• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Open the Tomb [MtG]

Getting two Death Barons made me want to make this deck, and it seems fun to play but I do have some concerns.

Creatures:
[4] Death Baron
[4] Cemetery Reaper
[4] Warpath Ghoul
[4] Dregscape Zombie
[4] Viscera Dragger
[4] Gravedigger
[4] Null Champion
(Total: 28)

Other Spells:
[4] Doom Blade
[4] Disentomb
[4] Quest for the Gravelord
(Total: 12)

Land:
[20] Swamp

Sideboard:
None yet.

As you can see, I have the main deck sorted I think, but have no idea about sideboard. I know already that I'm going to have a problem with UW control, so I want to have something which helps me deal with that. Help pl0x.

My basic suggestion is -4 Warpath Ghoul, -4 Swamp; +4 Rotting Rats or Escaped Null, +4 Crypt of Agadeem to help out with an unearth theme, or +4 Dragonskull Summit with 4 Terminate in board in case of Jund. Sadly, Damnation is not standard, or else I'd say that you need a full set of those (they speed up Quest for the Gravelord, dump creatures to your grave, and bomb whole enemy fields!)

As far as countering UW control, since your fastest drop is 2 mana, you may want to consider throwing in something else modestly useful for cheap. (Fast deck tends to outdo control deck in most cases.)

If you expand to extended, you need need need NEED Damnations, and splashing red for Thought Hemorrhage never hurt anyone there, either. However, that's a beast of a whole other nature.

We'll get to sideboard overall when we have a finished deck design. However, red splash would not hurt to help you deal with Jund, and a little better synergy with the unearth mechanic and fun times with zombies you have going on... might not hurt.

-4 Warpath Ghoul, -4 Swamp; +4 Rotting Rats or Escaped Null
Dropping 4 Swamps seems fine, but not too sure about dropping Warpath Ghoul since it's the closest thing I have to being able to live through Lightning Bolts. I'd be fine with -4 Null Champion +4 Escaped Null (since Null Champion was merely thrown in on a whim when I realised I was 4 cards short lol). However that would make me a bit slower in build up, which I don't really want, so in some ways Escaped Null isn't the best of ideas.
+4 Crypt of Agadeem to help out with an unearth theme
Not really an unearth theme, as I'd rather not rely on things attacking one turn then dying regardless of what I do. :/ But yeah I looked at Crypt of Agadeem and liked what I saw. But it's a rare. ;~;
or +4 Dragonskull Summit with 4 Terminate in board in case of Jund.
Hm that's not a bad idea... But again, rares. ;~;

I'll give red a thought... I guess using red would let me utilize things like Lightning Reaver, Grixis Grimblade, Shambling Remains, or even maybe Deathbringer Thoctar. The only downside to adding red that I can see at this stage is it'll make the deck a fuckload more expensive to build. :/

EDIT: Oh yeah, I was also thinking of running a couple of Coat of Arms, so thoughts on that? I'd probably only run two.

Last edited:
Double post, sue me.

Raging that there's no Arid Mesa equivalent for Swamp+Mountain. I'm thinking of going -14 Swamp +4 Akoum Refuge +4 Lavaclaw Reaches +4 Dragonskull Summit +2 Mountain to get the balance of mana going (I don't see the point in fetchland with no appropriate Arid Mesa-esque card). I don't think I'd need Crypt of Agadeem tbh.

In terms of creatures, I could go with -4 Null Champion +4 Grixis Grimblade and maybe -2 Gravedigger +2 Deathrbinger Thoctar or +2 Shambling Remains (or I could take out all of the Gravediggers and have both), as I'm not so sure how effective Gravedigger would actually be.

I'm pretty sure those changes would let me just throw in +4 Terminate too.