• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Opening computer as a gateway

Arande

Google fails at finding any help, and couldn't find any on the forums :/

Basically my computer has ethernet to connect to internet. I also have a wireless adaptor (not nintendo's) Trying to open my computer as a gateway so my DS can connect through my computer. Happen to be anyone that knows?

BCVM22

Google fails at finding any help, and couldn't find any on the forums :/

Basically my computer has ethernet to connect to internet. I also have a wireless adaptor (not nintendo's) Trying to open my computer as a gateway so my DS can connect through my computer. Happen to be anyone that knows?

I can only partially understand what you're attempting to say, but if you already have something that broadcasts a wireless signal, your DS should be able to detect the signal and connect using that. The DS, to the best of my knowledge, cannot "connect through your computer" - you need wireless Internet, either via a wireless router or similar apparatus or a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector.

Arande

Basically I am trying to set up my computer as an "acess point" by opening it as a gateway for a wireless network. That way my wireless adaptor should work like the nintendo USB wifi piece does.

My DS does pick up my wireless, but can't connect to the internet throguh it.