1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Operation GEAR: The Angel of Reckoning (R)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by The Great Butler, May 5, 2012.

1. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

It ended where all the setup for the actual battle finished. If I had advanced any further, it would have left off at an even more awkward place, and also what comes next with the group conversing might not have been a great ending place either.

I think what you've seen to this point, and what was intended to be, is that Bunny is more uncompromising morally. This is not something that's acceptable to her, but at the same time she probably believes that Nekou *is* helping Olivia, so she isn't doing anything about it immediately - it might not be the perspective you see the events from, but Bunny has her own conflicted viewpoint of what's going on and I think it's an equally valid one.

See, I think Matt does have some conflict internally about it, but he’s the kind of person who really tries to keep his promises and everything he said to Nekou in the previous chapters, he completely meant. Not to mention that he did have suspicions when he said those things, so he meant them.

I’m glad you liked all those things. When it comes to how I expanded N’s backstory, given that this is a retelling of a Team Plasma story that could have taken place within the anime’s timeline, I needed a way to explain where the Zekrom in the first BW episode came from. I didn’t want it to be a wild one, and I always thought that Zekrom suits N better than Reshiram, so I came to the conclusion that N was able to summon Zekrom but not entirely bond with it, causing it to go off and be drawn to another potential hero (Ash) before vanishing until N could fully bond with it.

Yes it does, and yet, he wouldn’t dare forget.

I think that this is a case of him knowing there’s nothing he can do to undo what already took place. That doesn’t mean that he isn’t beating himself up internally for it, far from it. The fact that so much harm was done to Mitsumi through things he had no idea were actually happening (like his augmentation leaving a horrible impression on her because of the similarities to what Cyrus did to her, or Mercury rescuing the other test subject and leaving her behind) gets him, badly, because he rightfully feels totally helpless about them.

That’s an astute observation. It satisfies her desire to mess with people, but much more importantly, you’re right about her identity issues.

She was still wearing the costume described in the Nacrene Museum section, only with the hat swapped out for a mask.

But anyway, boy, was that part fun to write. :p

That’s true, I probably should have caught that one. And thank you for the compliment.

I hope I can deliver within a reasonable time.

Glad you could make it!

Yeah, there’s a lot I would have done differently in the past, but like you said what’s done is done and given that it’s a cornerstone of how Anabel and Olivia evolved into the characters they are now, I can’t ignore it. I want to tackle what I have head-on and see what I can make of it now.

I think you’ll like what she’s heading off to do. I have some ideas for a subplot Bunny will get, and we’ll see how it plays out.

I think while I was developing that backstory I might have unwittingly made it more… real than I first intended, let’s say. That said, perhaps it is for the better, since the issue at hand is something that’s a matter of public conversation right now.

Yes, in this version Ghetsis used N to pursue Zekrom. I always felt Zekrom was the more appropriate one for him.

I don’t think I’d call it a backfiring. Everything she did there was deliberate.

It just struck me as… right, somehow. Colress’s raging egomania fits someone who came from another egomaniac like Faba.

Thank you!

diamondpearl876 likes this.
  2. GastlyMan

GastlyMan Ghost Type Trainer

Took a bit, but I’m caught up! :D

I thoroughly enjoyed these past few chapters. Because of me playing catch-up, this will be a (relatively) brief review, as has been customary for me lately. But rest assured, I’m very excited to see what happens next! ^^

Here are a few of my thoughts. A bit disorganized. Also, my memory is a bit rusty from previous chapters, so hopefully I haven’t overlooked anything too important. :)
    • I enjoyed the scene where the Prophet initially preaches of the utopia she wants to build, then confesses that she simply wants revenge on Polaris. It shows a very relatable side to her…although, I must admit I was surprised at first. But who wouldn’t want revenge on Polaris for what they’ve done?
    • I might have said this before. But I really admire the way you are able to incorporate Pokemon canon places, characters, and events into your work. It all fits together so seamlessly.
    • I wonder what will happen when Matt learns of Gabriella’s true nature...
    Clever save there, Pierce.

Oh man. While I feel bad for her, it should be interesting to see where this leads.

Yeah, I loved this. A lot. Actually took a picture of it and saved it onto my phone. You’ve created a special dynamic between these two, and it’s really sweet.

Heh, nice band name. But little things like this do wonders for building a convincing world.

Nice explanation of how the fairy type came to be. Again with what I mentioned earlier, with your amalgamation of canon with original work. Awesome!

Oh, good old Colress. Arrogant as always. Also enjoyed the scene where Nekou took him out with Stun Spore!

Love little lighthearted moments like these. You do a good job of balancing them with the darker and more emotive scenes. Of course the Mawile should get the cookies. If I had a Mawile, it would get all the cookies I could find, heh.

So messed up! But still, it does give insight into N…

An excellent assessment, if I do say so myself! ;D

All in all, nice job! I look forward to reading more!