily do it with Magic Guard and Life Orb. Chatot would be fun. Pikachu would be easily possible, but not so original. Noctowl would probably be easy if the right tutors were involved. Muchlax could do it, and would look great meanwhile. Heh, Unown would be great, as long as it isn't HP Water/Electric/Poison/Fighting/Normal/Psychic/Ghost/Fire/Ground, as there'd be things it couldn't hit, or HP Steel/Grass/Ice/Bug/Rock/Dark as there'd be things it'd take a million years to kill. It'd have to be Dragon or Flying. Riolu could do it, even if it was just a FEAR strat. Shockwave sets Pelipper apart I suppose. Girafirig would be easy as would Hippowdon. Hippopotas itself would be real easy, between Eathquake, Toxic, Endure/Protect, and something for Lucian's Bronzong.

Azumarill could bring some heat. Drapion could too, possibly even Skorupi. Toxicroak, no question, but Croagunk could possibly do it too. Carnivine would probably get screwed over by Lucario, although a Sub-seeder would kick major potookus I guess. Octillery has the odd movepool, easy enough. Lumineon could do it, but it lacks luster: it'd bore me. Tentacruel would be ridiculously easy to do it with should your rival not have an Empoleon--though Tentacruel could match that easily (slowly thoug)h, having great Sp Def. Mantyke could do it easily, especially if it lacks having to fight Empoleon. Snover could maybe do it. Sneasel could definetly do it.

From Platinum's Sinnoh Dex, Gligar could easily do it, Nosepass could maybe do it, Kirlia's evos undoubtedly, Lickitung most certainly, Eevee if used correctly (Adaptability, poisoned, full health at the start of the battle, Facade), to say nothing of its evos, Altaria most likely, Togetic without a doubt, Houndour possibly, Magneton assuredly, Tangela possibly, Tangrowth definetly, Yanma easily, Yanmega even more easily, Tropius if utilizing Natural Gift Fire 80, not Rhydon but yes Rhyperior, Duskull possibly, and definetly Dusknoir or Dusclops, any Porygon, Scizor surely, Scyther maybe, Electabuzz/Magmar and up definetly, Piloswine and up definetly, very littly but possibly Snorunt if built somewhat like Walrein--must utilize Hail and probably must change TMs constantly. Absol, easily, though I may be biased there.

I did this with a Hitmonlee in Yellow, though I didn't really pay it much thought. Anyway, should I get Platinum, I'll be very excited to do this. I might just constantly restart and obtain the legendaries over and over, each time ripping through the game with one pokemon.

Jun's Heracross

Battle Ace
I did one with a farfecth'd level 98 after e4 swords dance is a life saver then with poison jab night slash and air slash i just about managed to do it with a couple of full restores and revives. never again though.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
i haven't actually tried this, but i think i will try it once i finish playing through. ;)

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
i wonder if i'd make it on just using a munchlax or starly or lopunny?

Sephiroth_Strife

I'd try this if I got Platinum, which I hope to soon.
I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
I'm a little confused though. How do you do this with Pokemon found only later in the game? Trade them from a different version, at a low level, to the Only Run file?

If it's breed-able, that is preffered. For me atleast. That way the Pokemon will listen to me if I hatch it in the Only Run file.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The region dexes prevent me from doing this with the pokes I'd like to.

Actually they don't. In both Diamond/Pearl and Platinum, it is possible to use Pokemon outside the regional pokedexs for some reason. I couldn't believe it either, but try it.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer

yeah. though starly you can catch right off the bat, so excluding the beginning you could use a starly. though it'll be hard beating the first gym right away, i think...

Volt of Noid

<-- Best Shiny ever
I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
I'll admit I've done it with my Blaziken in emerald...but thats not the point.

In diamond, I think I might try with a bidoof...I reckon the lady at the poke centers gonna get real mad and kick me out for healing after every battle. LOL.

a bidoof huh? i think you're the only person who's trying a run only with that pokemon, because i don't know many people who like bidoof. XD

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
Bidoof/Bibarel are A LOT better than most people think.
:/

huh... well i actually never use mine except as an HM slave and when in need of reviving a pokemon, i put this pokemon in.

anyway, back to the point; i'm thinking of trying with a piplup and not evolving it at all... :\

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I'm thinking about one in Diamond for either Gallade, Rhyperior, Pikachu, or Kingdra.

On topic, I've done solo runs with Blastoise in FR, Starmie, Dragonite, and Snorlax on three seperate LG files, Feraligatr on Silver, Blaziken on Ruby, and Swampert on Emerald. I'm actually in the middle of a solo run on my Emerald with a Ralts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.