• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ooo...Shiny!

Congrats on your shiny Pidgey! =D
My first (and only) shiny was in FRLG when I was surfing to catch Zapdos. I ran into tentacool and was about to kill it when I realised it was purple! I was started to freak out and I was afraid i would kill it if I attacked so I just kept throwing out pokeballs and I caught it! =D Now it sits in a pokebox in diamond.

i have encountered 2 shineys one in fire red my beautiful nidorina that i evolved into nidoqueen witch randomly vanished after i let my brother play my game and a golden geodude from diamond that got smashed to tiny shard after being run over by a school bus
(why why my shiny geodude and and level 100 palkia whyyyyy) T__T

swalot=yes

<-Get in ma bella!
I once got two shiny bibarels IN A ROW

pokemon ruler

I like NOEIN
my first shiny was on gold it was red and it was a second evolution and it was METAPOD my second shiny was a Gyrados (in gold) my third fourth and fith were in fire red they were, in order, swinub in the ice cave on four island, male nidoran in safari zone then a shiny zubat. my sixth shiny was on my first pearl it was my first catchable pokemon it was a female adamant starly level 2 it had the following IVs 31 hp, 31 attack, 15 defence, 12 sp attack, 21 sp defence, 29 speed. then my game was stolen just after i beat the elite four. after that i chained many shiny pokemon on my second pearl and i have over 3 boxes of SR, chained and random encounter shinys.

No. 1 Machop Fan

AND NOW I HATE MACHOP MORE THAN EVER!!!!

I actually found that offensive!

But I guess, out of the few Shiny non-Gyarados I've found, I've never failed to capture them, so I wouldn't understand the pain.

purple walrus

Well I gave up on the masuda method after 120 eggs it gets annoying so I just learned to use the RNG method and after 13 resests (so I didn't have to do 200+ taps) I finally got a resonable tap number and now have a shiny spheal.

chikoritalover16

Nice going! I found my first on Pearl, when I was looking for a Golbat for the Solaceon reporter guy. Instead, I found a shiny Zubat! I caught him with an ultra ball and nicknamed him Shiny (creative, I know). He is now a Crobat in the PC.

Defy gravity!
;152;

Flare64

Proud Gen III Fan
My first shiny was a Zubat in Dewford Cave :D
I still have her (name's Melon) and she's now a Crobat!
I found another shiny Zubat in Diamond. I'm not sure what I did with it though...

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
I have a few shinies, about 10 or something. One of them was a Shiny Giratina on my Pt., it only took me 168 SR's to find it, and when I did, I immediatly wasted my masterball. Whoopie.
Once on my Diamond, I found a shiny Wooper in the safari zone, then it ran, I was ANGRY, my friend was busting out laughing and I punched him. Quagsire's one of my favorite Pokemon, too... :(
Once I saw a shiny Chansey in the Battle Arcade, but it was owned by a trainer. That jerk...
And my most memorable, Lucky, the Staraptor. I was EV training something in speed, so I went to the trophy garden. Yeah whatever, knockin' out Pichu's, Pikachu's, Staravia's, then it appeared. At first I was like, "Oh, a shiny!" then I went to "Oh, ****, it knows Whirlwind!" A few desperate Ultra balls later, it's mine. Awesome. And what's cool is that not only is it shiny, it's got freakin' sweet IV's to boot. Woo.

ChrisOk1

My first and only shiny is my shiny tentacool that I found while surfing in emerald
LOL Exactly the same as me my first shiny was a shiny tentecool found in Emerald whilst fishing for a shiny Magikarp. I moved to a different spot cause i got bored of the current scenery and encountered shiny Tentacool.

pure13power

i cought a shiny marill in the safari zone on my first try it was an ugly greenish color so i thought no big but after training it, it evolvedd into an amazing YELLOW azumarill and is now my favorite. this was in emerald by the way

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
They want to share the joy of finally having a shiny and as we know, shinies are rare. Who can blame them?

Yes, getting a shiny is pretty damn amazing. I can honestly say not alot compares with that feeling of elation. But isn't there a club to discuss this?

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
Shiny Geodude In my Diamond.....

F***er exploded =/

In Silver I got a shiny drowzee; traded it for that man in goldenrod for a machop XD

DeltaInferno

~InnocentIllusions~
I got a Shiny Poochyena in Emerald. I only had 3 Ultra Balls at the time, and no Pokemon weak enough to not KO it. Caught it with my last Ultra Ball.
Also, I caught a Shiny Bidoof in Pearl. ._.

yeminied

My most memorable shiny is the gold Magikarp I bought from the idiotic Magikarp Salesman outside Mount Moon. Seriously, what an imbocile. 500 PokeDollars for a SHINY Pokemon and one that can evolve into, imo, one of the coolest looking shinies ever.

Sadly I lost him but I almost killed the shiny Rhydon in Victory Road on Platinum. I definitely won't loose him.

skwog_the_whale

.Change.Chaos.
Since I have learned how to chain, shinies are less eventful for me. But still, I've had my fair share of hilarious shiny encounters through the years.

One that I remember distinctly was back in the day I was playing my Silver version and was doing the Bug Catching Contest when a shiny Venonat appeared. Then it ran away. Sad day for me.

Another time I was playing my Crystal on the TV through Pokemon Stadium 2, and was walking around in Mt. Silver when a shiny Ursaring appeared. I had this on a projector and had the screen projected on my living room wall since me and my friends were having a party. We all started freaking out, and when I went to catch the Ursaring, it said "The PC is full". Ugh...

More recently, I was playing Sapphire version and ran into about my third shiny Tentacuel through the years (that makes me sound so old -.-) and caught it and did a quick IV calculation found out it had really amazing IVs and was Jolly nature. Then my brother got mad at me and threw my Gameboy across the room. I didn't save...

jupitol

Hybrid pokemon! ^`_^
Hmm, the shinies that I can remember off of the top of my head (so, not including things like that vaguely remembered shiny tentacool)...

Mostly an UTTER PAIN...

Pokemon Emerald, heading up to fight my rival for the first time, I ran into a shiny poochyena. Obviously, I couldn't catch it, as you don't GET pokeballs until AFTER your rival fight #1... T`_T

Pokemon Diamond, I was training in the area where you first get your starter and ran into a shiny starly. Cue swearing as at that point: a) Otoojio (my now-empoleon) would KO it in a single hit with ANY of his moves (he was a prinplup at that point, and it was level 2 or 3...), b) I had not yet, again, obtained pokeballs. ...
... TT`_TT
But whatever, If I HAD caught it, I would never have gotten Miru, so I don't complain, merely look back kind of wistfully. 9`_9

But I remember last year, when I was playing Crystal, and I'd just gone down to the route below Blackthorn to train my new E-Speed Dratini...
And sent it out into battle.
I was all: "Cool, it's a gir..." O`_O "SHINY SPARKLE?! ... SHINY FEMALE DRATINI WITH EXTREMESPEED! YEEEEEE!"
I proceeded to bounce around the house and talk about how awesome it was to anybody who listened. And who didn't listen (read, everybody). And the next day when I went to school.
Now Amaizumi is a dragonair and never going to evolve (I am SO GLAD it wasn't in a later gen, where she'd be pink rather than a lavendery colour) because shiny dragonite looked silly even then.

And a Ruby game from waay, waaaaay back, a donphan, caught as a phanpy in the safari zone.

Last edited:

Dusk

Dawn
Surfed. Shiny Tentacool. No Pokeballs. Reaction-

[IMG200]http://gregkinman.com/Pictures/Crying%20Face.jpg[/IMG200]