• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

OoT 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

acetrainerbob

has written:
The place to talk about OoT 3D, one of the best games for the 3DS and a remake of one of the best games according to popularity.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Haven't played the new version, but the original is my favourite game of all time (followed by its sequal, MM).

You can discuss it here. I'm pretty sure there's only about a million threads for it, too.

I personally would have preferred a Majora's Mask remake, because I consider it the superior game and one which has not gotten enough attention. However, I can understand why OoT would be chosen; it probably would see a bunch of systems, especially with the changes made to make the Water Temple less irritating and more playable.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I haven't finished it yet, but I've already played OoT so many times, I know what's gonna happen. I loved the updates to the graphics, they didn't really do anything wrong. I would have loved a Majora's Mask remake, however. I was never able to get past the desert temple and I need the motivation to finish the game.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You can discuss it here. I'm pretty sure there's only about a million threads for it, too.

Specifically, this thread.

My only complaint with Oot3D is that they didn't redo the music. Sure the n64 music is decent quality, but the one new track they put in (the additional end credits) uses the 3DS's full potential and is absolutely astonishing. I don't see why the rest of the sound track couldn't be that high quality.

My only complaint with Oot3D is that they didn't redo the music. Sure the n64 music is decent quality, but the one new track they put in (the additional end credits) uses the 3DS's full potential and is absolutely astonishing. I don't see why the rest of the sound track couldn't be that high quality.

My guess is that that is for nostalgic purposes. People wanting to have their nostalgia would surely balk at the idea of the music being REDONE in HIGHER QUALITY, right?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I haven't played it yet but will soon.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
My guess is that that is for nostalgic purposes. People wanting to have their nostalgia would surely balk at the idea of the music being REDONE in HIGHER QUALITY, right?

I'm pretty sure such people would also balk about the graphics being in higher quality, the controls not being the same as the original, and the game being for a different platform. I don't see why there is a double standard.

acetrainerbob

has written:
an MM remake would be nice, but I really don't see a reason to remake it. The original graphics still look great, and there's nothing to be done about it. They could modify the difficulty of the game and stuff, but that would just screw up the game itself. It would be cool to see MM in 3D, especially as I've barely played through the game myself, but couldn't Nintendo use the time absorbed by the MM remake for another new game? I mean it would be cool to have SS (Skyward Sword), MM, and OoT as a trilogy for current gen consoles (Skyward Sword comes before OoT in the timeline), but Nintendo and Grezzo could mae another new Zelda game. They could just make an MM port, but to render it in 3D would require a lot of time.

I'm pretty sure such people would also balk about the graphics being in higher quality, the controls not being the same as the original, and the game being for a different platform. I don't see why there is a double standard.

Neither do I. But like all double standards, it's stupid. Really, though, somehow the music makes a stronger connection than graphics, controls, etc. do. Unless a game is meant to be balls to the wall hard (like Lemmings), control changes, particularly ones that make the game more playable, hardly matter to me. Higher-quality graphics is a natural step in gaming evolution; eye candy sells, and in the right game, high-end graphics are probably preferable to evoke that "cinematic feel" -- like this game. And the game being on a different platform? I don't think a new N64 has been produced in ten years, so we'd have to cut them slack there.

an MM remake would be nice, but I really don't see a reason to remake it. The original graphics still look great, and there's nothing to be done about it. They could modify the difficulty of the game and stuff, but that would just screw up the game itself. It would be cool to see MM in 3D, especially as I've barely played through the game myself, but couldn't Nintendo use the time absorbed by the MM remake for another new game? I mean it would be cool to have SS (Skyward Sword), MM, and OoT as a trilogy for current gen consoles (Skyward Sword comes before OoT in the timeline), but Nintendo and Grezzo could mae another new Zelda game. They could just make an MM port, but to render it in 3D would require a lot of time.

Oh, of course, they could use the time they blow on ports to make new games just fine and give us higher-quality results in the long run. I'm not sure that's best for business, but they can do it, and it would be preferable by far to play a new Zelda game instead of OoT or even MM again. I simply would prefer MM to OoT if they have to make remakes, because I consider it the superior game by far.

acetrainerbob

has written:
This is the first copy of OoT I've ever owned, and I pearsonally think it's lived up to the hype. Out of the three Zelda games I have, this comes first, TT at a close second, and ST at third

Oh I wish I had a 3DS. Anyways I played the N64 (I grew up with it) so many childhood memories. OoT is just awesome.

Profesco

gone gently
The place to talk about OoT 3D, one of the best games for the 3DS and a remake of one of the best games according to popularity.

... is the Nintendo Discussion subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.