• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Openings and Endings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny_Wooper

You know, every single pokemon episode has that little opening theme song right? I have a couple questions:
  • Would you rather have a opening theme song or none at all?
    [*]Would you like a ending theme song like in the first season with the pokerap?
    [*]Do you want the openings to be longer?

I personally like a opening song, and i want a ending song, since I watch pokemon black and white/rival destinies in Japanese they always have an ending song, I enjoy it.

So what do you think?

shelldude400

I don't mind them being there, but I prefer them shorter (like the BF English one)
Once the episode ends I usually watch the ending song to see the preview for the next ep :p
And god the pokerap annoys me.. xD

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
I pretty much liked the first opening and the first theme song has always been my favourite.It's good to have a theme song that marks the beginning of each episode.
As for the ending,they always make me feel sad,as part of the end of an episode...It's still okay to have them until they get too long.

Blessed

In Japan the openings are longer, the English should have done the same, whilst keeping the same things just translating from Japanese to English. It's just so much better that way.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
In Japan the openings are longer, the English should have done the same, whilst keeping the same things just translating from Japanese to English. It's just so much better that way.

Except they can't, because the commercial break length for cartoons shown in america is longer than for anime in japan. Hate on it all you want, but something in the show has to go for it to fit.

Blessed

Except they can't, because the commercial break length for cartoons shown in america is longer than for anime in japan. Hate on it all you want, but something in the show has to go for it to fit.

Obviously I know they can't. & the things you aforementioned I already know.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I'd rather have an opening song, something like how the first season did. I felt like the theme songs were losing its spirit over time.

If I want an ending song, I don't want another PokéRap. I didn't mind the Kanto and Johto raps, but it got really bad around Hoenn.

They have full versions of the opening themes available. I could care less if the opening animation isn't longer, I can fill in the gaps myself.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I'm a fan of every opening theme songs to the Pokemon Dub, and some to the Japanese openings. I'm not too much into endings, but I do love a lot of them out there (Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Lab; for example). It's the openings of Pokemon that I enjoy a lot. Especially Season 7 and 8!

I like the openings, by far "Be An Arrow" is my favorite, I kinda wished they showed endings on Cartoonnetwork. But, I heard the Pokerap for Gen 5, and I don't like it that much.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I like an opening song but I don't like most of the closing ones.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Yeah, they're quite awesome.
Yeah, but I'm quite alright with what we have right now.
No. Long intros are boring.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Say what you want about 4kids but they did know how to do theme songs well.

pokegirl24

I do like the opening and ending theme song and I do like them long I also like the pokerap I really like the Pokemon songs their awesome

Poliwhirl'sMittens

Lorelei's Apprentice
Pokemon has some of the best music of all time so an opening theme is a must!

I liked the Pikachu's Jukebox thing they had going on in the first couple of seasons because I loved all of the songs from the 2.B.A Master album. They were all so catchy! I even owned the album and played it over and over again as a kid. Never got tired of the great music. I don't mind ending songs as long as they switch them up like Pikachu's Jukebox.

No. Most Japanese intros are a minute and 30 seconds while most American intros are around only 30 seconds. 1:30 is waaaayyy too long in my opinion and when I watch episodes online I tend to always skip Japanese intros but listen to the American ones.

I don't think so at all especially since I thought most of the English songs were way better sounding.

Last edited:

Mudkipzroks

I like being nice!
I like an opening song and plus the pokemon anime has great songs but i really don't like ending ones

PrismaticPrincessAnna

I'll do my Lilliest
I don't mind them, but some are boring to listen to :/ The ones of DP and above were boring, except the BW theme one, THAT one is most epic and the rest, they bring so much memories, esp Advance theme songs,,, they make my heart sink xD;; nya~

Cutty

Forever now
It doesn't matter for me. Some opening songs are catchy but they can only go so far.
I'm not into them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.