• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Operation: Dub Pikachu / Half Marshtomp (1130)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

STICKTOPIA

Made the mistake of watching the last stupid filler, won't be watching this time lol.
I can promise you I’ll never let this mistake happen to me again.

Cradily17

Pretty decent overall. I was hoping either Ash or Go would catch Ludicolo, even though I expected it to not happen.

STICKTOPIA

I had zero hope in ash getting marshtomp and I had a feeling the other guy wouldn’t catch it either. All that effort to get marshtomp out the ground for ALL of them to be buried all over again. I can’t even explain how bad I feel about this episode

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Unlike others I liked the first segment A LOT. The trio dynamic is so freaking good and this episode highlights it perfectly. I also loved how they thought Pikachu likes them lol, was funny. The second part also had its own hilarious parts, I love ash and goh's dynamic sm lol, the ludicolo was hilarious. It was a nice breather to prepare for the darkest day arc but I can see why people dislike it, it is non consequential filler and only debuted two Pokémon in the series, it could have been scrapped to give the darkest day 5 episodes and Marshtomp and ludicolo could have been introduced later on in the series for a minor role. Pretty sure this ep exists for the Japanese meme only, hoped the Japan kids liked it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Team Rocket part was great but I honestly can't wait for this saga to end so they can hopefully go back to having Pokemon and get bonding episodes instead of their focus episodes solely being skippable. I do like the TRio are breaking the fourth wall again though and I do hope that that sticks as it was part of the OS charm

Also didn't notice earlier but Goh wasn't in the first half at all lmao. And for that factor this is instantly 10/10! Can we get a full episode without him now please?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
I wasn't sure what to make of this episode tbph, it was as weird as the Magikarp/Slowking episode, inconsequential and skippale.

Dub segment: With whatever Meowth has come down with, TR now has to self isolate and amuse themselves by doing some good ol' fashioned foley. I suppose it was amusing to see them put their own spin on trying to guess what Pikachu was thinking. I'd like to imagine that Meowth translating what Pikachu really thought as past TR got blasted off was deemed unbroadcastable. Morpeko might as well not have been in the episode tbh.
Marshtomp segment: Go trying to cheese the problem by trying to capture Marshtomp was a galaxy brain move that reconfirms what happened in SM069 when the Ultra Guardians failed to capture Celesteela that was firmly buried in the ground (And imo that's the BIG takeaway from the episode). This segment was essentially a contest to see who is the most dense, espcially since what happened at the end made the 8-min segment pointless. Honestly the only other thing I took away from this segment was the fact that Ludicolo can learn Sunny Day.
I wasn't expecting the opening titles to appear halfway through the episode though, I remember that not being the case in JN026, also both this and JN026 both happened to be episodes that precede Galar episodes.

Looks like they only swapped back to the old version of 1-2-3 for last episode and are now back onto the second version, which is odd.
Don't you mean Pokemon Shiritori?

Lacuna

Goodnight
So many people in here saying this episode was useless/pointless, but like... of course it was? It's just your typical filler to space things out a bit. It's not too surprising, since we've had a lot of stuff happening in the past few weeks AND we're getting a whole arc right after this. I just don't get how you can call an episode complete trash when it has literally no impact on anything else lol.

Anyway, obviously this episode is totally inconsequential and skippable, but I for one thought it was funny. Sick Meowth and Wobbuffet With A Nose were both scary in very different ways to me. Also I laughed way harder about Ludicolo than I really should have... maybe I'm the one getting sick.

wertyuiop[

So many people in here saying this episode was useless/pointless, but like... of course it was?- -I just don't get how you can call an episode complete trash when it has literally no impact on anything else lol.
I think the added annoyance with this episode is because of the Marshtomp capture speculation.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Another funny episode. I love the feeling of the double stories.

Also, holy crap Kojirou actually called Satoshi by 'Satoshi'!!
He did that in Sun & Moon episode 81 as well. Clearly he's okay with doing that whenever he's playing a part. Pikachu here, wrestling announcer in that one.
fRTmGR1.png

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ok so after watching the subs the dub Pikachu segment was hilarious, especially the end with Meowth being like "I don't have the heart to tell them what Pikachu is actually saying" . The marshtomp one was eh tho.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ok so after watching the subs the dub Pikachu segment was hilarious, especially the end with Meowth being like "I don't have the heart to tell them what Pikachu is actually saying" . The marshtomp one was eh tho.

Pre-subs, the Marshtomp one was funnier due to the visual comedy. I agree, with subs, the Team Rocket one was funnier. I cackled at the "I love you" part with Jessie and James-dubbed Pikachu.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Pre-subs, the Marshtomp one was funnier due to the visual comedy. I agree, with subs, the Team Rocket one was funnier. I cackled at the "I love you" part with Jessie and James-dubbed Pikachu.
I think with the dub, TR one would be better. But with sub, Marshtomp one is better because it's more visual.